Roy's VF-1S 3rd Reissue

Evanta

Just recently got mine.

-Slightly crooked seat

-1 slightly loose wingflap

But am happy. So is yamato going to release a tv roy vf1s (or maybe have hikaru as the skull leader pilot since roy died early with hikaru taking his plane :D) with tv fast pack combination? (similar to what they did with tv super max and super miriya?)

I would love to see this. Who else is with me on this? TV vf1s with hikaru pilot?

So far I have

-a low vis 1A with normal pilot.

-a tv super max 1J with tv max pilot.

-DYRL Roy 1S with DYRL roy pilot. (need to get fast pack for this)

(I've tried to get one of each different mech head: J, A, and S. Which is why I want to see a 1D in future.)

..now I want a tv 1S (roy's skull 001 that hikaru uses) with tv hikaru pilot complete with super fast pack in a box. I don't see why they couldn't milk this. You guys have soooo much money. The most memorable scene in the tv series was when hikaru almost dies and has to eject his whole super pack and armor after being hit with minimissiles. I think that episode was one of my faves because the animation in it was done well. For the completist collectors and displayers, it will look good to have tv super max and miriya displayed next to tv super hikaru.

And for those who want a tv roy pilot with grey flight suit, they could just release the same tv 1S again but repackaged without the tv fast pack that will come in the hikaru set. (roy never used one in the tv series did he?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just recently got mine.

-Slightly crooked seat

-1 slightly loose wingflap

But am happy. So is yamato going to release a tv roy vf1s (or maybe have hikaru as the skull leader pilot since roy died early with hikaru taking his plane :D) with tv fast pack combination? (similar to what they did with tv super max and super miriya?)

I would love to see this. Who else is with me on this? TV vf1s with hikaru pilot?

So far I have

-a low vis 1A with normal pilot.

-a tv super max 1J with tv max pilot.

-DYRL Roy 1S with DYRL roy pilot. (need to get fast pack for this)

(I've tried to get one of each different mech head: J, A, and S. Which is why I want to see a 1D in future.)

..now I want a tv 1S (roy's skull 001 that hikaru uses) with tv hikaru pilot complete with super fast pack in a box. I don't see why they couldn't milk this. You guys have soooo much money. The most memorable scene in the tv series was when hikaru almost dies and has to eject his whole super pack and armor after being hit with minimissiles. I think that episode was one of my faves because the animation in it was done well. For the completist collectors and displayers, it will look good to have tv super max and miriya displayed next to tv super hikaru.

And for those who want a tv roy pilot with grey flight suit, they could just release the same tv 1S again but repackaged without the tv fast pack that will come in the hikaru set. (roy never used one in the tv series did he?)

just do what i did. put the ij hikaru in a 1s and put on the tv fastpacks. pretty easy.

Got mine today.....thanks Kevin~!

One of em is perfect~! everything is perfect.......but skull is a bit crooked...HOWEVER, the other one is missing the panel on one of the legs that holds the arms together in fighter mode..... <_<<_< its not that it's loose....its MIA straight from the factory.....I've been searching for it in the box and around my little room...still cant find it.....too bad since this one has straight skulls ....

aaajin

EDITED

here's the pic :

EDITED again : got a replacement panel from Kevin~! THANKS

post-4-1103842455_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Hello:

Got mine today. The seat is a little crooked. But oddly the figure sits straight. Whereas my vf-1j the seat is fine, but hikaru always looks to have his eye on 4 o'clock. Can't tell if skulls are crooked because this is my first skull ever. Both skulls look the same as each other on their respective tailfin.

However, I can tell you that I'm missing a backpack antenna. There's nothing but a hole.

So, what should I do? Since I'm new here I'm not sure how the parts exchange works? Does one just post a request and hope someone can help out? Also, If I could get an extra antenna, is it difficult to install?

All in all, I like this valk, the joints are perfect and the transformation and locking is the best of any I have had so far.

I got mine the other day (from KEVIN @ Valk-Exchange, thanks BTW :) !) but I haven't had the chance to check it out until tonight. Everything looks great, no crooked skulls and/or missing parts. Should make my little boy happy, when he gets it in another 5 years, for his 7th b-day :D !

Methinks we should have a poll here so we can send this off to Yamato for QC reported problems. I know the Xmas season puts big pressure on the factories but damn, QC is starting to get as good as Toynami's. :p

For those who have both 2nd and 3rd-issues, did you find problems with both or one of the other?

On all of my customs (~ 10 2nd issues), I only had one QC problem reported by one customer out of the box.

Edited by Neova

Got mine today. The seat is a little crooked. But oddly the figure sits straight. Whereas my vf-1j the seat is fine, but hikaru always looks to have his eye on 4 o'clock. Can't tell if skulls are crooked because this is my first skull ever. Both skulls look the same as each other on their respective tailfin.

However, I can tell you that I'm missing a backpack antenna. There's nothing but a hole.

So, what should I do? Since I'm new here I'm not sure how the parts exchange works? Does one just post a request and hope someone can help out? Also, If I could get an extra antenna, is it difficult to install?

Looks like harmony gold's plan to sabotage the yamato factories is working. hehe :D

Soon there will be limbs falling apart, parts assembled backwards, missing heads etc There are probably hackers trying to screw up how the robots put the toys together as we speak. jk

the only QC problem I got is that seepage of the rubber joint that connects the leg to the crossT section.

that's BD2 and BD3 for those that have the manual in front of them.

if not here's the pic.

DSC00314.JPG

DSC00315.JPG

That's not really QC. That's just craptastic engineering. The all do that. <_<

I actually fixed my seepage and used as much of the rubber material as possible, not only did the squeeking stopped, but the leg is a lot more sturdier than before.

Go figure... (um... pun intended).

the trick is to sand the paint out of the socket then the rubber piece won't slip out. ;)

got my last week(thanks kevin) and theres 2 things wrong with it(me being nit-picky) the crooked tailfin printing and one of the ratchets in the legs is kind of loose. i'm not sure if its the spring or wha,t but i know it should be an easy fix when i get the chance.

Got mine for christmas.... problems are rubber seepage (know how to fix that, so that's cool) and the black plate that the head/neck sits on is wobbly where it connects/rotates to the back of the cockpit in fighter/ger mode. I havent got a digital camera, sorry. Its the bit at the top of BD6 from the diagram on page 4. Anybody able to tell me if this is tightenable? (thanks in advance if you can!)

Neova, many thanks for the reply. I re-read my post and i realised i wasnt even slightly clear (my fault, trying to say too much :( and failing :(:( ) - i meant the black neck bit when in fighter mode. This manifests itself as wobbling from side to side around the rotating pivot that connects through the nose/cockpit section - the hinge itself doesnt appear to be the issue. Maybe i'll be brave and have a look with a screwdriver..... gulp

Hi,

I'm new to the boards but have been lurking for a year now :) Just got my VF-1S the other day and thankfully it turned out pretty ok. No missing pieces and the joints felt tight when moving them and the backpack hinge seems ok.

On the other hand, the skulls are crooked, but only very slightly and the head is a bit wobbly as well in fighter / gerwalk mode. I also noticed that on mine, the left (from the pilots view) nosecone has a sort of scraped look to it. It kinda looks like someone took a razor and scraped that side of the valk. Also, one of the intake covers had some glue bits stuck on it.

Overall, I am happy, now just have to worry about that VB-6 Monster which is shipping. :unsure:

PS: Happy New year to everyone out there and thanks for rekindling my Macross flame and starting my valk addiction! (small collection at 3 but was only going to buy 1)

Cheers,

Thanks. Well, aside from the 1S I've got the Max Super 1J and the normal Hikaru 1J. I actually wanted to get the 1S as my first valk but missed out so am pleased the 3rd re-issue came out. Now if only they had a TV version or perhaps a TV version add on pack consisting of hands and pilot thrown in with some fast packs.... :D

Now if only they had a TV version or perhaps a TV version add on pack consisting of hands and pilot thrown in with some fast packs....

That's what I was thinking!

If I ever buy another 1s it will be a tv 1s but this time I do not want to buy a seperate fast pack parts box and would rather have it boxed together with a valk like they did with tv max & miriya to save on shipping. My shopping list right now is to get a monster, get the fast pack for the current roy 1s I have, get the upcoming GBP, hopefully wish that a green QRau comes out, and then, if I'm still not sick of macross stuff, I will consider getting a second 1s.

If they do a tv roy I would be tempted to get it but I'm more interested in an official fastpack-equiped tv hikaru 1s. (mainly because I personally don't have any of his valks -whether dyrl or tv vers- yet. And yeah I could take the pilot from 1j hik but I don't have him :( )

I think that will be it for 1/48s for me unless sometime in the future they find a way to make a 1/48 VF1D. :)

I just recieved/picked up my 1/48 Roy, from Valk Ex - THANKS KEVIN!!!, a couple of days ago. B))

Now being my first Roy, I love this toy!!! :wub:

No crooked seat or skulls! Nothing loose, broken, unglued or unhinged! Very minor paint spills on the wing Macross kite, and some other paint smuges on the same wing. But nothing a little eraser can't fix. :p

Oh ya, and a very loose head in fighter mode, but I'll try out all your suggestions to nail down and fix the problem. ;)

All I can say about it over all; IT'S A DAMN NEAR PERFECT TOY!!!! :D

Edited by Wheels

so what is the difference in the third reissue??

andy degration in paint or casting quality?

Is the canopy still the same type plastic?

is the Yellow more orangy??

what?

any pics for comparison? between second and third reissue??

The 3rd re-issue is supposed to be re-release of the 2nd release of Roy. The first release suffered some minor flaws such as crooked skull emblem, loose canopy, and loose nose cone. The 2nd release fixed all that.

• 2 weeks later...