Valkyrie 1/72 Booster display model

captain america

Hi all.

I've been relatively quiet of late, but not in vain: I've just finished up some promo pictures of the VF-1 Booster display base, just to give you an idea of what it'll look like fully built & painted. For those of you who would still want to acquire a kit, they are stil available; see the FOR SALE section, or you can order direct:

http://www.samurai-monkey.com

The one built up in the pics is of the exact same casting quality as the kits you buy... Actually, the kits are a tad better, as I used my somewhat mangled, test-shot parts for the build-up. Initial thoughts upon building it: much better than I'd expected! The high-strength polymer (used for the load-bearing parts) is much tougher than I thought it would be... To the point that I could plop 10lbs onto the mock-up display base without a problem, so it's more than sturdy enough to support the resin booster kit!!! The castings are superbly clean, and all of them fit perfectly and very snugly. The clean-up on the parts is so minimal that I was able to cast, post-cure, clean-up, paint & assemble the launch rail in about a day and a half; not bad at all.

Anyway, enough of my heartily biased nonsense, see pics below!

post-3-1100727822_thumb.jpg

I've got to say that your finishing work is as good as your sculpting and casting work! Awesome! This project continues to get better as John works on it. It's beautiful! Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work and passion that has been put into this project.

Now I've just got to get more money to buy these things! :p:lol:

The Captain's in Montreal?!?!?! :o:o

Crap!! That's a 2 hour drive from my place!! :p , my Granny lives there!! :D

Hmmmmm... Pay 15$ for shipping?.. or pay 15$ for gas?

:unsure::huh::unsure::huh:

...did I do a booboo by posting that link?? :(:(:(

AlphaHX, Gundamhead, we could all edit our post to get rid of it? :unsure::unsure:

Edited by Viceland

The Captain's in Montreal?!?!?! :o  :o

Crap!! That's a 2 hour drive from my place!! :p , my Granny lives there!! :D

Hmmmmm... Pay 15$ for shipping?.. or pay 15$ for gas?

:unsure:  :huh:  :unsure:  :huh:

Hahah, good job Gundamhead. I think you just made Viceland bust something. :p

If captain is there and you do go. Be sure to show some respect.

You know, a little post-25-1100728275.gif and little more of post-25-1100728275.gif and u know... maybe some post-25-1100728287.gif. Hahahha... ;)

...did I do a booboo by posting that link?? :(  :(  :( 

AlphaHX, Gundamhead, we could all edit our post to get rid of it?  :unsure:  :unsure:

Nah, its cool.

There were just some mishaps that occurred before with a booster on ebay incident.

I'm sure everyone has gotten it out of their system. I for one aint too worried. I just posted to give a heads up to not spark anything.

Anyways, moving on...

NICE WORK CAP!

When are you going to start working on the base vehicle? :)

Cant wait to see the whole thing finished!!!!!! :o

post-3-1098488037.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX