Lynn Minmay - chinese dress

Ryuji

Guest Bromgrev
Ryuji... how about this one :rolleyes::p;) Personally I find that it is the best of all drawings of Minmei by Mikimoto... the proportions of the body look more natural, real-life-like... whatever...

mik0112.jpg

OMG - where are Minmei's panties?! :o

Ryuji... how about this one  :rolleyes:  :p  ;)  Personally I find that it is the best of all drawings of Minmei by Mikimoto... the proportions of the body look more natural, real-life-like... whatever...

mik0112.jpg

OMG - where are Minmei's panties?! :o

You mean Graham? He usually pops in every weekday afternoon at about 6pm. :D

It would be nice to have a model of Minmei COMPLETELY naked, wouldn't it?

... or even 1/1 scale valks for verrrrrrry desperate macross fans?

very very wrong indeed

It's all the dragon's fault :rolleyes:

Edited by Skypoet

Kensei, what artbook is that minmay picture from? I know I have is somewhere, but I'm too damn lazy to look through all my artbooks for it. Let me know. thanx! :p:D:lol:

Guest Bromgrev
It would be nice to have a model of Minmei COMPLETELY naked, wouldn't it?

Of course it would, but only if it was 1/1 scale. :p

You guys need help. :p:lol:

Yup. Help in the form of a manufacturer making 1:1 Minmei figs ... B))

Ok, ok, back on topic you horndogs! :rolleyes::ph34r: So what does the book "Movement" cover look like? Damn... collecting macross books now. UGH!

you need to look in the book section of the main MW site. It'll have most if not all the artbooks that macross ever had or appeared in.

Movement cover

And here's the link for you lazy @$$es!

MW books section

:p:D:lol:

BAD NEWS!!

The first commission Minmay arrived to the customer...BROKED!! :(

So,Probably the other 3 are damaged too...If so, send me back - I will repair without cost.

I have no experience in pack garage kits for international shipping - I got some advices here:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=5296

but I still not sure how to transport - so, maybe it's better to stop my commission service - the kit never arrive in one piece... :unsure:

About that 4 Minmays : I'm thinking to re-ship in separate parts,wait at least 1 weak to paint cure well,send some paint to retouch (and pray to she arrive safely next time <_< )

If anyone have sugestions...let me know.

BAD NEWS!!

The first commission Minmay arrived to the customer...BROKED!!  :(

So,Probably the other 3 are damaged too...If so, send me back - I will repair without cost.

I have no experience in pack garage kits for international shipping - I got some advices here:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=5296

Ryuji, from my experiences, I'd slip the figure in a very loose plastic bag, then place it in a box padded by lots of crumpled newspaper. The crumpled newspaper should absorb most of the kinetic energy from being tossed around, leaving the figure intact. I say slip it in a plastic bag first so that the dry ink from the newspaper doesn't smear your paint job. Also, place it in a box that gives each side about 5 inches of "breathing room."

IMO, with a figure this delicate, packing popcorn and bubblewrap won't do.

but I still not sure how to transport - so, maybe it's better to stop my commission service

Nooooooo! :( If you're looking for a guinea pig who's willing to risk the money, let me know. I'm curious to know how well my newspaper recommendation will do :)

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Unfortunately preassembled and prepainted resin garage kits don't often survive the rigors of international shipping unscathed, even with the sturdiest and most careful packing. I also have some experience in this matter.

I once shipped several hundred prepainted resin figures. When I packed them, they were all in perfect condition and well packed, each in a plastic bag inside individual die-cut foam bottom and top trays with outer card box and sturdy shipping carton. However, by the time they arrived at their destination, parts had fallen off on about 50% of them :( .

Usually though it's just a few pieces that will seperate at the points where they were glued together. If you are lucky and depending on the design of the kit, there won't be any damage to the paint job and the parts that fall off will be easy for the customer to glue back on by themselves.

Ryuji, while it's good that you are offering to repair the damage free of charge, both you and your customers need to be aware that when you send back the repaired figure, there is a high chance that it may just get damaged again during the international shipping :( .

While I don't think you should give up on selling internationally, it's probably a good idea to warn customers before they buy, that the figure may suffer some damage during shipping and that this is unavoidable due to the fragile nature of the figure. The customer then has to decide if they can live with this.

And obviously as others have mentioned it's a good idea to use a lot of shock absorbing material such as newspaper, bubblewrap or foam chips in the packing (and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT :D ).

Perhaps using metal pins to pin some of the parts could help to reduce breakage during shipping, although this may increase the cost.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev

It's often the glue joins that cause problems. With resin kits, there should be no problem in producing joints as strong as the original material (trust me, I've done this on real aircraft). You just need to use the right type of glue (normally the same resin base as used in the kit) and thoroughly de-grease all surfaces with something like acetone or cleaning alcohol. A lot of glues reguire air to set, so you should leave kits for as long as possible (a week, if you can!) before covering the joints with paint.

Inserting metal pins works a treat, and it's pretty quick and easy once you get used to it.

Shocks in transit cause bits to seperate at stress points. Newspaper is a good material, it absorbs shock better and doesn't settle in transit like foam chips do. Finally, (I'm sure you're doing this already) you can never have a tough enough box! Most customers would rather pay more for packing if it meant the figure arrived in one piece.

I'm going to sit down and cry over those Minmeis, now ...

:(

Packing is indeed more of an art than science. I've been known to ship small models in 20in boxes to reduce shock. I usually use a combination of bubble wrap on the sides, foam peanuts surrounding the object & the object itself wrapped in clingwrap (to prevent loosing parts). The best meathod I've found is letting the object float within the foam peanuts, but you need the peanuts to be dense enough that the object cannot drift to the bottom or sides (thus reducing the shock absorbing effect of said peanuts), but if you pack too dense the pressure from the peanuts can break the object.

Like I said, it's an art. My father is a master of it....man is just simply amazing. I've seen ripe tomatoes survive the baggage gorrilas the way he packs them. He also likes to use light density closed cell foam.

I was looking at the breakdown of the parts last night. I think the arms, head and legs can easily be seperated for shipping and reassembled when they reach their destination.

And Ryuji, I'd be honored if you'd paint mine! I'll wait as long as it takes. :)