Lynn Minmay - chinese dress

Ryuji

Finally it is mine. :D

Unfortunately the people during transit weren't very careful with her and she got some paint damage during transit, so I have to go get soem touch up paint to fix the spots.

:(:(

I guess I need some metallic red, a flesh color from the rpg paint section and some dark midnight blue. I'm not good enough to fix the gold trim in the few places it was marred, so I'll leave that alone.

Ryuji did excellent making her, awesome job there, it sucks that transit didn't go as well as hoped though.

post-3-1112326197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Well,at least one Minmay "survived" from international post service's brutallity... :unsure: - 2 hadn't that "luck" and arrived with a lot of damages and will back to me for repairs. :( .Still don't know about the last one.

Anubis,if you want I can send to you the paint for retouch :clear red / dress, dark blue/hair and gold. The flesh color is a problem : I airbrushed with 2 layers of different colors,so if you try to retouch using a brush,it will be worse.

Unfortunately the people during transit weren't very careful with her and she got some paint damage during transit, so I have to go get soem touch up paint to fix the spots.

:(  :( 

it sucks that transit didn't go as well as hoped though.

well at least yours wasn't as bad as mine...

i'm not going to ship it back to ryuji, because she will probably get jacked in transit again :(

just gives me the motivation to try and learn how to build and paint resin kits myself

post-3-1112341818_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Jeez - how do those posties manage it? :angry:

They are all graduates of the "Gorilla Thugs" package handling school. :rolleyes:

In order to ship something that delicate, and have it survive unscathed, through the deplorable manhandling of just about any parcel service it may be necessary to carve a "form fitting" foam cradle that almost completely cushions the figure to keep it from shifting. This foam sarcophagus should then be placed inside a snug box and this should be then string tied to the center of a larger box to keep it from traveling to the extremities and packing peanuts or crumpled newspapers placed around it for shock absorption. And don't forget to insure it just in case.

Think of it as shipping nitroglycerin. :p

nother

ouch she looks like she is in major pain, it is a real shame that this happened the paintjob looks stunning on it :( how much did you guys pay anyhow?

chris

any updates on the shipping situation? And how about that order for the sitting down minmay? Will that be easier to ship? :huh:

The second Minmay is not in stock/pre-order yet:

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=2753

About commission, I'm not sure if I will take: she probably will not survive to international shipping - she is more heavy and delicate than the first one.(and you saw what happened with the first... :( )

Minmay had arrived. There are some minor paint chips or damage. Need to paint to re-touch the spots. :( The only thing that came off is the bow and another bow is missing.

Ryuji did excellent job assembling here. Beautiful and awesome job. Thanks Ryuji :) I hope you will continue to take some commission to assemble models.

Anyway, here are some pics:

minmay1.jpg

minmay2.jpg

So, Final "score" of Minmay :lol: :

2 "survived" (with some paint damages,but no broken parts)

1 destroyed :(

1 serius damaged (she lost all fingers :blink: ) .She will back to me for repair.

:unsure:

Not sure if it's a good score...

Edited by Ryuji

So, Final "score" of Minmay :lol: :

2 "survived" (with some paint damages,but no broken parts)

1 destroyed :(

1 serius damaged (she lost all fingers :blink: ) .She will back to me for repair.

:unsure:

Not sure if it's a good score...

Nope it doesnt. You might have to get custom foam to protect it when it ships.

I would sugest getting a good shipping box. wraping the model in some form of plastic wrap and then carfully using expanding foam. That way the fome forms itself to to model and the box. when teh kit gets to its new home a knife can be used to seperate the foam from the model

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ryujin.... congratulations in making it in what ever magazine that was.... that's just awesome..

F0697_1.jpg

I just bought one not too long ago, and it comes with that same pic, scaled down and without the MFGK logo though. ^_^

• 2 months later...

Zombie thread!

Good news guys, I just had Ryuji paint and ship me the standing Minmay and it arrived in near PERFECT condition. This time around he shipped the head, hands, and hair in small boxes within the actual box. They also have small pegs so you can attach them to the body in a jiffy, though you'd probably want to use super-glue in the long run, the pegs are pretty thin.

The only problem was that one of Minmay's purple ribbons came off her hair, but it's nothing a drop of super-glue won't fix. Finally, there's a small chip on the heel of Minmay's shoe approximately 1cm x 1cm. I've gone over this kit with a fine toothed comb and those the only two problems. Hell, they're so petty that I'd have to reclassify them as trivial.

Overall, it's a beautiful kit with a paint job better than anything that was painted at a factory. The gold trimming on Minmay's dress is so precise without a hint of overspray. Thanks again Ryuji. As for everyone else, if you decide to commission Ryuji to paint your kit, you don't have to worry about it getting damaged in shipping. FYI, I live in Maryland, USA.

Good news guys, I just had Ryuji paint and ship me the standing Minmay and it arrived in near PERFECT condition.  This time around he shipped the head, hands, and hair in small boxes within the actual box.  They also have small pegs so you can attach them to the body in a jiffy, though you'd probably want to use super-glue in the long run, the pegs are pretty thin.

Excellent news. But now I think that poor Ryuji is going to be pretty busy for awhile!