A not so scientific poll

Macross Junky

Hey fellow Macross-worlders...

I got into a bit of an argument with one of the "commanders" over at RT.com about the quality of the various Macross related merchandise out there. Of course, since RT.com doesn't allow mention of "competitor's" products (HG is afraid of them I 'spose) I couldn't pull out the stops and list the various pros and cons of the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 vs. Toynami's "masterpiece" VF-1. I was basically told that my statement "many of the other Valkyrie toys made are superior to the Toynami MPC" was only an opinion... :rolleyes:

Well, I figure it's only an opinion until a majority of people agree with it, and then it becomes a fact.

So, what do y'all think is better? The Yamato 1/48 VF-1 or the Tonami MPC VF-1? Feel free to say why with as much or as little detail as you desire...

I say the Yamato for the following reasons:

Awesome scale.

Great detail & extremely accurate sculpt.

PERFECT transformation--with no parts requiring removal.

EXTREME poseability--ball joint mounted hips blow away the 1980s swing arm style mounting that Toynami went with for the MPC legs.

Greater diversity of weapon accessories (although this only applies if DYRL is considered, and since RT doesn't include DYRL...)

Have at it, and thanks!

BTW, I'd really like to tell the "commander" that he's a sanctimonious prick and to piss off... even better if I can do it armed with the facts. :D

Edited by Macross Junky

Hello, and welcome to the boards.....I might caution you that posts like these are what some might call "Flame-Bait" So I would shy away from questions such as these....but to answer your question, I would say that the Yamato's, any Yamato's are the best, hands down!...Check out the newbie thread that is located under the Movies and TV listing for information.

Again, Welcome to the boards!

Larry

My little Banpresto is a "masterpiece" compared to the MPC, 'nuff said...

True Dat :lol:

When comparing various toys, one must look at the price tag too. A Mercedes is head and shoulders better than a toyota camry. However, the price tag may put the Benz out of reach for many consumers.

So how does this apply to the Macross toy line debate? Well, the 1/48 is the most detailed out of them all but runs around $100.00. Personally, I like the Chunky Monkeys for my buck. They average around $40.00 each and were always my favorites in terms of proportions and materials used. (really like the shiny ABS plastic with diecast joints). The MPC's are worth it if you find one in a garage sale for $10.00 or happen to come by a free one walking on the street. Of course, I would probably take that one, sell it on ebay and buy more Bandais.

This has been discussed allready. And it is not about the Yammies been better than the MPC... that is a fact, but about the Robotech.com and their special ways to shut down people valid oppinions about Macross/Robotech merchandise.

You can get the back up you need and go to the RT.com and post your oppinions "armed with the facts" as you said... and you will be banned. Then you will be back here bashing that "commander" and this thread will be locked.

Lol

Allways the same.

You dont need to spend your time in RT.com Let them be, and stay aways from their forums and products...

Maybe the MPC alpha will redeme their pathetic line of toys... I hope so.

Man, how can anybody compare the 1/48 to the MPC?!?!? There's no competition there. For one the 1/48 is bigger, more detailed, and doesn't use the old hip joints to transform. Ugh, people these days! :p:D:lol:

Rules are rules junky, follow them.

As for your little poll....hmmmm.....i say yiu get a particular answer here.

It's like going to a NASCAR race and asking the attendants: "what do you like better, NASCAR or FORMULA 1 race cars. :lol::lol::lol::p

As for merchandise over at RT.com, it is ROBOTECH!!!!! mechandise they sell there, not MACROSS!!!!!!...o.k...good.

I perfer the MPC over any Yamato product, but you knew I would say that allready.. :p:p:p:p:p

.................WE ARE ALWAYS WATCHNG!!!!!!..........................

ROBOTECH FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rules are rules junky, follow them.

As for your little poll....hmmmm.....i say yiu get a particular answer here.

It's like going to a NASCAR race and asking the attendants: "what do you like better, NASCAR or FORMULA 1 race cars. :lol::lol::lol::p

As for merchandise over at RT.com, it is ROBOTECH!!!!! mechandise they sell there, not MACROSS!!!!!!...o.k...good.

I perfer the MPC over any Yamato product, but you knew I would say that allready.. :p:p:p:p:p

.................WE ARE ALWAYS WATCHNG!!!!!!..........................

ROBOTECH FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What goat walked over your bridge?

the MPC is better than the 1/48 because.....

it's funner to watch the box mely around the batroid form in the fireplace

you don't mind when the dog chews it.

you save money making a valk really fly by gluing rockets to it

hey... free watch batteries... :lol:

Have at it, and thanks!

Welcome to da Macrossworld Forums M. Junky! Actually, this is probably the only time that I'd favor segregation. I've seen arguments like this fold faster than Superman on laundry day. From what I've heard Graham, Shawn, and other mods mention before. It's good to let bygones be bygones, stay on your own side of the yard because some people just don't understand. Every once and a while the MWF's (and/or the RTF's) will get a random (and sometimes.......very right wing extremeist) member from the "other" side that starts making trouble. If the folks are too ignorant to see the beauty of a quality product, then by all means let them live with their decision.

While the poll is an honest question, the way in which it is being asked is asking for a Macross vs. Robotech debate/war. We've just done that too many times. Nothing positive ever comes out of it.

Macross Junky, this has been debated very heavily on these forums before. Since this is a Macross board, it's only natural that the Yamato products would win out. Welcome aboard, and feel free to stick around. Hopefully, me locking this thread doesn't disuade you from coming back. ;)