New Robotech Series

GodMedia

Talking about the new RT series, anybody got an idea on what they wil be using for their mechas? I mean how will they ne animated CGI (ala Macross Zero) or just cell animation. I also red some somewhere that DR Movie, the same animation team that brought as macross plus has a hand in this new RT series, any truth to that?

BTW do have an account over at RT.com, but i rarely go there. :lol:

So you want us to fill you in just because you're too lazy to go to RT.com?!? :angry: Kids today... :p

Yes, it's Dr. Movie cel-shaded. Search for Robotech threads and there was a big discussion about this a couple of weeks ago.

Its not that im lazy, i just hate rt and my account over there ever since i new the real story about how HG bastardized macross to fit into their robotech series. I know, I know, I'm a macross purist convert. Im now anti-HG as well. :-)

@areaseven: kumusta ka na? kababayan!!!! I really love your area seven web site, especially when i got the shock of my life [found out this site was done by a kababayan of mine] :-)

Just wondering taga saan kaba? r u currently in the philippines ofr that matter? :-) I'm from Cebu BTW. :-)

Edited by grss1982

i wish they would just let studio ARTMIC take over the project as a mospeada sequel! :D

Unfortuantely, I think ARTMIC as a studio no longer exists. IIRC, their office/studio burnt down in a fire several years ago. I hate to think of all the priceless drawings that were lost :( .

Graham

Talking about the new RT series, anybody got an idea on what they wil be using for their mechas? I mean how will they ne animated CGI (ala Macross Zero) or just cell animation. I also red some somewhere that DR Movie, the same animation team that brought as macross plus has a hand in this new RT series, any truth to that?

BTW do have an account over at RT.com, but i rarely go there. :lol:

Well if your account is still good you have access to their Shadow Chronicles info. For all others it's "coming soon".

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Talking about the new RT series, anybody got an idea on what they wil be using for their mechas?

Only confirmed mecha are an armored variant of the Beta and an improved version of the Shadow Alpha at the moment. There are variants of the Horizon-class Dropship, Garfish-class Scout Cruiser and Ikazuchi-class Troop Ship as well. We have only slight speculation on the new Ikaros-class Cruiser that is supposed to fill the battle line requirements of the older Tristar-class Cruiser Leaders.

Possible reaction engine block of the new Ikaros-class Cruisers

ikazuchi.jpg

• 2 months later...

I saw the original post, it had a lot of video flicker. Is this the copy that filters that out that I've heard of?

The trailer was ok from what I've seen. I missed all the Robotech panels at AX due to waiting for concerts or meeting up with family.

At least the animation looks to be improved from that awful UN promo.

I saw the original post, it had a lot of video flicker. Is this the copy that filters that out that I've heard of?

310050[/snapback]

It's been edited, but it still flickers a bit. Like I said, it's more watchable than the original.

Edited by Wes

Actually, I thought the trailer blew to be honest.....the music doesn't match the animation, I thought the Celshade 3D looked to blah, and I would have liked to heard voices, not music....VOICES...I wanna know a hint of the damn storyline in a trailer.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahhhh.

I wanna know a hint of the damn storyline in a trailer.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahhhh.

310507[/snapback]

It is hard to present in a teaser trailer what one does not have to show :)

Seriously, I think they're still too busy trying to drum up support for this to have much beyond a very basic plot and maybe a scene or two hashed out.

Wow. People actually like my edited trailer. :blink:

To clear some things up . . .

The music is just temp music, the proper music hasn't been composed yet. This trailer was thrown together at the last minute for AX, probably due to pressure from fans for HG to show something . . . ANYTHING. To prove the series isn't vaporware.

Yes, the 3D kind of sucked. Many are hoping those were just early takes on the CG.

The screenplay and voice work were completed last year, and the animation is either complete or very near to completion. (IMDB says Shadow Chronicles has entered the post-production phase.)