1/48 VF-1S Roy returning in Dec?

bandit29

KENSEI, yer gonna hate me for this, BUT I just got me a 1/48 MAX 1A MIB for $135 shipped from another fellow MWer :D !

This is what I did after I read your post:

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Wait a sec... using my avatar? 075.gif J/K :p

LOL! :lol: Oh, but can you feel my frustration! Would have made little difference in the end because I don't have paypal. Applying to a bank this weekend. Cross fingers and hope by next year I'll have a Paypal account.

KENSEI, yer gonna hate me for this, BUT I just got me a 1/48 MAX 1A MIB for $135 shipped from another fellow MWer :D !

This is what I did after I read your post:

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Wait a sec... using my avatar? 075.gif J/K :p

LOL! :lol: Oh, but can you feel my frustration! Would have made little difference in the end because I don't have paypal. Applying to a bank this weekend. Cross fingers and hope by next year I'll have a Paypal account.

Use a credit card. That is what I did. Also, you better read Paypal Sucks webpage.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like those of us who ordered the valks are getting their orders sent out early! i got an email from VE stating that the VF-1S will be released later on this month...i was actually hoping it would be released in late december since i don't have funds right now (thanks to massive cellphone bill <_< ) oh well, i have around 4-5 weeks to gather up money... :mellow::wacko:

i used paypal and i haven't recieved type of request by VE to pay yet...i read on their site that they don't charge your paypal until they're about to ship an item...so i would assume that i wouldn't be charged until he has the VF-1S's in hand

Charges are made about 2-3 weeks before the item arrives so I can clear payments and get the labels, packaing materials ready for shipping. This especially holds true if I have a large number of preorders on hand. When the item arrives, the turnaround time to get them back out is 48 hrs or less.

If I wait until the item arrives to make the charges and collect payments, it's about a week's delay to get merchandise out the door... If you have a special request, you can always ask me directly. I'm not hard-pressed to make people pay up early....but I do my best to get the items delivered ASAP.

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

Wish I woulda known that earlier as I coulda requested that it be halted. I also have a 1/100 Monster on preorder and I'm not going to be getting the valk until the Monster comes in, anyway. :-( I'm not mad at you Kevin. Just caught me off guard, that's all. With the release dates of everything all of a sudden coming together (VF-1S, Monster and MPC Alpha all in the same week), it really hurts.

Kevin.......you da man. I'd give you ALL my money for toys......if I didn't have to eat....and pay rent....and pay bills.....and take my girlfriend to jamba juice....and.....

Make your girlfriend buy her own damn Jamba Juice.... :p

Kevin.......you da man.  I'd give you ALL my money for toys......if I didn't have to eat....and pay rent....and pay bills.....and take my girlfriend to jamba juice....and.....

eat? rent? bills? gf? :blink:

overrated... now go give Kevin all your money. :p

hahahahha... j/p. :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

Kevin.......you da man.  I'd give you ALL my money for toys......if I didn't have to eat....and pay rent....and pay bills.....and take my girlfriend to jamba juice....and.....

Make your girlfriend buy her own damn Jamba Juice.... :p

Ha!!! YOU tell her, man.....the girl's Italian. Fugedaboudit!!! Not tryin to have her go Tony Soprano on MY ass. Now if you wanna sacrifice YOURS for the cause......I think I could live with that. ;)

My source called me today and told me its HERE! I could get it on Saturday but deliveries are crazy that day! Looking like a very Happy Macross Thanksgiving to me!

PS: He said limited supply. ~ 500 pieces arriving into HK. 1500 - 2500 for the "rest" of the world. Plenty to go around, at least until xmas.

My source called me today and told me its HERE! I could get it on Saturday but deliveries are crazy that day! Looking like a very Happy Macross Thanksgiving to me!

PS: He said limited supply. ~ 500 pieces arriving into HK. 1500 - 2500 for the "rest" of the world. Plenty to go around, at least until xmas.

That's good news then. I was worried that there would be like a 1000 or something. That a huge amount of Roy's to go out. From your perspective, how long do you reckon that supoply is going to stretch out in the market?

So there's only 3000-4000 made this time?

I wonder how many of that will be sold to first time buyers or first time Roy1S buyers.... :huh:

I'm buying one and I'm a first time 1/48 buyer :p

I guess that makes me a first time Roy -1S buyer too :lol:

Dat Pinche Haro! Posted on Nov 18 2004, 11:11 AM

QUOTE (>EXO< @ Nov 18 2004, 07:23 AM)

I wonder how many of that will be sold to first time buyers or first time Roy1S buyers....

I'm buying one and I'm a first time 1/48 buyer

I guess that makes me a first time Roy -1S buyer too

Same here, well, at least, for the 1S ROY :) . I guess we're about to find out now that YAMATO's releasing it in the next few days ;) .

That's good news then. I was worried that there would be like a 1000 or something. That a huge amount of Roy's to go out. From your perspective, how long do you reckon that supoply is going to stretch out in the market?

Based on the 2nd run numbers and if demand is the same as when Roy, and Hikaru's 1S came out, at least 3 months for HK.

The same can be said for Max's Super 1J. The first 3 month window will get you one, but after that, price slowly increases then by the 4-5 month, drought.

I cannot predict the demand for the rest of world.

HK has a healthy Yamato Macross appetite and fanbase in my opinion.

Be warned, I got hit with a price increase JUST as I was about to take delivery of my orders... Grr... Don't be suprise if dealers increase the prices after the pre-orders to cover the rising YEN vs weaken Dollar.

Sigh...

Based on the 2nd run numbers and if demand is the same as when Roy, and Hikaru's 1S came out, at least 3 months for HK.

The same can be said for Max's Super 1J. The first 3 month window will get you one, but after that, price slowly increases then by the 4-5 month, drought.

I cannot predict the demand for the rest of world.

HK has a healthy Yamato Macross appetite and fanbase in my opinion.

Be warned, I got hit with a price increase JUST as I was about to take delivery of my orders... Grr... Don't be suprise if dealers increase the prices after the pre-orders to cover the rising YEN vs weaken Dollar.

Sigh...

Thanks. I understand about the USD against the rest of the world though. The AUD is just touching 0.8 USD...the best it's ever been in years. I wouldn't be surprised if it suppasses 0.8 USD.

it's just a re-release of the previous release of the VF-1S Roy so there's no difference from this release than from any of the other releases

if you read through the whole thread you would've caught it :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

it's just a re-release of the previous release of the VF-1S Roy so there's no difference from this release than from any of the other releases

if you read through the whole thread you would've caught it :p

i thought i read this thread and there was no official word if ti was going to be exactly the same? :unsure:

personally, i'm hoping for a grey version of the 1S cause this off white plastic is just going to yellow over time.

I wonder how many of that will be sold to first time buyers or first time Roy1S buyers.... :huh:

There definiately is a limited amount of the VF1S Reissues this time around. My allocation was cut and like Neova, our supplier jacked up the prices the last minute. Basically, it was 'take it or leave it offer'.... :( Apparently, the recent rise in oil prices caused a price hike in raw materials for the factories. The factories passed this on to Yamato, and it was a domino effect. Additionlly, the lower value of the US Dollar to the Yen didn't help....

-Kevin

First time 1S Roy for me three, and recieved payment confirmation email from Kevin! B))

THANKS KEVIN!!! :D

It would have been my first 1/48 as well, but I recieve the 1J Hikaru w/FAST Packs first. ^_^

First time 1S Roy for me three, and recieved payment confirmation email from Kevin! B))

you are going to love it, the Roy is awesome.

Personally, I'm kinda disappointed that it's only a reissue and not the grey variant. I dug the color scheme of the T.V. version (like the color on the Bandai reissues). I ordered it....but, I think I'll just wait and throw some GBP armor on it. Not as excited as I would have been if it were the grey version (probably since I already have a Roy 1S). Who knows....maybe I'll just leave it MISB (yeah....who am I kidding?)