UCS y-wing released!

do not disturb

The only one I've wanted so far has been the TIE Interceptor, so I got it. While the Y-Wing looks really, really nice; the only other one I think I would get is what some of you have already suggested, the A-Wing. I dunno, It's just somthing about the speed. :D

Someone needs to make a 1/48 or bigger Lego Valkyrie!

Looking good! Does it come with chubby or skinny rebel pilot? :D

Well, a Valk designed around a minifig would be more or less 1/42 scale. As soon as I get my collection organized, I'm wanting to build a Valk.

As for the Y-wing, I wonder if there's going to be another minifig version. They've released newer and bigger versions of the X-wing, Millenium Falcon, and the Snow Speeder.

i have not seen any pictures of it but how does the TIE interceptor look ? this one looks pretty nice, kinda expensive though.

chris

well to answer some questions, the MSRP is $119.99 and can be ordered through lego S@H. the released date is Nov. 2nd but they usually ship before the official release dates so probably last week in Oct. its almost 1500 pieces so its not a bad deal if considering the per piece. $120 is expensive but its better than $140....yes my cup is half full. :p

UCS b-wing? i've been waiting 5 years for that. :blink:

UCS a-wing? again 5 years. :blink:

theres a guy that makes all his own custom UCS ships, heres the link...

MORE UCS SHIPS!

a UCS valkyrie? i remember there was a member here that posted some pictures of a big ass valkyrie they were building. it wasn't finished cause he had some design/weight issues and he never came back to post any updates. :unsure:

minifig scaled valkyries are out there as well as instructions over at foundrydx.com(you gotta pay) or you can download them from brickcommander.com(everything is free). :D

another systems scaled y-wing is unlikely cause lego just re-released the y-wing and tie advanced a 3rd time. first was the 7150, then the 7152, and last month or so they released 7262(y-wing is the same a slight design change to DVs tie).

the tie-int looks bad ass but its not very movie accurate. its good enough that it wouldn't bother the average SW fan but a nitpicker would have a field day with it. IMO, its one rocking set, no complaints here.

and yes the UCS Snowspeeder is pretty much the shiznit. it doesn't have much detail but lego did a great job of making it as close to movie accurate as possible.

HOLY CRAP!! That is really cool.... I would also like to see a B-Wing... My favorite...

And what about the Millenium Falcon?

we all await the UCS MF but i don't think it'll happen unless lego decides to release another $200+ set in the SW line. its probably the most desired set amongst all the AFOL's out there in the world. hopefully it'll become a reality? :unsure:

the b-wing is my favorite too! :)

Hey LegoManiacs! Amazon/ToysRus.com has a special offer going on until 11:59pm Oct. 2, 2004. You buy two Lego sets and you get the third FREE! Go here for the 411. I just placed my order for the UCS Snowspeeder, AT-AT, a free Millenium Falcon plus free shipping. This is a great deal, don't miss out.

Hey LegoManiacs! Amazon/ToysRus.com has a special offer going on until 11:59pm Oct. 2, 2004. You buy two Lego sets and you get the third FREE! Go here for the 411. I just placed my order for the UCS Snowspeeder, AT-AT, a free Millenium Falcon plus free shipping. This is a great deal, don't miss out.

Less than 5 hours left of this great offer. Just wanna let any members know about it before it's gone, since it was on the third page.

a UCS valkyrie? i remember there was a member here that posted some pictures of a big ass valkyrie they were building. it wasn't finished cause he had some design/weight issues and he never came back to post any updates. :unsure:

Hehe... That was me.. I still haven't finished it. Chances are, I'll have to make the legs solid before it will stand up, but I'm stranded at college away from my legos as the moment. :( No room for them here in my apartment.

There is one part that may hold it up, but I'll need to buy 2-3 AT-ATs first to get the parts, or find them online (it's a pretty rare part), and I'm pretty broke right now.

Btw, I spent a few years perfecting my own UCS versions. :) They were all in pseudo-mini-fig scale, but I paid strict attention to the classic proportions of the originals. I had an X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing and A-Wing... but I kind of obsessed about the scaling.. I built the X-Wing first, then calculated a scale based on the number of studs long the ship was. :p Yeah, I'm like that. The X-Wing came out to be about 18 inches long, the Y-Wing was about 2 feet long, the A-wing about 14-15 inches, and the B-wing was a little over 2 feet.. umm.. wide? Anywho, I have photos, but not here. The B-Wing and Y-Wing were taken apart to make the Valk, but the X-Wing and A-Wing are still in my closet. The A-wing turned out best I think, very carefully layered with plates to get the right shape. :) I just wish I had them here. :(

a UCS valkyrie?  i remember there was a member here that posted some pictures of a big ass valkyrie they were building.  it wasn't finished cause he had some design/weight issues and he never came back to post any updates.  :unsure:

Hehe... That was me.. I still haven't finished it. Chances are, I'll have to make the legs solid before it will stand up, but I'm stranded at college away from my legos as the moment. :( No room for them here in my apartment.

There is one part that may hold it up, but I'll need to buy 2-3 AT-ATs first to get the parts, or find them online (it's a pretty rare part), and I'm pretty broke right now.

Btw, I spent a few years perfecting my own UCS versions. :) They were all in pseudo-mini-fig scale, but I paid strict attention to the classic proportions of the originals. I had an X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing and A-Wing... but I kind of obsessed about the scaling.. I built the X-Wing first, then calculated a scale based on the number of studs long the ship was. :p Yeah, I'm like that. The X-Wing came out to be about 18 inches long, the Y-Wing was about 2 feet long, the A-wing about 14-15 inches, and the B-wing was a little over 2 feet.. umm.. wide? Anywho, I have photos, but not here. The B-Wing and Y-Wing were taken apart to make the Valk, but the X-Wing and A-Wing are still in my closet. The A-wing turned out best I think, very carefully layered with plates to get the right shape. :) I just wish I had them here. :(

i wish i could see some pics. :( its always good to see what other techniques people are using to create their MOC's...you know for inspiration..../theft. :p

if you weren't broke ass hell, you could've taken advatage of the buy to get one fre deal....damn thats a good deal.