custom star wars light sabers

do not disturb

do these replicas come with a vibrating motor so the sw geeks don't have to humm when they swing those around?

As far as Parks Sabers are concerned, I'm sure Jeff is working on incorporating sound into his sabers at some point. For the time being, I think the sheer quality of the product and the removable blade more than compensate for the lack of audio effects. :)

Edited by Drad

so i think i'm getting a parksaber if anything. they sound like the shiznit, and look it too. the MR's look nice but thats all it does, look nice. jeffs badboys light up and have the detachable bladez.....I MUST HAVE ONE!

i'll start saving up for it now, and hopefully i'll be able to pick one up by the end of the month.

i'm looking to get luke LS from ESB or vader, maybe maul, AHHHHHHH! :blink::blink::blink::D

i'm looking to get luke LS from ESB or vader, maybe maul, AHHHHHHH! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :D

Luke or Vader's sabers will run you around $265, shipping and batteries are included in the price. When I asked about the Maul, he quoted me at $550.. being that it's two sabers in one. So be prepared to pay quite a bit more for it. B))

How sturdy are those things anyways? I want the Vader saber. $119 is a bit much though.

I've never owned one of the Master Replicas lightsabers, so I can't speak for those. I only own a Parks. It's solid. If you think $119 is a bit much, then you might want to pass on a Parks. Those run $250 and up. Excellent, excellent stuff though. Absolutely worth every penny. :)

i'm looking to get luke LS from ESB or vader, maybe maul, AHHHHHHH! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :D

Luke or Vader's sabers will run you around $265, shipping and batteries are included in the price. When I asked about the Maul, he quoted me at $550.. being that it's two sabers in one. So be prepared to pay quite a bit more for it. B))

yeah i've been looking at his site non-stop.

whats killing me is that little display stand for $60! :blink: i know if i don't get one, i'll want one, and if i buy one, i know i'll be pissed i paid $60 for a stupid friggin stand.

if i get mauls saber, i know i'll want 2 red blades and probably another color on top of that, just for shits and giggles.

perhaps if we got enough people wanting to buy them, we can get them at the wholesale price but we have buy 10 sabers at once. :unsure: either way, i think this jeff character is going to take me to the cleaners. :D

perhaps if we got enough people wanting to buy them, we can get them at the wholesale price but we have buy 10 sabers at once.  :unsure:

A Macross World group purchase? Hmmmm.....

i have all the credentials to open a wholesale account and would be more than willing to do the leg work(shipping everything out, etc) if it means we can all save some money and get us some lightsabers. :)

perhaps if we got enough people wanting to buy them, we can get them at the wholesale price but we have buy 10 sabers at once.  :unsure:

A Macross World group purchase? Hmmmm.....

Oh no, hear those wacky fanboy wheels turning!! :lol:

call it what you will but paying retail sucks. :angry:

i was trying to open a wholesale account with HLJ to do the same thing for macross toys but people here are far too untrusting.

if i got like 8 people buying every new yamato release as well as anything else their heart desires, we'd all be saving mad loot. the HLJ wholesale price is about 40% less their retail price...plus shipping from HLK of course but we still would've saved grip. the 1/48 would've been like $60-$70 each but hey, i tried, no one wanted in. :unsure:

call it what you will but paying retail sucks. :angry:

i was trying to open a wholesale account with HLJ to do the same thing for macross toys but people here are far too untrusting.

if i got like 8 people buying every new yamato release as well as anything else their heart desires, we'd all be saving mad loot. the HLJ wholesale price is about 40% less their retail price...plus shipping from HLK of course but we still would've saved grip. the 1/48 would've been like $60-$70 each but hey, i tried, no one wanted in. :unsure:

Their loss. <_<

so i think i'm getting a parksaber if anything. they sound like the shiznit, and look it too. the MR's look nice but thats all it does, look nice. jeffs badboys light up and have the detachable bladez.....I MUST HAVE ONE!

i'll start saving up for it now, and hopefully i'll be able to pick one up by the end of the month.

i'm looking to get luke LS from ESB or vader, maybe maul, AHHHHHHH! :blink::blink::blink::D

Gene,

Let me know if you want any of these. Randy Johnson works with Jeff Parks and he actually just did a run of Vader's stunt saber from ROTJ. I should be able to get these to you at a great price.

How sturdy are those things anyways? I want the Vader saber. $119 is a bit much though.

Buy a MR FX if you only need a Lamp, cause that's all its good for. If you want something to beat your friends up with, then by a EL saber from Parks. If you want a replica, then talk to me.

How sturdy are those things anyways?  I want the Vader saber.  $119 is a bit much though.

I've never owned one of the Master Replicas lightsabers, so I can't speak for those. I only own a Parks. It's solid. If you think $119 is a bit much, then you might want to pass on a Parks. Those run $250 and up. Excellent, excellent stuff though. Absolutely worth every penny. :)

I'm with Drad, my first EL lightsaber was the MR Anakin FX. I thought it was cool, but once I saw the real deal (ie. Parks), I knew MR FX does not even compare. Jeff Parks, definitely makes the best custom sabers.

Jesus Christ!!!

Those Parks sabres are awesome, but his entire busniess is devoted to...

Jesus Christ!!!

Anybody know of any Zen Buddhists (or any other non-violent religions) who make as nice lightsabres as those?

(Rain sits back and awaits the inevitable firestorm, censorship and other stuff the often comes a flyin' when this thing happens.)

Peace.

Jesus Christ!!!

Those Parks sabres are awesome, but his entire busniess is devoted to...

Jesus Christ!!!

Anybody know of any Zen Buddhists (or any other non-violent religions) who make as nice lightsabres as those?

(Rain sits back and awaits the inevitable firestorm, censorship and other stuff the often comes a flyin' when this thing happens.)

Peace.

Meh. You don't have to like Christianity to buy cool lightsabers.

so i think i'm getting a parksaber if anything.  they sound like the shiznit, and look it too.  the MR's look nice but thats all it does, look nice.  jeffs badboys light up and have the detachable bladez.....I MUST HAVE ONE!

Gene,

Let me know if you want any of these. Randy Johnson works with Jeff Parks and he actually just did a run of Vader's stunt saber from ROTJ. I should be able to get these to you at a great price.

How much would the custom replica go for?

I'm with Drad, my first EL lightsaber was the MR Anakin FX. I thought it was cool, but once I saw the real deal (ie. Parks), I knew MR FX does not even compare. Jeff Parks, definitely makes the best custom sabers.

Do me a favor, elaborate on this please! I own the MR Anakin EL and am pretty satisfied - it looks cool, though I wish the durability was better (I've already had to do more than one bit of post-duel repair). What exactly makes Mr. Parks' work so superior? Durability is wonderful and I crave it, and the detachable blade is really cool, but are there other differences? And how much do you Parks owners miss the sound chip from the MR blades? To me, it's a major part of the experience!

Just looking for some guidance, I am determined to get a Vader saber and really want the best one possible...

I'm with Drad, my first EL lightsaber was the MR Anakin FX.  I thought it was cool, but once I saw the real deal (ie. Parks), I knew MR FX does not even compare.  Jeff Parks, definitely makes the best custom sabers.

Do me a favor, elaborate on this please! I own the MR Anakin EL and am pretty satisfied - it looks cool, though I wish the durability was better (I've already had to do more than one bit of post-duel repair). What exactly makes Mr. Parks' work so superior? Durability is wonderful and I crave it, and the detachable blade is really cool, but are there other differences? And how much do you Parks owners miss the sound chip from the MR blades? To me, it's a major part of the experience!

Just looking for some guidance, I am determined to get a Vader saber and really want the best one possible...

well i don't own one yet but i did a buttload of research as of late.

the MRFXLS's are kind of big since it takes 6 AA's as opposed to park which uses 1 9 volt(2, 9v for the ultrabright version) plus from what i've heard, the sound quality was pretty blah. the MRFX blades are skinney and not as durable as the parksaber blades....supposedly, you can get buck with the PS blades, the MR FX blades are good too but not as good.

as far as the missing the sound, theres a company(can't remember the name right now) that makes custom sabers with the sound, the detachable blade with 360degrees of light(no black line running through the middle of the balde like with the FX and park blades) and its movie accurate. you can also just buy the "sound kit" and install it into an existing saber or have it install into a custom saber.

the one i'm shooting for a custom saber with all the bells and whistles as opposed to the MR FX blades which aren't entirely that great in comparison to the other out on the market. most of the dudes making customs are making each piece by hand as opposed to factory built like the MRs.

Do me a favor, elaborate on this please!  I own the MR Anakin EL and am pretty satisfied - it looks cool, though I wish the durability was better (I've already had to do more than one bit of post-duel repair).  What exactly makes Mr. Parks' work so superior?  Durability is wonderful and I crave it, and the detachable blade is really cool, but are there other differences?  And how much do you Parks owners miss the sound chip from the MR blades?  To me, it's a major part of the experience!

The two major lightsaber builders are Parks Sabers and Lightech.

I own a Parks replica. It's extremely well-made and is film-accurate (ANH Skywalker version). Film designs are not available on the website for obvious reasons, but Jeff will make them or any other custom design for you if ask. Some of his designs are able to use a new dual-cell power source that runs on two 9-volt batteries instead of one, resulting in 35% greater brightness than the single-cell models. Prices include shipping and batteries. He also offers parts, extra blades, stands, and accessories as well as several stock saber designs. As far as I know, Parks sabers do not have sound effects. I'm alright with that, though. I just wanted a film-accurate replica lightsaber with a detachable EL blade, and I'm quite happy with it. Here are some examples of Jeff's film-accurate lightsaber designs from earlier in this thread.

Lightech sabers have the option of interchangeable parts to make your own custom lightsabers. Their website offers several stock designs as well as parts, upgrades, accessories, etc. They do offer a sound module, although it's not integrated into the saber hilt. Instead, it connects to the base of the hilt. Both Lightech and Parks use similar EL blade technology, but the blades are not interchangeable between each company's products due to differences in inverter design. Like Parks, Lightech's sabers are powered by one or two 9-volt batteries. Lightech does not appear to offer film-accurate saber designs. Prices seem to be a bit higher than Parks. I can't speak for their overall quality since I don't own one.

Personally, I prefer lightsaber designs from the films.. so my next sabers will also come from Jeff Parks. I'm sure Lightech sabers are just as sturdy, and they do offer the sound module, but I prefer the look of Parks Sabers over Lightech's. I do wish my Parks saber had sound effects, but for me the appearance is more important. It might be possible to attach Lightech's sound module to one of Jeff's sabers, but I'm not certain. In my opinion that would mar the film-accurate look of the saber. I'm hoping that Jeff comes up with a sound chip for use in his designs.

lol those lightsabers don't look quite ergonimic to hold it in your hand ... isn't it? :)

They weren't designed with that in mind, no. Back then, it was all about looking appropriate for the Star Wars universe.

Master Replica's design has only one aspect better then a Park's Replicas, the sound. But Park's Hilts are sized accurately, where the MR hilts, are enlarged to fit all components. Park's blades are duelable and very durable, where the MR are flimsy. Park's blades are detachable, so the hilt can be displayed easier and look better displayed. Overall, MR is great for a lamp. Park's are great for play and display.