calorie count of alcoholic beverages?

so there is no section to ask this so feel free to delete this if you must.

my friend and i got into this arguement last night about how many calories there are in a heineken? beer, light beer, vodka, etc. anyhow, i say it has something like 200 cals, he said its like 400....does anyone actually know? and is there a site that would have that kind of info?

again, sorry for the strange question in the wrong section. :huh:

It's not called a beer belly for nothing :lol:

I've never looked at my alcohol calorie content, not that I drink much anyway.

Only way I could say to know for sure is look at the packages when you make the next alcohol run to the store. They should have the same "nutrition" info everything else has, right?

It's not called a beer belly for nothing :lol:

I've never looked at my alcohol calorie content, not that I drink much anyway.

Only way I could say to know for sure is look at the packages when you make the next alcohol run to the store. They should have the same "nutrition" info everything else has, right?

well i lost the beer belly a while ago, i just don't want to get another. i want a six pack, not a keg. :p

unfortunately there no nutritional info on beer or any other alcoholic beverages as its not needed according to the FDA or whoever is in charge of that crap.

anyhoo, i just googled it and found the answers to all my questions. :)

heineken has 160 calories! :o

sorry for the wasted space mr. Mods.

when you start argue about something as pointless as that, its about time to stop drinking for the night. ;)

i had 4 heinekens and 2 pint sized glasses of vodka cranberry....on a empty stomach. i was ready to argue about anything at that point. 2 + 2 = 5 i tell ya! :angry::p:D:lol:

www.fitday.com

I track everything I eat.

only you agent one! :lol:

i don't keep track of anything i eat cause i pretty much stay away from anything thats bad for me. i don't eat fastfood of any kind, don't eat chinese food, don't eat potatoes or anything thats fried, i stay away from sweets and don't drink soda. i workout(go skating) 10-20 hours a week depending on the weather. basically, alcohol is my only weakness.

[me thinks] i must be strong like agent one, i must be strong like agent one[/me forgets] :lol:

so there is no section to ask this so feel free to delete this if you must.

my friend and i got into this arguement last night about how many calories there are in a heineken? beer, light beer, vodka, etc. anyhow, i say it has something like 200 cals, he said its like 400....does anyone actually know? and is there a site that would have that kind of info?

again, sorry for the strange question in the wrong section. :huh:

The thing about beer and other alcoholic drinks is not just the calorie count. IIRC the alcohol slows down the metabolism as well, so the calories are stretched...

Zero/Low Fat Pretzels or any other zero/low fat food.

It irks me when stupid people see 'zero fat' and immediately think that it automatically is health food which you can gobble without going fat.......

Word. I have ladies in my office constantly attacking each other for zero this or zero that cookies. I bring a bag of apples or peaches or bananas to work and they look at me as if I'm from another planet.

It's called fruit, people. It's good for you. :rolleyes:

why on earth would you go to macrossworld to ask a question about beer calories?!

Is this place the only source of information on the outside world for some people?

in a word....yes. :)

plus most everyone here is old enough to drink so i figured someone knew something about it.

sorry to have troubled you with such a silly thread that you didn't have to participate in. :rolleyes:

why on earth would you go to macrossworld to ask a question about beer calories?!

Is this place the only source of information on the outside world for some people?

This IS a social place. I don't see anything wrong with the question.

www.fitday.com

I track everything I eat.

only you agent one! :lol:

i don't keep track of anything i eat cause i pretty much stay away from anything thats bad for me. i don't eat fastfood of any kind, don't eat chinese food, don't eat potatoes or anything thats fried, i stay away from sweets and don't drink soda. i workout(go skating) 10-20 hours a week depending on the weather. basically, alcohol is my only weakness.

[me thinks] i must be strong like agent one, i must be strong like agent one[/me forgets] :lol:

Hey what is wrong with Chinese food? :angry: Not all chinese food is fried... You need to go to a real chinese place not those americanized crap.

Hey what is wrong with Chinese food? :angry: Not all chinese food is fried... You need to go to a real chinese place not those americanized crap.

i'm sure the real deal is the shiznit but the americanized crap is just that, crap! they pack it full of salt, MSG, saturated oil and other bad stuff i don't need in my body is all. and just because they throw in some veggies doesn't make it healthy either.

believe me, theres nothing more i want to eat then some chinese food, theres a place around the corner fro where i live and it always smells banging, i just won't/can't have it in my diet.

Hey what is wrong with Chinese food?  :angry: Not all chinese food is fried...  You need to go to a real chinese place not those americanized crap.

i'm sure the real deal is the shiznit but the americanized crap is just that, crap! they pack it full of salt, MSG, saturated oil and other bad stuff i don't need in my body is all. and just because they throw in some veggies doesn't make it healthy either.

believe me, theres nothing more i want to eat then some chinese food, theres a place around the corner fro where i live and it always smells banging, i just won't/can't have it in my diet.

Americans are funny.. we Europeans don't have the "fat" and "diet" problems and also we take more days off at work once for a while. Sitting behimd a desk so long will freak me out.

The American problem is one of refined sugar. 64oz sodas and the like. I don't understand the attraction to sugar tasting sodas... They are for sissy little girlie men. Do you guys think I got these biceps and pecs from soda and candy?

(my avatar on various weightlifting sites)

post-26-1094774312.jpg

I don't understand the attraction to sugar tasting sodas... They are for sissy little girlie men.

Says the guy who just posted that he drinks chocolate milk.

What are you? Seven? ;)

H