Poll: MPC Alphas

Godzilla

After all the problems with the Scott Alpha, will you still continue to buy the MPC Alpha line?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. After all the problems with the Scott Alpha, will you still continue to buy the MPC Alpha line?

• Hell YES! I will buy it all because I love them.
    • Yeah but I am getting them in hopes of getting the Beta.
    • I will buy one more and skip the rest.
    • I will buy 2 and skip one of them.
    • Sure but I will get them all later when it gets discounted.
    • Maybe if I have some spare change lying around.
    • !@#$ NO! I gotta be smoking crack to buy another one!

The only reason I will keep buying more if the Beta is comming out. With the VF-1 MPC's I got them because I knew that the Super Armor would fit all of them when they were released. Then the issues came with the Super Armors. :angry:

I hope they make a Beta even if it is only a half way decent one.

I want all of them but it might take a while before I can afford it. I just hope there are plenty of MIB floating on ebay for a decent price a year or so from now. I can't understand why some of the VF-1 MPC's are going for twice retail.

I don't think the choices cover the full range of reasons why someone would or would not buy more.

For example, I only ever intended to buy Scott's Alpha, just like I only ever intended to buy Roy's VF-1S 1/48. So the reason I'm not going to be buying any more Alphas is because I already have the one I want.

As for the Beta, I would consider it, but given the fact that I think it's one of the most hideous looking mechas ever designed, it would most likely take a two month period of me being bored and having too much money to spend in order for me to end up with one.

The next MPC I'll definately be buying is Scott's Cyclone. Unless of course Toynami has run themselves into the ground before it's released...

If you're going to buy just one, then why not make it the Shadow? If they stay true (LOL) to the Robotech universe, shouldn't the SF-7 have slightly different wing and body designs, not to mention that cool and dark color scheme?

If you're going to buy just one, then why not make it the Shadow?  If they stay true (LOL) to the Robotech universe, shouldn't the SF-7 have slightly different wing and body designs, not to mention that cool and dark color scheme?

Yes, the Dark Legioss is different. Are people buying this toy because it is a Robotech toy, a Mospeada toy, or because they just like to buy stuff?

post-26-1093672816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myriad

I cant decide at the moment what I will do. :blink:

I really want a Beta, and like with the SOTA toys Street fighter series, I have convinced myself the only way I am going to get most of my favourite characters is if I buy ALL the characters when they come out. :blink:B))

My initial reaction to the alpha of "damn, why is it so damn breakable and cheap" is now replaced with, " well, it does look pretty good, and it does transform fairly well...shucks i cant hate you, lets play" :p

Guess if price does come down *$150AUD is a bit much to justify* I will keep going with the series. But they had better do something bout the quality of material

TOYNAMI, please stop wasting money on the box!

Put it towards the quality of plastics and toy!

my 2 cents

I cant decide at the moment what I will do. :blink:

I really want a Beta, and like with the SOTA toys Street fighter series, I have convinced myself the only way I am going to get most of my favourite characters is if I buy ALL the characters when they come out. :blink:B))

My initial reaction to the alpha of "damn, why is it so damn breakable and cheap" is now replaced with, " well, it does look pretty good, and it does transform fairly well...shucks i cant hate you, lets play" :p

Guess if price does come down *$150AUD is a bit much to justify* I will keep going with the series. But they had better do something bout the quality of material

TOYNAMI, please stop wasting money on the box!

Put it towards the quality of plastics and toy!

my 2 cents

Yeah. The only thing I can not forgive is the crap plastic that they used. Most other small errors I can over look.

I'm going to get the others. I voted for the first. I had no major problems with my Alpha and I like this little guy. The only problem was a lose right arm. It was nothing some well placed super glue and some constant motion could not fix.

The cool thing is that Toynami recognized the QC issues and was willing to exchange it for a new one, but I decided not to since I already put so much work into it.

As long as I know that the QC is improving and IF I get a defective on I can exchange it, I have no problems with my Alpha.

I missed out on these Alphas years ago so I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting now. Having a Shadow Alpha would be AWESOME and having the Betas would be a very nice bonus :D

Edited by SDFcommander

I knew to skip this one. I'm gonna wait for the 2nd or 3rd down the line. If I can get a Scott/Stig later for cheap I'll do that. More likely than not to get a Shadow.