The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

i preordered it and the SHE Mightgaine, i will post a reveiw when it comes in.

chris

381763[/snapback]

Yep, got one also. I have the money for it right now, so I will not be spending it until this order comes in. It will be undoubtedly the most expensive piece of plastic I have ever bought, but it will look nice on my Gunbuster site. I have got to keep the toy page current with the newer stuff coming out.

381814[/snapback]

Hey hey! I thought your cels were the most expensive pieces of plastic (ok ok acetate) you've purchased! :lol:

Dang, ya beat me to it again Danguard Ace. :D

Too much time spent drooling and too slow on the reposting, that's my problem.

Anyways, how amazing is that scan. Just when I thought we'd seen everything this figure would have (and I was allready impressed)... BAM! Have a rip off chest plate and power core with trailing cables as well says Bandai.

Domo Arigato Bandai! :lol:

It's so rammed with stuff that the other magazine couldn't print it all...

Is this kit transformable? I've been out of the loop for a while due to computer problems at home and have been unable to chat. If this kit is transformable, why am I spending $500 for the kit produced by Studio Halfeye?

400378[/snapback]

This is the forthcoming SOC man. B))

It's a big bugger alright, I can't wait.

400420[/snapback]

Ditto! Looking forward to the pics and confirmed price.

I'm confused, what do you mean by confirmed pics?

There are photos of the prototype version in several scans as well as at the Shizouka hobby show.

403853[/snapback]

Confirmed pics show the completed version w/packaging and usually show the finalized version w/any last minute modifications. Prototypes are just that... prototypes. These can be changed for whatever reasons by the companies before they enter production. Also many prototypes aren't even colored yet, just grey... oh lovely. :rolleyes: I for one prefer to see confirmed versions by the respective companies before I preorder anything.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Ah, when you said confirmed I thought you were implying that you still didn't belive it was happening.

I'm quite happy to pre-order now (well, when I get paid) I've watched a lot of SOC's progress from sketches onwards and Bandai always delivers. :)

I wonder if its gonna be super poseable like the Voltes V, since its packed with all the lil gimmicks.

403908[/snapback]

I reckon it will be, most of the gimmicks are in extraneous parts (shoulders mostly). The only gimmck that could cause trouble for the articulation is the Buster Colliders and those seem to be swappable parts anyway.

Awesome! Need I say, A WHOLE LOAD OF SPOILERS BELOW? HEHE

So like most of us thought, the Space monsters they've been fighting all this while were a defence system left behind by the humans in the past, with Nono as the control core. In reaction against the rise of Topless, which are regarded as Variable Gravity Wells much like the original space monsters, the defence system went against humanity. Could this have been the space monsters doing, to infect humanity with this affliction, Topless, so that it will divert the defence system's attention away from Black Hole Exelio? Black Hole Exelio, probably named after the Exelion, was where the original fight between Nono and the space monsters happened.

So now the questions remain:

1.) What are the new buster machines? Were they made from space monster parts?

2.) What is Nono's relationship to Noriko? She comes out of the asteroid mentioning her name when she was discovered, and now we know that Nonoriri is the name given to Noriko for saving humanity. Noriko keeps mentioning the last bird of mars, which was obviously refering to Noriko.

3.) Has Noriko returned to earth yet at this point in time? I'm guessing probably yes since its a long time into the future....

4.) What are the Topless? It was mentioned it was a "disease" and that the defence system will leave humans at peace as long as they "cure" it. I'm guessing its a diversion created by the space monsters.

So i guess this episode pretty much puts to rest any doubts that Top 2 has no relation to Top 1. Excellent episode. Pretty sad that its gonna end next ep. :(

possible spoilers....

?

No. Gunbuster hasn't returned yet. (12000 years is a long time.) But I suspect it's about to... Remember, Gunbuster returns to a far-flung future Earth. And in every episode of the sequel Earth has been mentioned, especially by Nono. But we haven't been there yet in this series. Also, who would want to see Noriko? Who's been waiting for her for a long time? Who has to remember to greet them when Noriko and Kazumi arrive? Who has hair like flame? What's one way she could live long enough to....

Just a thought. Pay it no mind.

Just watched it and it is Over the Top! I'm really enjoying this series now - started slow but it's just epic now, but still with "human" elements keeping the drama together. Very much like, dare I say it - the original Gunbuster?

SPOILER DISCUSSION!!

No I don't think Nono is in any way patterned after Jung. Even though Jung might have still been alive by the time Buster Machine #7 was created, I don't think Nono acts anything like Jung. The odd thing is tho, Nono DOES seem to have first-hand memories of Noriko, which COULD have been implanted from someone's memories of Noriko. But was it Jung's? Who knows...

Probably the worst thing is that you get the impression that the busters are related too the Solar System Shell Machines, mainly do to their organic-ness, yet you have nothing to back it up with!

It's also easy to say that the some of the SSSM's breakdown over time and go rogue, for whatever reasons and possibly due to thier 'implied' ties to the VGW's attack what they were made(either manufactured or influenced) to defend. Also potentially justifing the in system piloted Busters existance as a safe guard against such problems. But that would mean that the system once knew about the shell, and still does, and completely forgot about it! Again something that can't be backed up via story.

However the SSS extistance points out that it was set-up as a last ditch effort to protect Earth, and that it continues to exist and Nono's condition in the cometary fragment means that Earth doesn't 'know' that it 'won' anything and that a LARGE span of time has passed since Nono's 'breakdown'.

I gotta agree with JValk, that Nono doesn't act like Jung at all. Even if Nono 'restarted' some Jung would've hung around and she wouldn't have been so happy about seeing birds.

Frankly I hope that in ep 6 Nono and Oneesama 'merge' and they pull a 2001 on us.

Probably the worst thing is that you get the impression that the busters are related too the Solar System Shell Machines, mainly do to their organic-ness, yet you have nothing to back it up with!

Actually i meant that the busters and Topless are related to the original space monsters (VGW). The Topless are somehow similar to the VGW and i think its probably their ability to manipulate space like warping a giant robot appendage out of nowhere. Remember when they found the VGW on Titan and regarded it as an alien buster machine and Topless like themselves?

It's also easy to say that the some of the SSSM's breakdown over time and go rogue, for whatever reasons and possibly due to thier 'implied' ties to the VGW's attack what they were made(either manufactured or influenced) to defend. Also potentially justifing the in system piloted Busters existance as a safe guard against such problems. But that would mean that the system once knew about the shell, and still does, and completely forgot about it! Again something that can't be backed up via story.

Where did you coin the term SSSM btw? Anyway in the starting 5 minutes of episode 5, its largely explained that the solar system defence buster machines evolved over time to be more efficient and ironically take on the form of the VGWs they were designed to eliminate. The humans had no more options left after investing their whole military power for the Black Hole bomb plan, which apparently failed but gave them some time. Due to that reason, humans have shut themselves in the solar system and eliminated warp technology so as not to lead more space aliens into the solar system. The defence system forms a barricade outside the solar system disallowing anyone from entering and exiting through normal space. Thus the red horizon in space now called the Red Milky Way.

Not to rain on your parade, but during the starting 5 minutes of episode, the general asked the scientist why were the defence system attacking humans if they were made to defend them? The scientist then claimed.....that it has detected a danger similar to the VGW within its defence grid, the solar system. They are "Topless". Hence started the "rehabilitation" of all Topless in Fraternity, and that's when the defence system stopped their attacks appararently. So its not clear what's the relation of Topless with the original VGW but I assume its sort of the VGW's way of infiltrating the solar system by diverting the defence system's resources to attack their creators instead of defending the black hole.

So i doubt the defence system went rogue due to Nono's absense. They probably still functioned withtout Nono's concious thought, and were just reacting to the threat they detected in the Topless.

However the SSS extistance points out that it was set-up as a last ditch effort to protect Earth, and that it continues to exist and Nono's condition in the cometary fragment means that Earth doesn't 'know' that it 'won' anything and that a LARGE span of time has passed since Nono's 'breakdown'.

This is true. The humans seem to not know what has happened over a few millenia ago. They probably tried to venture beyond the solar system but were stopped by the defence systems buster machines, and thus fighting an enemy they throught were the space monsters.

About the Jung theory....hmmm.....maybe Jung made Nono....or better, Noriko's friend's (the one with glasses) daughter's grandchild? LOL! :lol:

Edited by wolfx

I wasn't referring to anyone wolfx. I was using the personal form of 'you' meaning yourself. But anyways we all saw how much 'truth' was in those twins words when they 'lost control' of the VGW immediatly afterwards. They only woke it up, which only implies they understood some of it's "workings/biology". The idea is only lent any weight at the beginning of 5 really, and unless Nono's is saying this it's their conjucture and iffy at best. It's kinda silly to discuss really because it's what advances the story.

The whole machine/organic is nicely NGE isn't it! :D

Solar System Shell Machines

Well the problem with what the science people claim is that if they truely knew, then why didn't the military 'quietly' wipe out the topless LONG before Pluto got bisected? Especially since the military wasn't afraid of dealing with them and we know that military's are slow.... but come on! lol! The answer is pretty simple. They didn't know. They didn't know about the shell and it's relationship to anything! And oh started getting a clue when they were forced to really look. It really sounds like 'hand-waving' to me in order to keep the 'plot' cohesive. And then you've got the 'Jupiter Expresss' to deal with also. Several dozen thousand SSSM's flying past Jupiter so well known that it's considered something of a duck shoot! WTF!!! There is also still that very annoying part where Nono is sent on that quest and has those SSSM's shooting at her! The only thing I can figure is that it had warp tech, the SSSM's knew about it and seemed to know Nono. But is it really because of Nono or because of the ex-Topless driver?

Gotta say though that shell isn't gonna be much against that monster though. :/

The "good thing" is that it does, ep5, imply that alot of time has past and that only seems to give hope to fans of the first series having a 'happy' ending in this one. COME ON! GB wouldn't be the cult hit if it wasn't for the ending. ;) But I've gotta punch a hole in that theory because if they didn't win the 'war' then the ending would've been different. So I'll say that DieBuster takes place after the orginal GB.

Freaking slow arsed download speed is kill'n me!!!!

Edited by chrono

Yah yah....i know SSSM stands for Solar System Shell Machines as said by you, but i was wondering where you coined this term cause it wasn't in my translations nor did i hear a japanese equivalent.

I wasn't referring to anyone wolfx. I was using the personal form of 'you' meaning yourself.

Oh oh...okok. :lol:

But anyways we all saw how much 'truth' was in those twins words when they 'lost control' of the VGW immediatly afterwards. They only woke it up, which only implies they understood some of it's "workings/biology".

Exactly! Which means they never knew what were the original space monsters, and mistaken the VGW to be one of them, a Topless. What this implies along with the Topless "threat" is, somehow the Topless is similar to the VGW. I don't know how but SOMEHOW. Similar enough to cause attacks by what you call the SSSM.

Well the problem with what the science people claim is that if they truely knew, then why didn't the military 'quietly' wipe out the topless LONG before Pluto got bisected? Especially since the military wasn't afraid of dealing with them and we know that military's are slow.... but come on! lol! The answer is pretty simple. They didn't know. They didn't know about the shell and it's relationship to anything! And oh started getting a clue when they were forced to really look.

No argument about that. They just recently knew about it of course, otherwise they would've got rid of the Topless long ago.

Hence the sudden drop of "status" experienced by Lark, Chico and the rest of Fraternity. From heroes to zeroes. A hard blow to them that they were not even fighting the real threat to humanity and they themselves were the threat was a painful blow to their ego. Chiko seems to be taking it strangely well though......

Nor Nono for that matter. I wonder where she went off to. I thought she was about to sacrifice herself by going into the VGW. Hmmm....maybe she went off to get Buster Machines 4,5,6 etc which are probably big ass muthas left in some periphery in space and forgotten. :lol:

Freaking slow arsed download speed is kill'n me!!!!

Heh? Have you seen/downloaded ep 5?

Edited by wolfx

Nor Nono for that matter. I wonder where she went off to. I thought she was about to sacrifice herself by going into the VGW. Hmmm....maybe she went off to get Buster Machines 4,5,6 etc which are probably big ass muthas left in some periphery in space and forgotten. :lol:

405675[/snapback]

*** Spoiler ***

You DID see the last shot of Episode 5, right? Nono is nono more :blink:

405675[/snapback]

*** Spoiler ***

You DID see the last shot of Episode 5, right? Nono is nono more :blink:

405683[/snapback]

Huh? She "abandoned" them. The VGW warped out towards presumably earth. What last shot?

Huh? She "abandoned" them. The VGW warped out towards presumably earth. What last shot?

405685[/snapback]

Just before the fade to black at 28:00. After Nono leaves and screens Lark off with the buster corp. I tried to take a screeny, but no luck.

405685[/snapback]

Just before the fade to black at 28:00. After Nono leaves and screens Lark off with the buster corp. I tried to take a screeny, but no luck.

405690[/snapback]

That's when she "ran away" wasn't it? :blink:

What did she do? In the office now so i can't check.

I remember distinctly she screens Lark off, flies off and a surprised Lark is bewildered. The general says that No. 7 has abandoned them and there's no hope left. The VGW then warps out.

PS: Surfed on some animeblogs and they said the same thing. I think you've mistaken on the Nono More part. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

405685[/snapback]

405690[/snapback]

What exactly are you trying to get across?

There's an echo and the swarm around some kind of ruin.

Nono running off at the last minute is certainly an odd twist but then she probably knows a fair few things they don't.

The preview asks "do you know what she (etc) found in the meteor shower"

I don't think she's implying the Gunbuster as that was built but I don't recall Noriko finding anything in a meteor shower. It's been ages since I've watched it, I'm suddenely very glad I downloaded it again to celebrate the SOC. :D

If there isn't a new Gunbuster for the finale then it's going to be a rel let down. :(

405685[/snapback]

405690[/snapback]

What exactly are you trying to get across?

There's an echo and the swarm around some kind of ruin.

Nono running off at the last minute is certainly an odd twist but then she probably knows a fair few things they don't.

The preview asks "do you know what she (etc) found in the meteor shower"

I don't think she's implying the Gunbuster as that was built but I don't recall Noriko finding anything in a meteor shower. It's been ages since I've watched it, I'm suddenely very glad I downloaded it again to celebrate the SOC. :D

If there isn't a new Gunbuster for the finale then it's going to be a rel let down. :(

405875[/snapback]

****SPOILER****

Guys, look at the last shot of the episode:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Dos...os/bscap021.jpg

That doesn’t look to much like some ruins. Those are the "Solar System Shell Machines" constructing a big ass Nono/Buster Machine thing. See the human features?

Edited by Twoducks

Yeah. I saw a skeletal rib cage and the buster corp covering it up to form a solid body and then the face. Easy to miss. ;)

Hey....if they aren't using warp, are they using FTL travel now? Even with FTL , wouldn't it take Nono a few years to travel from Titan to Pluto?

The image Twoducks posted is what I was talking about - you guys are right, I was mistaken about its meaning. I had interpreted the image as something destructive, rather than constructive. The buster corps machines are indeed constructing "something" ;)

I think that the franchise is about to set another new record in anime...

:ph34r: