The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

Heh..the new buster machine has bra and pantsu as accesories. :lol:

The amount of ordinance each Buster Machine carries is silly. They can wipe out entire planets should any of the Topless go rogue. :rolleyes:

I thought the third episode was pretty boss.

More serious that the first two, no excessive fan service.

Also maybe it's just me but Nono is beginning to remind me alot of Noriko (though a more goofy version, but she seemed more motivated in this one like Noriko was.)

The buster machine in the blister pack got a chuckle out of me :D

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the deal with the space monsters? I thought Noriko and Amano took all of them out with the Black Hole Bomb. Have they explained why these space monsters are back and what their goal is this time? Last time they just wanted to eradicate humanity and Earth along with it and would stop at nothing to do that. The sheer numbers they threw at the Space Force was staggering. A big part of the drama was that the longer humanity could keep the location of Earth from the space monsters, the longer they could survive and once the monsters discovered Earth, the potential evacuation of Earth. Now you see the monsters actually touching ground on Mars and seemingly there is no drama about that. Are the space monsters more lackadaisical about invading now, since I would think the moment they landed in the solar system, they'd warp a million of them right around Earth orbit.

So what's the deal with the space monsters?  I thought Noriko and Amano took all of them out with the Black Hole Bomb.  Have they explained why these space monsters are back and what their goal is this time?  Last time they just wanted to eradicate humanity and Earth along with it and would stop at nothing to do that.  The sheer numbers they threw at the Space Force was staggering.  A big part of the drama was that the longer humanity could keep the location of Earth from the space monsters, the longer they could survive and once the monsters discovered Earth, the potential evacuation of Earth.  Now you see the monsters actually touching ground on Mars and seemingly there is no drama about that.  Are the space monsters more lackadaisical about invading now, since I would think the moment they landed in the solar system, they'd warp a million of them right around Earth orbit.

323211[/snapback]

The monsters of the original anime were more of a threat to mankind. Not much was known about them save for their reproductive methods, and that was even a hypothesis. Their methodology was a lot clearer though as you stated, as their sole point was the total eradication of the human species. When attacking they acted together as insects would do if their colony was invaded. They were intelligent, had warp capability, and possessed energy weapons, albeit natural in origin. It is stated that the purpose of Operation Calnedius was to eradicate the alien threat once and for all, therefore securing mankind's survival. There could have been stragglers or survivors, but that is doubtful.

My feelings on this new series of monsters is that they may actually be a sub-species or a lower life form, but we really have not seen much of them as we have in the older show. At least not in the large battle cruiser type fights we were accustomed to. So we really do not know their intentions. They may not consider mankind to be a threat to the overall survival of the universe.

More on this later.

So what's the deal with the space monsters?  I thought Noriko and Amano took all of them out with the Black Hole Bomb.  Have they explained why these space monsters are back and what their goal is this time?  Last time they just wanted to eradicate humanity and Earth along with it and would stop at nothing to do that.  The sheer numbers they threw at the Space Force was staggering.  A big part of the drama was that the longer humanity could keep the location of Earth from the space monsters, the longer they could survive and once the monsters discovered Earth, the potential evacuation of Earth.  Now you see the monsters actually touching ground on Mars and seemingly there is no drama about that.  Are the space monsters more lackadaisical about invading now, since I would think the moment they landed in the solar system, they'd warp a million of them right around Earth orbit.

323211[/snapback]

The monsters of the original anime were more of a threat to mankind. Not much was known about them save for their reproductive methods, and that was even a hypothesis. Their methodology was a lot clearer though as you stated, as their sole point was the total eradication of the human species. When attacking they acted together as insects would do if their colony was invaded. They were intelligent, had warp capability, and possessed energy weapons, albeit natural in origin. It is stated that the purpose of Operation Calnedius was to eradicate the alien threat once and for all, therefore securing mankind's survival. There could have been stragglers or survivors, but that is doubtful.

My feelings on this new series of monsters is that they may actually be a sub-species or a lower life form, but we really have not seen much of them as we have in the older show. At least not in the large battle cruiser type fights we were accustomed to. So we really do not know their intentions. They may not consider mankind to be a threat to the overall survival of the universe.

More on this later.

323293[/snapback]

The new monsters appear to be more of a nuisance along the lines of cockroaches when it comes to the reaction of Topless. "Look, there's too many of them, let's get rid of them with our superpowerful Buster Machines!" as opposed to "Holy sh*t, they've found Sol, we have to stop them all NOW before we die!" If there is a bigger Buster Machine in the works, I don't see why it would even be needed.

323211[/snapback]

More on this later.

323293[/snapback]

The new monsters appear to be more of a nuisance along the lines of cockroaches when it comes to the reaction of Topless. "Look, there's too many of them, let's get rid of them with our superpowerful Buster Machines!" as opposed to "Holy sh*t, they've found Sol, we have to stop them all NOW before we die!" If there is a bigger Buster Machine in the works, I don't see why it would even be needed.

323369[/snapback]

Perhaps these space monsters are some sort of advance force to test the capabilities of the Human Military and the Topless. Maybe now we will begin seeing a larger main attack force.

As to where these new ones came from. Maybe there were a few left in a star somewhere, and now they have grown and reproduced.

Maybe they were some reserve force who stayed back from the main battle with the black hole bomb in the first one, and have been building up a force to attack again.

Perhaps these space monsters are some sort of advance force to test the capabilities of the Human Military and the Topless.  Maybe now we will begin seeing a larger main attack force. 

As to where these new ones came from.  Maybe there were a few left in a star somewhere, and now they have grown and reproduced.

Maybe they were some reserve force who stayed back from the main battle with the black hole bomb in the first one, and have been building up a force to attack again.

323371[/snapback]

Eh. The whole premise of the first one was that the alien monsters were basically giant antibodies. Humanity is nothing more than an infection and once we started spreading from our little "cell" the galaxy's immune system kicked in.

*note I've only seen the second episode from the first series*

Yeah episode #3 was acutally really good. Nicely balancing characterization, background history, science, and action. The science was that time can be influenced be incredible negative tempertures. I've read SF books that used this theme.

From what I've seen so far it looks like the BHB did kill ALOT of the aliens, but if we follow the ideas of the aliens being antibodies/insects then it may have been that it's taken them a long time to repopulate to even larger numbers. It also can be said that the BHB couldn't have gotten them all because the unvierse and the galaxy is simple to large a place to do so.

SOoooo..... they may have been having a running battles with the aliens for hundreds of years. Jupiter being turned into a giant warship, partially destoryed, and then populated says to me that the battles have been large scale and long deadly ones. The lack of mention of EXTRA Solar colonies tell me that humanity still fears being found and or that those colonies have been destroyed by the aliens. Also the lack of Buster units not being built in decades tells me that the war is/was at a lull or humanity is being stupid.

Still trying to figure out Nono's part in all of this besides the humorous robot T&A sidekick. Frankly I hope that the alien Buster Machine is a familar face.... er.... face plate. ;)

Perhaps these space monsters are some sort of advance force to test the capabilities of the Human Military and the Topless.  Maybe now we will begin seeing a larger main attack force. 

As to where these new ones came from.  Maybe there were a few left in a star somewhere, and now they have grown and reproduced.

323371[/snapback]

Eh. The whole premise of the first one was that the alien monsters were basically giant antibodies. Humanity is nothing more than an infection and once we started spreading from our little "cell" the galaxy's immune system kicked in.

323511[/snapback]

True but all I'm saying is maybe we should give them a few more points for intelegence.

Also if they are antibodies then (Hypothetically speaking) maybe these new attacks show that the galaxy's immune system has healed itself and is ready for another go at stopping those dirty earth parasites.

Maybe, I guess the best way to find out will be to watch and see. Does anybody know when four will be out?

Edited by Father Jack

I'm confused with the whole Jupiter thing. Did they not take Jupiter or Jupiter's core to make the BHB in the first place? I just watched the original yesterday and Amano clearly says "Yes, that is Jupiter. I has been compressed to 1/30000 of its size." Is the Jupiter in episode 3 another remnant that was not used?

With time dilation being such a big factor in the first series plot, I wonder when or if they will even touch on that in this series. I'm thinking not.

Yeah episode #3 was acutally really good. Nicely balancing characterization, background history, science, and action. The science was that time can be influenced be incredible negative tempertures. I've read SF books that used this theme.

From what I've seen so far it looks like the BHB did kill ALOT of the aliens, but if we follow the ideas of the aliens being antibodies/insects then it may have been that it's taken them a long time to repopulate to even larger numbers. It also can be said that the BHB couldn't have gotten them all because the unvierse and the galaxy is simple to large a place to do so.

SOoooo..... they may have been having a running battles with the aliens for hundreds of years. Jupiter being turned into a giant warship, partially destoryed, and then populated says to me that the battles have been large scale and long deadly ones. The lack of mention of EXTRA Solar colonies tell me that humanity still fears being found and or that those colonies have been destroyed by the aliens. Also the lack of Buster units not being built in decades tells me that the war is/was at a lull or humanity is being stupid.

Still trying to figure out Nono's part in all of this besides the humorous robot T&A sidekick. Frankly I hope that the alien Buster Machine is a familar face.... er.... face plate.  ;)

323582[/snapback]

The black hole bomb was Jupiter. The entire planet had been turned into one massive weapon, compressed to 1/30000 its normal size. Kazumi states this in episode 6, so I don't see how man could have populated it. I am going to have to watch episodes 2 and 3 of Top 2! just to see what I missed. As for the enemy, mankind's plan was to lure all the aliens to one spot and use the bomb. The aliens showed up in force in excess of 26,000,000,000 units before the bomb was to explode. I would think this is a little overkill for taking on a handful of ships numbering in the tens of thousands, but these guys were there for a purpose, and that was to wipe out humanity. So, when the black hole bomb went boom it turned the entire center of the galaxy into one huge assed black hole. While humanity was prepared for it and escaped, I do not think the aliens could have. Maybe on the outer fringes.

Which brings up their methods of reproducing. If we go by what you are saying, then humanity would have been alerted to the increased amount of stars dying at one time. The aliens procreate by laying their eggs into the heart of a g-class yellow star. To even get their numbers back to where they may have once been would take a long time. I would think that humanity would have stationed outposts just to ensure that the alien menace was indeed dead.

All in all, I do not think the new aliens are the same as the old ones. But they may be related to the insects of the original series. With three episodes to go, I guess we'll find out. However, if these Uchuu Kaiju are the original aliens, then that makes Noriko's and Kazumi's sacrifice at the end of the original show a waste.

Only if Top2 was truly a sequel, which its not. Its a re-imaging. What happened in the original is irrelevant to this one.

323733[/snapback]

No it's not irrelevant. Yamaga distinctly said that the two would tie into each other once the show was finished. It's only a reimagining in that it's a parody of 90's anime, where Gunbuster was to 80 anime. The next episodes are supposed to be much more plot driven and serious.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Still trying to figure out Nono's part in all of this besides the humorous robot T&A sidekick. Frankly I hope that the alien Buster Machine is a familar face.... er.... face plate.  ;)

323582[/snapback]

The black hole bomb was Jupiter. The entire planet had been turned into one massive weapon, compressed to 1/30000 its normal size. Kazumi states this in episode 6, so I don't see how man could have populated it. I am going to have to watch episodes 2 and 3 of Top 2! just to see what I missed. As for the enemy, mankind's plan was to lure all the aliens to one spot and use the bomb. The aliens showed up in force in excess of 26,000,000,000 units before the bomb was to explode. I would think this is a little overkill for taking on a handful of ships numbering in the tens of thousands, but these guys were there for a purpose, and that was to wipe out humanity. So, when the black hole bomb went boom it turned the entire center of the galaxy into one huge assed black hole. While humanity was prepared for it and escaped, I do not think the aliens could have. Maybe on the outer fringes.

Which brings up their methods of reproducing. If we go by what you are saying, then humanity would have been alerted to the increased amount of stars dying at one time. The aliens procreate by laying their eggs into the heart of a g-class yellow star. To even get their numbers back to where they may have once been would take a long time. I would think that humanity would have stationed outposts just to ensure that the alien menace was indeed dead.

All in all, I do not think the new aliens are the same as the old ones. But they may be related to the insects of the original series. With three episodes to go, I guess we'll find out. However, if these Uchuu Kaiju are the original aliens, then that makes Noriko's and Kazumi's sacrifice at the end of the original show a waste.

323720[/snapback]

The Jupiter point was made by the white haired chick in the early part of Episode 3. It maybe a red herring or simply just for wow factor.

The reproduction part is VERY easly explained away.

The speed of light.

During humanity's recorded history we've seen few stars nova. How many have we seen just go dark? Besides the effects of the BHB would not even be viewable from earth for at about twice the time that Noriko and Amano spent traveling home. The aliens showed up with a fleet of 26+ trillion even with several thousand aliens born from a single star that's still several hundred million to several trillilion dead stars. That's quite a few for any single galaxy or galactic cluster.

Any how we'll see, or not. ;)

So someone earlier was saying that Top O Nerae 2 is a parody of 90s and newer anime. It got me thinking of what anime it could be parodying or drawing on. Here's a list that I came up with:

FLCL - art, style

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - the ability to summon up Deux Neuf or parts of Deux Neuf out of nowhere seems like the Stands, as well as the styling of the Deux Neuf reminds me of Jojo

Evangelion - this is probably any super robot show but children being the best candidates for Topless, as well as the idea of sentient machines

Giant Robo - The characters from Topless and Fraternity are so stylized that they seem like superhero/villian types like Big Fire, rather than military people like the original. The Deux Neuf seems more reminiscent of Giant Robo rather than the decidely less human Gunbuster, which felt like more like a piece of machinery than sentient robot.

That's all I could think of. Does anyone else have ideas?

Well, I've only seen the first episode, but the talking cat in episode one kind of reminds me of Luna (do not know Japanese name) from Sailor Moon. Also, that purple haired chick reminds me of a cross between Rei Ayanami and Ruri from Nadesico. Just my two cents worth.

Edit: Something else comes to mind. Is it just me or does the diner Nono works in at the beginning kind of resemble the front section of the Luxion?

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Not really, but I did notice in episode 3 the said ship-turned-city looks like the Elterium . . . or a Super Exelion. Although I've come to the conclusion it probably is the Elterium.

It was actually kind of hard to notice until I turned up the brightness of the media player, in which the shape of the ship/city is very clear and Gunbuster-like.

So someone earlier was saying that Top O Nerae 2 is a parody of 90s and newer anime.  It got me thinking of what anime it could be parodying or drawing on.  Does anyone else have ideas?

325133[/snapback]

Definatly NGE with it's plotting and overall story so far. Especially episode 3!

Newer, late 90's, Getter Robo with the eyes and it's outrageous action scenes.

Steel Angel Kurumi, with Nono equalling Kurumi in many ways.

Episode 2's White robot reminds me of a mix between RahXephon and Z.O.E. Without the silly codpiece.

Nono's waitress uniform looks like something Anne Millers would have. ;)

Well, I've only seen the first episode, but the talking cat in episode one kind of reminds me of Luna (do not know Japanese name) from Sailor Moon. Also, that purple haired chick reminds me of a cross between Rei Ayanami and Ruri from Nadesico. Just my two cents worth.

Edit: Something else comes to mind. Is it just me or does the diner Nono works in at the beginning kind of resemble the front section of the Luxion?

325170[/snapback]

Ummm Luna's Japanese name is Luna ^^;

And yeah that was kinda obvious... there was also the two talking cats from that one Mecha from SRW... I think it had it's own anime too... Cybuster? is that right?

Anyway I saw the first two episodes of it... I have the third on my computer but I've kinda lost interest in Top2.

And yeah that was kinda obvious... there was also the two talking cats from that one Mecha from SRW... I think it had it's own anime too... Cybuster? is that right?

Yes.

Or Psybuster.

Or Cybaster.

No one's really sure, but you've got the right mech.

All righty then! With Diebuster already half-way through its run, the perverts in the manga industry are getting busy. I present to you, Aim for the Top 2!, the hentai edition.

top2hentai00.jpg

top2hentai01.jpg

top2hentai02.jpg

top2hentai03.jpg

And if anyone is interested in buying these:

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n17054995

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e46521484

I feel cheated. You say hentai but I don't see any hentai except for cold nips. :p Anyway to just to let everyone know, the new Kaiyodo Gunbuster is out! Anyone knows if this is a new sculpt from the old Gunbuster toy also by Kaiyodo?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01027

328846[/snapback]

Well, there is the camel toe in one of the black and white images, and Nono seems to be having fun with one of those robot's arms between her legs. And I'm sure the guy selling these left out the really racy pictures.

Edit: By the way, its a new sculpt and is more articulate than the old one. I ordered 2 of them, so when I get mine I will take picutres and post them. From the look of the box, it has interchangeable hands like the last one, and some other nifty things.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

All righty then! With Diebuster already half-way through its run, the perverts in the manga industry are getting busy. I present to you, Aim for the Top 2!, the hentai edition.

<snip>

328826[/snapback]

Umm... you know some of us read these boards from work. I realize the pictures could have been a lot worse, but still not exactly something I want coming up on my screen there.