Perfect Grade Strike Gundam

jonwayne

News from Gunota:

According to RGZ, who is presently attending Chara Hobby 2004, the following kits are announced. Pics courtesy of Mokei.net's uploader:

MG Ball ver Ka (December, 2,100 yen)

HGUC G-Armor (November according to the convention, October according to HJ)

MG Wing 0 Custom (October)

PG Strike (November)

HG X Astray (aka Dreadnaught Gundam, October, 1,575 yen)

Wonder does it comes with the Striker Weapon System.

bah, why can't theymake a pg kampfer or sazabi or nu gundam or regz.

those were so much cooler.

the strike looks awesome but it had better come with some weapons all the HG kits they show there are those the 1/144 scale?

IM wanting to start building models again it has been years since i stopped and i built mostly cars the PGs look really cool can u guys tell me what i would be getting my self into do i need to be a mast modelr to build it what i would need to get it built looking at the wing 0 and r the PGs fragile like other models as well

IM wanting to start building models again it has been years since i stopped and i built mostly cars the PGs look really cool can u guys tell me what i would be getting my self into do i need to be a mast modelr to build it what i would need to get it built looking at the wing 0 and r the PGs fragile like other models as well

all it takes is a good set of clippers a hobby knife and time. They are all snap and molded in color.

well...it is a PERFECT grade after all....hhehe. USually perfect grades kick all kinds of ass. All internal ABS frame with metal rod pistons....DROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

damn it I might need to get this thing. GUys what is more durable, a perfect grade gundam kit or a 1/48 yamato valkyrie?

I am not surprised strike is a perfect grade model next in series. I mean it is a cool design and I like it because it is reminscent of the RX-78...hell okawara designed it and I actually like it still. Hell he designed both those designs and its a good homage...albeit i dont like the character whjo flies it too much(me diehard UC)

:p Ah both pilots for the RX-78 and Strike were pussys I hope that Shinn guy kicks ass or I'll be mad about these whimpy kids getting powerful machines and all the drama.

Personally I'll get the PG Strike, you can always get 1/48's, but Perfect Grades sell out fast online.....really fast....the moment I see one on the net I'm snatchin it.

:p Ah both pilots for the RX-78 and Strike were pussys I hope that Shinn guy kicks ass or I'll be mad about these whimpy kids getting powerful machines and all the drama.

Personally I'll get the PG Strike, you can always get 1/48's, but Perfect Grades sell out fast online.....really fast....the moment I see one on the net I'm snatchin it.

i wouldnt call amuro a pussy he was actually pretty bad ass and awesome. IF u gave him time and stuck with teh series.

PG's may sell fast but bandai always remakes them faster than yamato will ever remake any more 1.48s. COuld have something to do with PG's being kits having to be built thus eliminating the need for assembly workers to build the kit for you.

No doubt in my mind that they sell fast but I am always assuming they get reproduced in greater quantities and stuff and during more times than the yamato valks.

For example the RX-78 PG gundam is still readily available in most sttores compared to the first yamato 1/48s. and the PG came out a few years ago.

:p thru every episode of Gundam he cried, and cried, and CRIED!!!!! Same with Kira and Athrun 0_o but Athrun cried cause he was overly mad and stressed out, THAN pulls the trigger :p Kira just cried cause he was a pussy.......Amuro cried cause everyone he cared about was dying left and right and he was in my opinion still just as overly emotional as Kira....wow how much they are so similar!

But no, can't pass off a perfect grade Strike, what I'm curious about is if it'll have anything else besides the mobile suit itself. Now if they made all the equipment for it, you can count of the price going WAY up, maybe the most expensive PG around....but if they were smart they'd atleast offer up Aile pack.

And if they were REALLY smart they'd get off their asses and start Freedom or Justice or Aegis!

Hell I wanna know where my Master Grade Ginn is!

A Perfect Grade Strike BETTER come with all 3 backpacks otherwise it's not a true Perfect Grade, and come with a frame to mount them on like the GP01 did.

Still waiting for more ZEON Perfect Grades :(

Edited by Anubis

Still waiting for more ZEON Perfect Grades :(

Amen, give me more Zeon suits! And NOT the HY2M series, those are OK at best compared to a PG. More of a glorified High Grade than anything else.

As to the PG Seed.....MEH.

The Seed suits are small suits, like the F91, and wing suits etc. So, to make a PG out of these is kinda silly. The PG Wing I had briefly did not overly impress me since the design of the suit was so slim, and girly, it did not stand too well, especially when you put the wings on it.

Nah, give me more ZEON suits!. Or let's start making some add ons or conversions for the existing PG's.

With just a few modifications, they could do SO MUCH with just the PG Zaku frame, we're talking F2, Kai, etc etc conversions.

A Perfect Grade Strike BETTER come with all 3 backpacks otherwise it's not a true Perfect Grade, and come with a frame to mount them on like the GP01 did.

It had BETTER not.

One of the biggest problem I had with the PG GP01 kit (besides the hideously ugly robot it creates) was the inclusion of the stupid frame, which was toy-like at best, and unnecessarily raised the price by three thousand yen.

Unless the PG Strike is priced under 15000 yen, I can't afford to get it. Including all three packs, of which only the Launcher is even remotely interesting, is a dumb notion. I don't want to spend money on throw-away plastic.

The Seed suits are small suits, like the F91, and wing suits etc.

You obviously have no idea what size F-91 suits really are. SEED suits are similar in height to Wing suits, which are roughly seventeen meters tall. In MG scale, that's a difference of about half an inch between Wing/SEED mechs and a typical UC Gundam. A MG F-91 would be fifteen centimeters tall, a difference of an inch and a quarter.

Raise your hand if you saw it coming.

Raise the other one if you forsee a PG Freedom in the future :p

(PS...The "Dreadnought Gundam" is actually a Dagger with Long Barrel)

Raise your hand if you forsee a PG Blue Frame in the future.

**Raises the hands way up high** B))

Typical UC suits ran in the 18-20odd meter height range.

The F91 and V suits averaged out at 15.

If it's really just plain old Strike, maybe i'll have to buy this 1/60 Strike Gundam Striker Weapon System just for the weapon set

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN917987

It MUST come with more weapons. it MUST. it just MUST.

wait wait wait. i just hope Bandai won't market it like the PG RX-78-2 or Zaku. Sell them plain first and then sell their additional weapons on a separate package. i'll be damn if they really do that.

If it's a Perfect Grade, then it should come with all it's weapons. That does make it a PG. Though the way they've marketed Seed it wouldn't surprise me if the sold it alone or with just the Aile.

The 1/60 HG strike release pissed me off. They sold the strike by itself, and then the strike+weapons. That was complete BS, they should have at least sold the weapon packs alone for those that bought the Strike by itself. I was so happy I didn't buy just the Strike when I was it originally, and stuck with my Metal Material Aile Strike.

The perfect grade should be an uber detailed upgraded version of this out of the box, and nothing less:

post-26-1093361219_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

If it's a Perfect Grade, then it should come with all it's weapons. That does make it a PG. Though the way they've marketed Seed it wouldn't surprise me if the sold it alone or with just the Aile.

The 1/60 HG strike release pissed me off. They sold the strike by itself, and then the strike+weapons. That was complete BS, they should have at least sold the weapon packs alone for those that bought the Strike by itself. I was so happy I didn't buy just the Strike when I was it originally, and stuck with my Metal Material Aile Strike.

The perfect grade should be an uber detailed upgraded version of this out of the box, and nothing less:

You could've bought the weapons pack set and 2 extra plain strikes to display all 3 modes. Don't see any problem with that.....unless you're like me and can only afford one.

If it's a Perfect Grade, then it should come with all it's weapons.  That does make it a PG.  Though the way they've marketed Seed it wouldn't surprise me if the sold it alone or with just the Aile.

The 1/60 HG strike release pissed me off.  They sold the strike by itself, and then the strike+weapons.  That was complete BS, they should have at least sold the weapon packs alone for those that bought the Strike by itself.  I was so happy I didn't buy just the Strike when I was it originally, and stuck with my Metal Material Aile Strike.

You could've bought the weapons pack set and 2 extra plain strikes to display all 3 modes. Don't see any problem with that.....unless you're like me and can only afford one.

When the Strike was released by itself, there were no listings for the Strike+weapon pack release, so I'm sure a lot of people bought the Strike figuring there would be a separate weapons system release, and then caught by surprise later.

OK, it's not going to have all the packs, but from this pick it should have the Aile Pack, and apparently a 1/60 Sky Grasper to go with it. Not bad for 14700 yen. With all 3 it would have been much higher, so that's a plus at least.

It also has the best waist design ever.

post-26-1093982235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

the waist looks awesome for it, i cannot wait to see the finished version this looks like it could be the best PG as of yet, what is that coming soon part? it looks like some sort of sword strike?

Chris

:o a 1/60 sky grasper.....wow with an aile pack possibly, and amazing detail, 145 bucks doesn't sound right....theres gotta be a catch.

The Sky Grasper is a pretty simple machine overall.

The price does seem kind of low though actually. Maybe because of the projected sales numbers?