Luke Skywalker gets Fastpack Upgrade

eriku

man,somebody put some tv style yamato hands on luke.they're huge.darth vader will need the force to move those giant boots too.

are they supposed to be for 3 year-olds? i can't see older kids or collectors wanting those :blink:

yeah,cause you know,people have been camping out at their computers waiting for them to go up on ebay :rolleyes::lol:

the parents will be sitting around bragging to their friends:

"yeah,got ours on ebay in the first 5 minutes they were up" "missed our tune-up appointment for the benz to catch ours.it was quite a thrill" "did you get yours on ebay?" "no,that's ashame" :lol:

i dunno, with gi joes on the market in my youth, the starwars, strait arm/strait leg suckyness made me not appreciate them

that and it was pretty obvious to me even as a kid how weird they looked compaired to their movie counterparts.

these... eh.. i can't say if i'd have liked them as a kid. i was realy REALLY into articulated toys back then

They are just Superdeformed type toys for kids.

What's so bad about that?

If SD is soooo horrible to many of you, howabout you send me all your Joke Machine Valks?  I will take good care of them since y'all too cool for them!

Yeah really.

"bitch bitch whine whine, Luke has a fastpack!! and look at those shoes! that's so stupiidddd :rolleyes: "

People say this and then have no problem with SD Gundams and Joke Machines?

:rolleyes:

When you start pissing and moaning about inaccuracies in toys designed for KIDS, it's time to put down the Internet and get out a little <_<

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

If SD is soooo horrible to many of you, howabout you send me all your Joke Machine Valks?  I will take good care of them since y'all too cool for them!

Yeah really.

"bitch bitch whine whine, Luke has a fastpack!! and look at those shoes! that's so stupiidddd :rolleyes: "

When you start pissing and moaning about inaccuracies in toys designed for KIDS, it's time to put down the Internet and get out a little <_<

Vostok 7

yeah, I think high-level collectors automatically ASSUME that these are for them and that stupid kids would only take them out of the package and play with them.... who would've thought???

*goes back to admiring his carded Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker*

That's one FUGLY action figure.

I'll wait for the commerorative reissues of the original figures (that're coming out with the original trilogy DVD) from Kenner. :ph34r:

reissues?

dude, reissues came out a long time ago.

it's the new commerorative figures that are cool, new sculpts, they actually look like the actors, way more posability have cool snap cases... and they're out now, check your local toys r us.. though mine only had han solo left.

Ok, when I first saw Luke I freaked and thought I was on drugs or walked thru a strange smoke cloud I shouldn't have. Darth though is something I would buy to stick in the car or to bug the little cousins when they come over. :D

Well, I can only speak for myself but I wasn't bitching, whining, OR assuming these figures were directed at collectors (although selling the first 500 on Ebay pretty much means they at least partially ARE...)

The purpose of this post was to primarily make fun of Lukes fastpacks and Vaders disco-dancing probot. No angst or ruffled fanboy feathers intended.

I have nothing but love for the super-deformed style, the Joke Machine is still my favorite valk toy. B))

Actually, Luke likes like a pretty nifty little figure if you remove that ghastly headgear. Still, I do prefere my toys to have articulation. I doubt I'd be inclined to 'collect the whole set' of a line like this. I might get the Vader, though. He can join Tochiro and my Catty&Co. figure on the bookshelf above my Alternators.

Eh, as dorky and ridiculous as those are, they are cute.. besides, after the uber-goodness that is the new Non-FX X-Wing, I think they've earned a little break from reality. If LucasPhlegm wasn't so darn copyright happy, this thing would be a great recasting candidate.

While I love the proportions and sculpt of this toy, the wings are gawd awefully floppy.

If LucasPhlegm wasn't so darn copyright happy, this thing would be a great recasting candidate.

Why bother with recasting it when there's somebody right here on Macross World who is selling the studio scale X-Wing kit? Would you rather settle for a recast of a toy, or a recast off of the real thing?

Yeah really.

Vostok 7

yeah, I think high-level collectors automatically ASSUME that these are for them and that stupid kids would only take them out of the package and play with them.... who would've thought???

*goes back to admiring his carded Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker*

I post my thoughts... but you two read my mind....