2004 Hobby Expo in Japan

Ivan

I'm too lazy to look at older pics, but did they fix the hips of the vf-0s? It looks better from what I remember. I still don't care for the overall design and transformation, though.

That was my first thought, too! The hips on the VF-0 look much, much better than before!!!

I might actually buy one if that's what the production model looks like.

WHOA! I have been waiting for somebody to make a Bubblegum Crisis figure since I first saw the thing fourteen years ago! Is that thing a figure with actual moveable parts or are those just statues with different poses? If it is a figure, I'm sold. I remember a member here was trying to make one out of a SOC figure, but I never knew if he finished it or not. Too much good stuff...

except that VF-0, that thing looks hiddeous.

Note that on the left of the pic we can see a VF-0 in fighter mode.

There's been another correction: the tailfins are now canted outwards (Graham has always correctly addressed that they were straight, which is wrong).

I like the VF-0, guess I'm the only one who likes all of it's three modes. I'm gonna buy it :lol:

But that's just me.

We get hard points in the wings, leg armor, the hips were corrected, I like the direction it is taking!!!

the fighter mode looks pretty decent, but the legs are way too long on the battroid, or at any rate it really looks off.

and non-macross, but can someone refresh my memory as to what THIS is from? i recognize it, but i forget the name. at any rate is looks like it might well transform, and it looks pretty good too. so does that priss hardsuit.

Ignacio Ocamica

Posted on Aug 21 2004, 07:00 PM

Call me an idiot but i like fighter mode!!!

Yep! the fighter mode looks pretty nice from the pics. :D

But the head looks a bit weird. :blink:

The head lasers are toohuge and the head is too small...wth.... :o

THe previuos sculpt of the head was alright. Why change that?

Wow, the hips look much better. I think they have corrected the wing shape as well.

It's great to finally see FAST packs. And FYI, the wing hard points have always been on the wings, even from the very early sculpt, but we still haven't seen missiles.

I wouldn't worry about the head too much. I think it's still the same sculpt, just the upward pointing camera angle is making it look different.

Still no LERX in battroid mode though :(

I notice they have also changed the backpack hinge, so it looks much better now.

And the VF-0 in the anime also has fairly skinny arms, so the toy is pretty accurate in that regard.

Definitely buying 3. And I like the color scheme on the fighter pic.

Graham

Head sux, really bad, if it's not that ugly, i might get one, if not, i'll keep my money for something else, best way o tell a company their product sux is by not buying it

Hmmm.... just noticed, they fixed the tail wings, maybe i'll get this then and leave it in fighter, fighter looks really good

Edited by NoSuchFile

Bravo to Yamato for listening to the fans complaints and greatly improving the problem areas of the sculpt.

Or perhaps it wasn't the fans complaints they listend to, probably both Kawamori & Big West told them how ugly the original hip joints were and to go and make the improvements.

Graham

It will be very hard for me to wait cause I want a 1/48 perfect transformation VF-0S :D Hurry up Yamato ! You don't need sell out all your mini VF-0S, to start production of the perfect ones :p

I agree with Graham for the head, it's right, is just the camera angle, wait for more pics ;), what is the LERX however?

LERX=Leading Edge Root Extensions. IIRC also known as LEX = Leading Edge Extensions (see pic below).

These should also be partially visable in battroid mode, according to both the lineart and CG art.

Graham

I see... might they include them in the production model?

I would guess not. I think they have probably finished making all the sculpt revisions they are going to make. They can't keep constantly revising the scult, otherwise the toy will never get released.

Graham

maybe that part gets lost in the part-swapping?

it would make sense since there's massive part-swapping for the VF-0S <_<

i'm gonna buy 2 of these...1 for display and the other to customize B))

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

sorry for being unclear...but what you said Graham was pretty much what i meant....i meant the LERX is not used (or "lost") when swapping parts of the figure

i actually think Yamato did a good job on the VF-0S...there are parts that i still don't like about it but it's nothing major or anything to really complain about

Yes, it looks like the VF-0A, i swear that the yamato will release the zero-A, they have just to change the color scheme and the head. Man, i love that color scheme.

Ehi Yamato, what about a reactive armour for this baby? :lol:

isnt the fighter the VF-0A grey cannon fodder colors?  The tail fin has light grey trim.  And the color scheme is similar with no chest stripe. Perhaps 2 versions are set for release upon toy launch?

Depending on what episode and which scene you watch of the Macross Zero OVA, the cannon fodder VF-0A is sort of a dirty greyish-brown, or perhaps brownish- grey :lol:

See: The VF-0A in the gallery section of the Big West official Macross Zero site.

And the Hasegawa VF-0A box art.

My guess is that the colors of the VF-0 fighter on display is not something that is going into productions, just a color scheme that Yamato is messing around with just to see what it looks like.

Or perhaps it's a varient that will appear in epsiode # 5? Perhaps Shin's new fighter? The white scheme with red trim could be a nod to Hikaru's VF-1J from the original TV series.

Graham

I've been comparing pictures of the earlier sculpt of Yamato's 1/100 VF-0S with these latest photos of the revised sculpt and I'm quite impressed by the changes Yamato have made.

Not only have they made those fugly hip joint sockets much smaller, thus moving the hips closer to the nose, but they have also redesigned the leg pivot point located just under the intake, so that is now flush with no ugly gaps. Looks much better now.

Compare pics below.

Graham