Cloaking technology

Hehe. I was taking it as a stab towards vapourware though. :)

One thing is.. how do the mechanics know where to service? can't see anything worth squat. And what about those red tags that you have to remove during pre-flight? Can you imagine a pic with all those little streamers hanging in mid-air? :) :)

Old pic, truly classic though, the "shadow" is just the silohette left by an F-22 after it rained, pretty funny picture really. There is an even better one at fabulous fulcrums, let me dig up the links.

Old pic, truly classic though, the "shadow" is just the silohette left by an F-22 after it rained, pretty funny picture really. There is an even better one at fabulous fulcrums, let me dig up the links.

I've never understood how people could mistaken that as a "shadow". It looks like wet ground almost shaped completely like a fighter. Still a funny pic. Always wondered if the guy in the pic accidently fell over after the shot was taken.

I've never understood how people could mistaken that as a "shadow". It looks like wet ground almost shaped completely like a fighter. Still a funny pic. Always wondered if the guy in the pic accidently fell over after the shot was taken.

*puzzled*

But it is a "shadow" -- dry ground beneath a fighter parked in a steady drizzle.

A shadow is defined as:

An area that is not or is only partially irradiated or illuminated because of the interception of radiation by an opaque object between the area and the source of radiation.

If you take rain as the source of radiation, it's not too far-fetched to think of that patch of ground as a shadow.

Nah, not likely the pilot fell over.. come to think of it, if it WAS a cloaked fighter, would the pilot be visible? Can you imagine seeing a seated pilot flying through the air?

The fighter jet isn't there to cast the shadow. The silouette of it on the ground is just the formation of water on the ground from when the jet was there. I'm not even getting into the gaping hole in the head of cockpit in said "shadow". I can pour water on the ground so it makes the shape of me but that doesn't make it my shadow.

Edited by Jemstone

Old pic, truly classic though, the "shadow" is just the silohette left by an F-22 after it rained, pretty funny picture really.  There is an even better one at fabulous fulcrums, let me dig up the links.

Yeah...if anything, the area around the jet should be wet, not where it is. Doesn't quite make sense.

The area around the jet sillouhette is what is wet the sillouhette is dry, look at the picture people notice how the ground around where the plane is is glossy.

Edited by Knight26