God Help Me

Qrusader

Man, I just dropped $200+ on 1/48 Low Viz Valk and 1/48 FAST packs....

What am I thinking? I'm not made of money. This hobby/obsession is getting too rich for my blood.

These damn Valks are too cool to pass up, though. Time to set up a lemonade stand, I guess...

Just venting everyone. I'm sure you all feel that pinch in your wallet, especially after a great Valkyrie month like this....

You do NOT need to buy every piece of Yamato merchandise that's out there. Don't worry Qrusader because there are plenty of MW'ers that aren't made of money. Don't second guess your latest purchase, the Low Viz with Fast Packs look absolutely gorgeous. B)

I'll loan you some money with reasonable leg breaking terms. You have no issue with 200% intrest and short term payback plans, right?

fattonyjoem.jpg

It's not "what you can do for organized crime", it's "what can organized crime do to you"?

Usrury is such an ugly term......... :lol:

200% interest, huh? That sounds reasonable....

Love the pic of Fat Tony and the quote. Another good post, JsARCLIGHT.

Thanks for the ribbings and comments, everyone. I checked out a bunch of reviews and pics and now feel much better about the LowViz purchase with FPs. I gotta cool it, though.

Then again, if Yamato releases FAST packs for my 1/60s, I could sell my blood, maybe get a part time gig delivering pizza, and.....

:rolleyes:

Haterist- I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe a trip to the land of the rising sun wouldn't be so bad....and if I could quench my thirst for Japanese toys at a fraction of the cost...it might be fiscally reasonable...

You do NOT need to buy every piece of Yamato merchandise that's out there. Don't worry Qrusader because there are plenty of MW'ers that aren't made of money. Don't second guess your latest purchase, the Low Viz with Fast Packs look absolutely gorgeous.  B)

UN Spacy - Thanks for the post. You're right, the Low Viz is a cool looking toy.

Gracias

I feel your pain, bro... My wallet is kinda hurting after this month: 4 - 1/48 Fast Pack & Elint & Ostrich all in the same month. :(

I hope Yamato spaces out there future releases, especially with the forthcoming Monster and Q-Rau :o

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I haven't bought too much this year. Unicron and reissue Skywarp are the only things I'd gotten this year until the Elint and Ostrich came out. Haven't seen a 1/48 I'm really interested in yet. Not real big on the 1/60's in general (the VE-1 and VT-1 being special cases) Looks like I'll be in a good position for some of the stuff coming out later this year ;)

Haterist- I'm thinking the same thing.  Maybe a trip to the land of the rising sun wouldn't be so bad....and if I could quench my thirst for Japanese toys at a fraction of the cost...it might be fiscally reasonable...

hey man,

i'm down for it.

i think it would be really cool if i could round up the mac heads in my area, make a list of everything everyone wants, either me or someone trustworthy rounds up the money and flies out there for a couple of days and hooks everyone up. its not like everyone needs to go anyway. just one dude whos willing to take the trip and look for the goods. we'd all split the the plane ticket and hook up the traveller with some extra lootcakes or a "nice lady" for him while hes out there, for bustin his hump to get our stuff over here.

this seems to be a major problem for all of us here.....$$$$

but if we could get a huge order together, we'd get a bigger discount and everyones happy.

we'd have to become communists for this to work, instead of just looking out for number 1, like this country has inbedded in our minds since the day we were born. the key is not to be selfish and look out for the other man AND the brotha man.

this is kind of tough, as greed and envy, is what drives most people nowadays and its a hard trait to overcome.

we goota work something out, so that me and others can come out on top without having to clean out a bank accounts to support our mutual hooby....F$%# YOU, you capitalist pawns!!!

Yes, and you can also ship yourself worldwide in a crate.

I feel your pain man!

I have one full time job, and one part time job. Barely enough to pay for utilities and food, and barely enough to pay for all of the wonderful toys coming out.

Here I am with several items reserved from my supplier but I still can't get it coz that damned check they paid me bounced!!! :angry::angry::angry:

They replaced it with a new one, but the fool thing is postdated (yet again) for September 25.

It's actually my part time job that gave me that bad check. "Apparently" the secretary forgot to put funds into that account. Stupid wench!

NOw I hav to wait another 2 weeks or so. Silver lining though, I have a nother check due out for that same date, meaning I can put both of them together and finally get that GX-04S that I've been eyeing since last year!

:rolleyes: predictable, aren't I? :rolleyes:

I have a part time job (25 to 30 hrs a week), and I go to school. Collecting Valks is an expensive hobby. I use to buy them as they were released, but now I am not. I try to buy at least one Valk every month or two. Currently I am just taking $20 to $30 from every paycheck and setting it aside to pick up another 1/48.

Speaking of macross toys being expensive, in Canada (Edmonton, Alberta to be exact) its rare for a Yamato Macross toy to show up. There is only one store i know that TRIES to get them and when they do they cost an arm and a leg. The 1/48 VF-1S was $330 (CDN) and Max and Milla was $230 (CDN). There was also anoher hobby store that sold Yamato's 1/60 VF-1S for friggin $390 (CDN), holy sheeeeiiitttt, now thats robbery! The only thing that we get lots of thats macross related is Robotech's MPC's, whop-de-doo! Oh well good thing there's Ebay A!

I toned down my drinking to free up some funds :blink:

My father would be so ashamed :lol:

not that I don't try to be as high as the valkyries fly... :rolleyes:

seriously, I need to get another car so I can shop for a home that has a garage so I can fix up my car. It eats into the toy budget badly but jsarclight understands ;)

Flying somewhere to buy stuff is fine, but you have to remember that if you exceed the alloted luggage size you must pay out the a$$.