yf-19

e_jacob77

Hi all,

Has there been any new info at all on this valk....I really want a 19 and don't want to buy one of the ones that are currently out, but will by mid summer 05........Hope someone can help....doubtful.....

Hi all,

YOU'D think with the sales of the non fast pack, that beautiful model graphix 19 and the thirstyness of all the threads and all the sales of the models, and the diecast models that they would have something by now.....The 21/22 didn't take that long......WHERE ARE YOU FP 19???????

If they have something, they have it very well hidden <_<

So well hidden they've lost it... :ph34r:<_<

they're just waiting for the right time to announce it...

yeah... yeah... that's it... that's the ticket... waiting to announce it see?

Waiting and waiting and waiting.....still waiting......... <_<

Well, it is taking a hideous amount of time, but I don't think I blame them.. the YF-19's gotta be one of the most complex designs in Macross, of not THE most complex. The fuselage literally has to fold over on itself into a pretzel shape to transform, and it's gotta play havoc with the proportions. If they're making it based on that custom model, it'll probably take a while to get it up to playable standards.. that thing looked pretty fragile.

Well, it is taking a hideous amount of time, but I don't think I blame them.. the YF-19's gotta be one of the most complex designs in Macross, of not THE most complex. The fuselage literally has to fold over on itself into a pretzel shape to transform, and it's gotta play havoc with the proportions. If they're making it based on that custom model, it'll probably take a while to get it up to playable standards.. that thing looked pretty fragile.

You're right. Especially if they're dealing with I.H.P.'s (Mr. Sakuragawa) custom model.

Well, it is taking a hideous amount of time, but I don't think I blame them.. the YF-19's gotta be one of the most complex designs in Macross, of not THE most complex.  The fuselage literally has to fold over on itself into a pretzel shape to transform, and it's gotta play havoc with the proportions.  If they're making it based on that custom model, it'll probably take a while to get it up to playable standards.. that thing looked pretty fragile.

You're right. Especially if they're dealing with I.H.P.'s (Mr. Sakuragawa) custom model.

I think yamato just put it on the back burner for now... if not vaporware. <_<

I really dont see how any valk would take this long to develop... as hard as the yf 19 may be, they have current examples to work with... Given they even have the convenience of CAD, all they really had to do was some trial and error.

So yeah.... Either theyre redoing the whole plus series, or it's on hold... indefinitely... if the latter is true, I think yamato has to smell the coffee and realize there are loads of people drooling just by the possibilities of one coming out.

Does anyone KNOW that sales of the 11 and 21 FP were "abysmal?"

Really, I'd prefer they used the VF-19A mold with add on FP and maybe a tweak or two (ala the 11 and 21). Having one (supposedly) improved sculpt with those 2 just won't be right unless they redo the whole line.

In fact, I'd be the happiest if they release the 1/72 YF-19FP like that. Then save the new mold business for a 1/60 scale series.

But I'm believing the project is vaporware myself. <_<

Does anyone KNOW that sales of the 11 and 21 FP were "abysmal?"

Actually, yes. Yamato's executive board and marketing department. :p:p:p

Really, I'd prefer they used the VF-19A mold with add on FP and maybe a tweak or two (ala the 11 and 21).

That's exactly what Yamato did with the VF-11 and YF-21 FP, and look where it got them.

the thing that ticked me off about the retooling... was that that those fixes were so obvious they should have been fixed the first time around...

I remember when I transformed the yf-22 for the first time, thinking, wow, if they just lay the legs down sideways, it wouldn't be so bulky...

I'm sure the designers thought the same.

but nope... they didn't bother...

so I say, ferget the old designs, if they're going to release a yf-19 FP edition, make it 1/60, charge 120 bucks and I'll be happy... swap parts if you need to... but make it look good.

I've seen it.

It was in a little bar off the coast of Atlantis and the Yamato YF-19FP was sipping a nice, cool mojito with Sasquatch and Jim Morrison. They were discussing how much they love to play Half-Life2 when they were interrupted by Amelia Earhart and the Lindbergh baby.

Okay. That's not true.

But it might as well be. :p