TV Hands for 1/48 - Where is Anastazi?

Skull-1

I don't know but when you find him tell me... I'm gonna scratch his eyes with my little 1/48 chicken hands! It's been how long? :rolleyes:

:p

If you're talking about my attempt at carving myself a set from eraser rubber. I only ever got as far as carving one hand.

In the end I grabbed a set of recasts from Robhi.

I had a little package waiting for me when I came back from the UK.

(That's where here I disapeared to. That and simply not having much to say)

The joining pegs took a little carving and the plastic feels a little wierd and soapy.

but they are the right shade of white and look nearly as good as the originals.

I was quite happy with the purchase. My two beauties are each sporting a pair at this moment.

Much nicer than the old chicken hands, but they are no longer 'perfect transformers' and I can see why some people who are fanatic about such things could prefer the chicken hands which can fold into the arms.

post-4-1092307694_thumb.jpg

I don't know but when you find him tell me... I'm gonna scratch his eyes with my little 1/48 chicken hands!  It's been how long? :rolleyes:

:p

If you're talking about my attempt at carving myself a set from eraser rubber. I only ever got as far as carving one hand.

In the end I grabbed a set of recasts from Robhi.

I had a little package waiting for me when I came back from the UK.

(That's where here I disapeared to. That and simply not having much to say)

The joining pegs took a little carving and the plastic feels a little wierd and soapy.

but they are the right shade of white and look nearly as good as the originals.

I was quite happy with the purchase. My two beauties are each sporting a pair at this moment.

Much nicer than the old chicken hands, but they are no longer 'perfect transformers' and I can see why some people who are fanatic about such things could prefer the chicken hands which can fold into the arms.

Nah I was talking about D... I was just messing. I talked to him this last weekend and I personally gave him a kick in the ass about the hands...

I am decidedly *not* fanatic about perfect transformation and I prefer the 'chicken hands' because I think they look better. ;)

They would be ideally a little larger, but I like the angular more robotic look of those over the Mickey Mouse glove look of the TV hands.

Of course, if the other poster comes through with his set of larger sculpted DYRL style hands I'll probably move over to those. Best of both worlds and all. ;)

short and to the point, I will work on these now since my vegas trip is finished. had the damndest 3 freakin nights I've had in vegas and now it's time for my body to rest.

I will update when I can in a couple of weeks. man, I just realized that it was around this time last year that I started working on these things. man I'm slow! :lol:

• 4 months later...
Speaking of 1/48 hands. Whatever happened to that DYRL-style hands project?

Is it vaporware now? :blink:

hopefully not...i know eternal_d worked very hard on the hands for this community...i still wanna see the project done, even if i don't get any DYRL? style hands :(

Is it vaporware now?  :blink:

hopefully not...i know eternal_d worked very hard on the hands for this community...i still wanna see the project done, even if i don't get any DYRL? style hands :(

he worked very hard on a hand... lol... He only did one.

he's still not done partying after that one accomplishment. :lol:

Ok, Eternal D was working on the dyrl hands but if can't complete the work there aren't atoher users who can make them? I mean... I see a lot of complex projects like the Valks atmosferic booster, launch arm, valk-girl dolls... its so hard make aftermarket hands for the 1/48 vf-1? We have some very skilled modeler, and I think that a lot of people is interested in them.

:)

Is it vaporware now?  :blink:

he worked very hard on a hand... lol... He only did one.

he's still not done partying after that one accomplishment. :lol:

:lol:

Edited by hirohawa

Man, can't wait for them hands. Rob's original recasts rock but I've always loved the DYRL style hands much better. I'm buying a couple for my 1/48's. wonder if you guys will make one to match the color of the low vis. (hopeful) :D

Make em!

Edited by Nani?!

i think i should answer the question of if these will ever get made...

the answer is yes and no.

no, because my original plan was to make one fixed hand and one poseable hand and that's not workin out too well. The parts made were too lose and very flimsy so I thought too many ppl would be unhappy with that so that's scratched.

yes, so the new plan is to make a set of 4 fixed posed hands sculpted out of the TV hands. I'm hoping to put in a couple hours each day so I can have them ready to recast within a month.

how do you ppl feel about fixed posed hands?

i think i should answer the question of if these will ever get made...

the answer is yes and no.

no, because my original plan was to make one fixed hand and one poseable hand and that's not workin out too well. The parts made were too lose and very flimsy so I thought too many ppl would be unhappy with that so that's scratched.

yes, so the new plan is to make a set of 4 fixed posed hands sculpted out of the TV hands. I'm hoping to put in a couple hours each day so I can have them ready to recast within a month.

how do you ppl feel about fixed posed hands?

fixed hands are cool.

The potential pain in the ass the poseable ones can bring, I'd rather have the fixed...

well fixed DYRL hands are fine by me. :)

the only thing you really have to worry about is making sure the gunpod hand holds the gunpod steady and tight, the other 3 are whatevs.

if people want both a fixed and poseable hand, they can just use one of the chicken hands and deal with it.

the yamato DYRL hands are pretty much the same size as the one you sculpted a while back so i don't think its that big a deal...that and beggars aren't choosers. :p

sign me up for 4 sets of hands please....if they ever get made. ;)

as far as hands for the LV, try using the alpha superposeable hands, they work like a charm and the color match is right on. B))

hmmm. :mellow:

I just checked them out and they look damn close.

I think I might pick one up for the hands. :lol:

thanks for the suggestion.

sign me up for 4 sets of hands please....if they ever get made.  ;)

as far as hands for the LV, try using the alpha superposeable hands, they work like a charm and the color match is right on.  B))

hmmm. :mellow:

I just checked them out and they look damn close.

I think I might pick one up for the hands. :lol:

thanks for the suggestion.

in case anyone doesn't know what i'm talking about regarding the alpha hands, heres the link to some pics. :)

linky