YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Sorry I can't do the cool all-black background pics...

gallery_16_647_643034.jpg

IMG_5395T_zps3msmc6eb.jpg

IMG_5420T_zpspa5b5jj7.jpg

IMG_5405T_zpsd9vki0zs.jpg

Anyways---I would love some Yeti-designed new adapters for the -25/29. As in, use no Bandai parts at all. See how the -25 is pitching upwards into a climb? The -29 can't do that---it'll slide right out of its own Bandai-built adapter if you angle it very much past straight-n-level. Bandai's adapters are also HUGE.

As always, still tweaking this. It is printing well with PLA. I am going to try and get it to continue longer and sit under the gap in the calve for extra support. Than I will try and get it to print well with ABS, but the tabs I am using around the metal hip joint are tiny. I will update when ready.

The 29 doesn't have slots in the forearms. I am thinking about something that just sits in the gap between the calve panel and the forearm. Might not be necessary, but the more points of contact the better.

If people will buy them, I'll make them. I don't know about the heavier armaments. If I can't come up with something that works better than the bandai ones, I won't offer them.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

If people will buy them, I'll make them. I don't know about the heavier armaments. If I can't come up with something that works better than the bandai ones, I won't offer them.

Understandable.

The YF-29 adapter looks great, if It can be used on the VF-25 would be great. Its too bad that the RVF-25 uses a gunpod adapter.

Mmmn, yes, need one of those.

Would that same molding work with a super-pack VF-25? VF-25 legs/arms would be in the same position in that configuration.

The geometry is entirely different. The gap between the calves and the forearms is much larger, and the added hip armors get in the way of the hip bar I am tabbing around on the 29.

Awesome/dammit. I suppose I should be grateful I only have the one 29... well until the blue one comes out.

Sorry I can't do the cool all-black background pics...gallery_16_647_643034.jpgIMG_5395T_zps3msmc6eb.jpgIMG_5420T_zpspa5b5jj7.jpgIMG_5405T_zpsd9vki0zs.jpgAnyways---I would love some Yeti-designed new adapters for the -25/29. As in, use no Bandai parts at all. See how the -25 is pitching upwards into a climb? The -29 can't do that---it'll slide right out of its own Bandai-built adapter if you angle it very much past straight-n-level. Bandai's adapters are also HUGE.

Nice pics David.

Fiddling around tonight---found a more "efficient" way to do my -25/29 pairing. Still working on it.

There's definitely a "learning curve" to using these, as you discover how things work, what's the best way to achieve a certain position, etc. Sure, you can accomplish anything with 4 arms and 4 elbows, but getting the same thing using like half as many parts, gives a sense of satisfaction. (plus it looks better and is probably more stable).

Fiddling around tonight---found a more "efficient" way to do my -25/29 pairing. Still working on it.

There's definitely a "learning curve" to using these, as you discover how things work, what's the best way to achieve a certain position, etc. Sure, you can accomplish anything with 4 arms and 4 elbows, but getting the same thing using like half as many parts, gives a sense of satisfaction. (plus it looks better and is probably more stable).

Very true. I find myself getting an orientation with whatever parts I can, and than slowly reworking the stand to more efficient hold the figure in that pose.