Glue discoloration fixes?

Saburo

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the glue turning brown or yellowing on their Yamato Valks? I noticed along the seam lines of the parts that the there was a discoloration, I am guessing this is the glue that is turning a yellow/brown. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions if there is a way to fix/clean this type of discoloration?

Thank you!

post-23462-0-96577100-1406130932.jpg

Just one of many reasons I hate figures that are glued together. Often has messy leaks/gaps/spills that dry, discolor--and make it impossible to separate/repair without damage. And usually pointless in the first place when they're screwed together anyways.

On video game controllers, I call that "hand cheese" :)

Since the Valk wasn't handled that much, it's more likely the aging of the adhesive.

Edited by xrentonx

I always figured that was just dirt and gunk settling in the cracks from handling.

Since the Valk wasn't handled that much, it's more likely the aging of the adhesive.

LOL @ Gunk and Hand Cheese

Sucks to see that Saburo, hopefully you're able to find a good solution. That said, I am rather surprised to see that on a newer Valk/release.

-b.

I always figured that was just dirt and gunk settling in the cracks from handling.

I suspected could be that, I took the pics last night and then posted them. I haven't had a chance to examine it closely since I am at work right now. I'll check it when I get home.

Ugh hand cheese... I had a friend back in college who's controllers had hand cheese just caked on them. We all knew to bring our own controllers if we were gaming at his place. LOL

LOL @ Gunk and Hand Cheese

Sucks to see that Saburo, hopefully you're able to find a good solution. That said, I am rather surprised to see that on a newer Valk/release.

-b.

Thanks, but I am not disappointed by it. Its part of the aging process of a toy so I accept it. chyll2 had a great suggestion, buy super/strike parts! That should cover most of the spots. :D

I emailed a friend of mine who is a toy collecter/toy restorer, he gave me some suggestions. I am going give it a try.

Edited by Saburo

^Very cool, I hope that it all works out, the restoration and the find/purchase of a reasonably priced set of Fast Packs.

:)

-b.

Thanks, but sadly I think the restoration has better chance at working than finding a set of "reasonably" priced Fast Packs. :lol:

Try to wipe it off first with dampcloth and a touch of dishwashing soap just to see if it's just dirt. ;)

I'll give that a try this weekend. :)

I guess worst case, you could sand the surface a bit to make sure the seam is level with the surface and spray paint it white.

The thought of painting it did run through my mind, but I am not confident in my painting skills.

I don't think it's dirt, The edges of white plastic usually yellow first. Happened to my assembly kit which i did not use glue on.

Yeah, its not dirt I used a cotton swab to clean the area after I took the photos.