• 2 weeks later...

The only gundam figure im interested in right now is the upcoming GFFN aile strike gundam. Its due out this june or july, there are no prototype pics atm but im sure this will be the best detailed and most sturdy figure you can get.

WOW that 1/35 RX-78-2 is impressive it has both size and detail! That thing will cost a fortune I bet. It seems as though the robot damashii line is focusing on 00 atm which is fine...

IMO the new gundam designs are getting kinda crazy atm... Most of the mecha from 00 look nothing like a traditional gundam mecha. Nothing really new to the table IMO unless your into gundam 00 which I really don't care for atm.

Im curious to see what figures come out of the upcoming U.C. side story game... those look interesting.

Is the 1/35th RX-78-2 Kai an extension of the FIX Figuration series? That looks pretty sweet! :)

From what I hear its not going into mass production and will only be a display piece for local shops in the area. This thing is probably close to 1000 USD so I doubt there's a huge public market for it ne way.

I'm not even sure they will be released. There's a site with a translation saying something like "GFF vision that was failed to release."

And with no date set, who know where they may end up.

Hopefully they will, some great MSV stuff!

Been seeing a lot of bitching about the two new Metal Composite Zeta Plus figures...apparently all the white portions are bare, shiny plastic, making these high-end pieces look decidedly cheap.

Anyone hear can confirm or deny?

Yes, heard a lot of people in Toysdaily form have the same comments about getting 'cheap' feeling about this 'expensive' toy.

Damn, that really sucks. I was really looking forward to these. I guess I'll stick with the plastic ones.

Well, there's some rationalization going on that since this is a transforming Gundam, the matte white paint might easily rub and discolor. That was a common complaint on the RX-78-2, which didn't even transform. I can personally vouch for this....when I first placed the gun in the right hand, the gun rubbed the white forearm and left a noticeable smudge.

Of course, that begs the question of why Bandai's such a fan of shiny plastic? I much prefer the matte plastic that Yamato uses in its products.

Of course, that begs the question of why Bandai's such a fan of shiny plastic? I much prefer the matte plastic that Yamato uses in its products.

The "matte" plastic you mention is molded with a micro texture that makes it chaotically reflective

thereby; matte. This is all well and good till you rub it with anything as harder or harder than a

fingernail. If this happens it is near impossible to buff the scratch out because it makes more of the

plastic shiny.

The way I see it is. if the only thing folks find to complain about is the plastic's texture then the price

of these these two are money well spent. If you like the Zeta Plus series designs that is.

The "matte" plastic you mention is molded with a micro texture that makes it chaotically reflective

thereby; matte. This is all well and good till you rub it with anything as harder or harder than a

fingernail. If this happens it is near impossible to buff the scratch out because it makes more of the

plastic shiny.

Although I prefer the matte look, I've read elsewhere that matte plastic or paint tends to capture dirt/grime from your fingers more readily.

Indeed, some of my friends have them and what a beauty they are, especially the RX-78-2. I wish Bandai would produce some chogokin MSG00, starting with O Gundam ^_^ .

I have it and I can attest to its beauty - it really captures the spirit of the original design. And those sexy legs... :lol:

Too bad though, the hip / waist blocks on mine on both sides are pretty loose, making it difficult to hold more dynamic poses. Any idea on how to fix this?

Edited by todd77

I got my Red and Blue Metal Composite Zetas and they are pretty awesome.

My Blue one has a problem though. The "pitot tube" like sensor was busted on delivery.

It fell off when I picked it up from the tray. Any pointers on how to get this fixed

and/or replaced? The part I am talking about is circled in the image below.

post-1571-1239593760_thumb.jpg

The Z-Plus is one of the very few Gundams that I actually like enough to spash out money on a high-end toy.

I really don't like the red & white & blue & white schemes, so won't be picking this up.

I really hope Bandai releases this Grey version, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

However, they didn't release the grey version with the original Z-Plus GFFs, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

Graham

plastic shiny.

Never had that happen on my matte finish Yamatos.

Graham