Lego Konig Monster

Torokun

yea this is a repost, but it is very nice, there is also a VF-1S and some Gundam ones available if you look around.

chris

somebody needs to get the instructions and post them on this site for the Koning and VF-1S so we can all build them

chris

somebody needs to get the instructions and post them on this site for the Koning and VF-1S so we can all build them

chris

Heres the site for the VF-1 and other Gundam/Eva Lego stuff. He sells the pieces needed and instructions on the site. Bit steep tho. The prices for the instructions alone are pretty cheap tho. :)

No clue about the monster. I would pay a pretty penny for that Lego set and instructions. ;)

http://www.foundrydx.com/

Edited by AlphaHX

Yeah, I've seen that site of a guy who made VF-S. He also has some other variations. And I think he did a wonderful job.

But, in my opinion, this guy who did Monster is on completely another class!!!

I am truelly awestruck! I can't figure out his contact information though...

i don't think that site is Glagla's site...

....................██...........................██

.................█......█.....................█▒▒█

..............â–ˆ...â–“â–“.â–ˆ...................â–ˆ.â–“â–“â–’â–ˆ

...........â–ˆ...â–“â–“â–“..â–ˆ.................â–ˆ..â–“â–“â–“â–’â–ˆ

.........█.....▓▓▓...███████...▓▓▓.▒█

.......â–ˆ.....................................................â–’â–’â–ˆ

.....â–ˆ.........................................................â–’â–’â–ˆ

...███████...............................███████

.â–ˆ.............................................................â–’â–’â–’â–ˆ

█......██................................................██▒▒█

█......██................................................██▒▒█

â–ˆ..................................................................â–’â–’â–ˆ

â–ˆ..........â–“â–“â–“....â–ˆ.........â–ˆ.........â–ˆ....â–“â–“â–“...â–’â–’â–ˆ

█.......▓▓▓▓▓....███...███....▓▓▓▓▓▒▒█

...â–ˆ......â–“â–“â–“....................................â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–ˆ

......███.......................................▒▒▒███

...............████████████████

........................█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

.....................██............▒▒▓▓██

..................█▒█...............▒▒▓█▓█

...............█▒██...............▒▒▓██▓█

............█...█...█...............▒▒▓█...█▒█

.........█...█......█...............▒▒▒█......█▒█

......â–ˆ...â–ˆ.........â–ˆ...............â–’â–’â–’â–ˆ.........â–ˆ...â–ˆ

.........â–ˆ............â–ˆ............â–’â–’â–’â–’â–ˆ............â–ˆ

I want the Konig Monster!!!

Yeah, I've seen that site of a guy who made VF-S. He also has some other variations. And I think he did a wonderful job.

I tried contacting that guy to purchase Lego Valk instructions and never heard from him.

Anybody got instructions they want to offload?

I tried contacting that guy to purchase Lego Valk instructions and never heard from him.

Anybody got instructions they want to offload?

just order the instructions off "da shiznit" link i provided or check out the other link i provided to brickcommander.com. you should just bea ble to download them straight off the site.

Yeah, does anybody know what happend to GlaGla? He had a website that he'd update occasionaly, a real simple one web-page affair with the picture of the current mech he was making, but all the sudden he just...stopped, completely. Pretty frustrating...

I think his Koenig Monster looks better then the Yamato toy! Serious!

The angles for the monster are more suited to Lego then the valk.

I agree! I gotta get hold of instructions for this kit... Anyone knows how to contact members at Brickshelf?

I think his Koenig Monster looks better then the Yamato toy! Serious!

The angles for the monster are more suited to Lego then the valk.

I agree! I gotta get hold of instructions for this kit... Anyone knows how to contact members at Brickshelf?

unfortunately, theres no kind of email/PM system to contact brickshelf members...yeah it totally sucks. :(

No offense to anybody, but as a lego builder myself (...I never stopped, even in college...), NOBODY ever makes instructions. Instructions are time-consuming to make, hard to draw/photograph, and many people simply make something (like the Konig) and scrap it for parts, making something else. Sure, it'd be cool if people made instructions, but can you imagine making a 1/72 transforming Valk out of scratch, then trying to make instructions on how you did it? It'd be a bitch!

Again, no offense, but questions like that sometimes piss me off, no idea why... :rolleyes:

No offense to anybody, but as a lego builder myself (...I never stopped, even in college...), NOBODY ever makes instructions. Instructions are time-consuming to make, hard to draw/photograph, and many people simply make something (like the Konig) and scrap it for parts, making something else. Sure, it'd be cool if people made instructions, but can you imagine making a 1/72 transforming Valk out of scratch, then trying to make instructions on how you did it? It'd be a bitch!

Again, no offense, but questions like that sometimes piss me off, no idea why... :rolleyes:

Why would that offend you? There are some lego builders out there that do make instructions so thats why people were asking.

Yes... it must've been a bitch to make instructions for a transforming valk...

But this guy did it...

http://www.foundrydx.com/store.html

i hear ya, thats always the question everyone asks when you build something cool. and while it would be nice to make some instructions, lego building is generally trial and error, so making instructions or even a parts list is really difficult.

go check out brickcommander.com if you want the valkyrie instructions, its free, its easy, just download it and you're good to go.

People who makes instructions usually use 3D softwares such as LDraw. You can print out almost professional looking instructions that way. Also, it's a good place to build mock-up prototype of your design. So, you don't have ot go through trial and error as you are building the kit.

:o Even with the thousands of lego pieces I had in my posession as a youngin' this would be impossible to make. :o I bet that custom wouldn't have been possible without owning a bunch of much more of the rare unique lego pieces which were produced and manufactured in lower quantities. :unsure: I wouldn't be surprised if iyou had to buy 6 millenium falcons, 10 X--Wings, 4 snowspeeders, and 2 Darth Vader Technic sets just to obtain those key pieces to make this Lego Konig Monster a reality. Then again I could be totally wrong. Not only would aquiring all the specific pieces cost A$$load$ of hard earned ca$h. Whoever put that together must really know his lego pieces. Now this is a true work of art and worthy of the name Masterpiece! HG/toynami claims that they're sorry excuse for a toy line to be just that? Trippin'! :rolleyes: Ki$$ my A$$ HG/toynami!!! Go back to the drawing board and spend more time there actually designing and not just making obvious cheap imitations of something that's already been done!! Honestly though, I waited a little over a year just to go from super happy & relieved that the wait was over & I finally recieved the damn thing. Still giddy I was everything but disappointed, that is until just after handling the thing for less than 10 min. or less & simply switching the valk or should I say "veritech" from fighter mode back into battloid mode to put it back in it's box that's when I noticed I had already broke my highly anticipated overdue $79.99+tax+s&H Ma$terpiece of $hit! :angry: I can't believe the so called designer/engineer & everyone involved with testing durability and inspect for any flaws with the prototypes especially involving functionality. Even after QA inspected the first batch of fully assembled MPC'S which were ready to be placed in it's packaging nobody seen anything wrong!? They were all givin' the thumbs up & green light to keep em' comin' down the assembly line. :blink: WTF! :angry::lol: QA=Quality Assurance. What I've recieved doesn't have any qualities! ;) If all they're gonna do is dissapoint everyone then they just need to stop everything for reals. I wouldn't be surprised if those mandatory positions in they're staff even existed. It's funny what people will do for Money. <_< What a joke! :angry: NOW THAT"$ $OME BULL A$$ $HIT! :angry::angry::angry::angry: My bad for jumping on another topic that's where my thoughts brought me. I'm just being honest bout' it mann + I had to get that outta' my system! The way I see it out of the 15,000 people who bought that first MPC I bet more than half if not all of them are disappointed and unsatisfied. HG/toynami's a fraud! They'd better come out with quality cyclones, beta's, etc. cuzZ They owe everything to the people involved in this scandal. Give the consumer what they paid for & especially the fan's what they want! B))

I wouldn't be surprised if iyou had to buy 6 millenium falcons, 10 X--Wings, 4 snowspeeders, and 2 Darth Vader Technic sets just to obtain those key pieces to make this Lego Konig Monster a reality.

Even if that's true I'd still do it. I'd give a pretty penny to get the directions for this. It's the best lego kit I think I've ever laid my eyes on. I just wish I knew how to contact the maker.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I wouldn't be surprised if iyou had to buy 6 millenium falcons, 10 X--Wings, 4 snowspeeders, and 2 Darth Vader Technic sets just to obtain those key pieces to make this Lego Konig Monster a reality.

Even if that's true I'd still do it. I'd give a pretty penny to get the directions for this. It's the best lego kit I think I've ever laid my eyes on. I just wish I know how to contact the maker.

Carl

Yeah... what he said. :p

But serious, I would also pay a pretty penny for the instructions. I agree with Carl, the monster is imo probably the best lego kit out there.

I dunno, but every time legos come up, it makes me sad that the pieces don't exist to make this baby work....

send MOC's to me then. i got part out the whazoo! :D

i'll finish it off, take some pics and send it to you....the pics that is. ;)

A lot of lego builders (myself included) are hands-on, and bad with L-Draw. L-draw is cool, but it's kinda hard to use, AND it's pretty hard to find those "new-pieces" in 3D. It's a lot easier to just buy the kits, and build from there...

It's funny, a couple of years ago I made this beautiful Blue transforming jets with white stripes...it was so cool. I used bricks for the wings (instead of plates) and so the whole thing looked smoother and cooler...man it was neat. Of course, after about a week I took it apart (without taking pictures). That's pretty much what a lot of people do, except for those dedicated people that find enough time to set up a little studio and take pictures...

Anyway, instructions are hard. L-Draw usually has only old pieces, so you either have to create the new ones in another 3D program, or find them somewhere else...which is usually (like I said) a bitch. Taking pictures of the step-by-step process is good, but that means you have to have enough balls to take apart something that you put your soul into, and know how to rebuild it. That monster, I would guess, probably took somewhere between 2-3 weeks, and that's if he put a lot of time into it every day (say 3-4 hours). If he worked on it occasionly, then it was probably somewhere between 2-3 months!

Ahem, sorry for babbling, hope that made sense... :lol:

Hello everyone, I'm responsible for the FoundryDX site so I thought I'd jump in here and add my two cents and maybe a nickel or a dime too.

- making instructions take forever if you want to do them right. You can use the programs out there but you'll find the results don't look very "lego-like". I expend a great amount of time trying to get them to look like something lego would do. Then there's the whole issue of needing to build parts in CAD which is a whole nother story altogether.

- it's easier to get a good selection of pieces now then it was say 5 years ago with the advent of Bricklink. I used to have to get my pieces from buying sets which is a very expensive way of building a collection. I recently weighed my lego collection because I had to ship it cross country. Came out to just over 400lbs.

- GlaGla's Koenig is seriously one of the best lego models I have ever seen. His work is always top notch. I actually started working on a variable koenig myself, we'll have to wait and see how it comes out.

I'm currently trying to get version 3 of my site done. It's about two months overdue but hopefully it'll be up and running before the end of march. The only new macross related model I'll definitely have is the Elintseeker.

I haven't mentioned this on any of the other forums but also as part of the site update I'll have a 5-lion Voltron model and the Knight of Gold from Five Star Stories.

P.S. Anyone know who sells the cheapest koenig? I need to get one as a reference for the lego version I'm building.