Soul Caliber II today!

Hoptimus

What Soul Caliber II verson are you buying?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What Soul Caliber II verson are you buying?

• Xbox with Spawn
    • PS2 with Heihachi
    • Gamecube with Link

Soul Caliber II hits my EB games today. I own all 3 of the new consoles but I am buying the Xbox one for the 720P support and I havent tried Spawn yet. I played Link and Heihachi when the Import ones came out a few months ago. Overall Heihachi I think is the weakest of the 3 "extra" charicters. Link I liked alot and I have heard good things about Spawn.

PS2. After logging hundreds of hours on the Tekken series, it's the only controller that feels right for fighters.

Though if I were to pick solely on graphics and playability, it would be the GC version.

Theres an adpater to use the Dual Shock with either the GC or the Xbox BTW.

PS2. After logging hundreds of hours on the Tekken series, it's the only controller that feels right for fighters.

Though if I were to pick solely on graphics and playability, it would be the GC version.

Theres an adpater to use the Dual Shock with either the GC or the Xbox BTW.

i would definitely get that dual shock adapter for my xbox

Definately picking up the Xbox version (although I have a PS2 as well) as I always do if a game is available for both systems. Being that I'm on my 2nd Playstation now and still my first Xbox I choose to give that platform my buisness when possible...

Definately picking up the Xbox version (although I have a PS2 as well) as I always do if a game is available for both systems. Being that I'm on my 2nd Playstation now and still my first Xbox I choose to give that platform my buisness when possible...

Agreed... but chosing between a lame super hero (Spawn) and the main character of one of my favorite games (link)..... its no contest at all.

And besides... I don't have composite Xbox cable yet... so progressive scan isn't really an issue or choice with me.

Already had the GameCube import. Link was well designed and of the three characters, he's the only one that possible fits (since he's a.) not from Earth and b.) is constantly reborn in various times). It's a shame they couldn't have used medieval Spawn, but he's both not as popular as Spawn and his license isn't in McFarlane's hands. I also think it would've been nice had Heihachi been his ancestor...so there could've been some historical feud between his family and Yoshimitsu's.

I may wind up picking up the X-Box version just to have a slightly prettier version (and have Lizardmen, etc unlocked in a stable way). Plus I hear some of the English dubbing is horrible, which is always fun. I personally want a Soul Calibur game where everyone speaks their native language and except for those from the same country and maybe a select few, everyone's response is basically "I didn't understand anything you just said! Die!" :D

Like Abombz, I'm picking up the Gamecube version for my favorite video game character. I kicked a lot of ass using his character in Super Smash Brothers, and now I'm gonna do the same with Soul Caliber II.

I gotta have the LINK baby! :D

If I'm not mistaken... the pad loses some of its features.... which ones.... I'm not sure.

Yeah, that's my fear. May as well bypass the whole headache, and save $15 at the same time by getting the PS2 version.

The only feature I'm sure it loses is the digital feature of the buttons.. and that isn't so bad.

I voted for Link because he fits with the combat theme of the game: sword fighting.

Spawn is kinda good, but should have went for Mideaval Spawn to make it fit.

Heihachi should not be the bonus fighter because he's a corperate boss and also, he fights with his fists. That's like fighting with a knife against a guy with a submachine gun, and who has that handicap. :lol:

Since I voted for Link, I have to buy a Gamecube to play. :(

I voted for Link because he fits with the combat theme of the game: sword fighting.

Spawn is kinda good, but should have went for Mideaval Spawn to make it fit.

Heihachi should not be the bonus fighter because he's a corperate boss and also, he fights with his fists. That's like fighting with a knife against a guy with a submachine gun, and who has that handicap. :lol:

Since I voted for Link, I have to buy a Gamecube to play. :(

I wonder what sort of alternate weapon Heihachi gets. :huh:

Went in and they're not getting it til tomorrow. :(

I got the GC one.

On the plus side, I do get that art book. I'm stoked about that.

Does the game come with an art book or is it one of those big fat ones you bought from a Japanese bookstore?

What's the lowest price you guys have seen for the game? I haven't seen anything less than $49.99. :(

Went in and they're not getting it til tomorrow. :(

I got the GC one.

On the plus side, I do get that art book. I'm stoked about that.

Does the game come with an art book or is it one of those big fat ones you bought from a Japanese bookstore?

What's the lowest price you guys have seen for the game? I haven't seen anything less than $49.99. :(

Its what you get for pre-ordering Soul Calibur.

When I get it I'm getting the PS2 version (GC Controller Stinks for Fighting Games), But thanks for the info on being able to use the dual shock 2 on my GC that may come in handy later. :ph34r:

Edited by NSJ23

Can someone confirm for me that Hwang's in the US version? I have the JP GC version, but Hwang's my fave character, so it'd be worth it to buy a US one. It was said he was in it long ago, but no one's talked about him quite a while. (All any site ever says is Spawn/Link/Heihachi).

PS--opinions accepted on any version, I have every system.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Hwang should be in it, he was in the arcade version. I own a XBox and a PS2, voted for the PS2 version cuz 1. I don't like Spawn.

2. Don't own a gamecube so can't have Link :(

I would've voted for Link. I'm a Xianghua player myself. Do you know who I miss Sophita and Seung Mina. Casandra is not a good replacement for Sophita.

No, Hwang wasn't in the arcade version, nor the JP release. There's "The guy who looks and fights like Hwang" but he's not Hwang.

And Sophitia is an easily unlockable character. (I KNOW she's there, I've played as her--she's got probably the best 3rd outfit of all, as opposed to Seung Mina, who has the all-time worst 3rd outfit of all time)

I'll get the Gamecube version for free cos I work for Nintendo France :lol::D:p but I will have to wait about 3 weeks :angry: