thought it was crap. Gore Verbinski's last 2 were just as bad but at least the visuals were amazing. Too many elements that had nothing to do with each other.

If the Fountain was so hard to find then how come all three parties had their own way to get there? I mean yeah gibs or whatever his name was got there through Jack's map, but it seems like that coulda happened anywhere at anytime.

This impresses me more than the movie though. 1/6 scale black pearl in a bottle. It's a scale down version of a scaled down version of the ship!

index1306294220.jpg

I can see the monkey!

Which 1/6 Jack Sparrow is considered the most accurate? I would like to find the one listed in the photo below, I didn't see the Black Pearl accessory listed in the contents on BBTS.

thought it was crap. Gore Verbinski's last 2 were just as bad but at least the visuals were amazing. Too many elements that had nothing to do with each other.

If the Fountain was so hard to find then how come all three parties had their own way to get there? I mean yeah gibs or whatever his name was got there through Jack's map, but it seems like that coulda happened anywhere at anytime.

This impresses me more than the movie though. 1/6 scale black pearl in a bottle. It's a scale down version of a scaled down version of the ship!

index1306294220.jpg

I can see the monkey!

Which 1/6 Jack Sparrow is considered the most accurate? I would like to find the one listed in the photo below, I didn't see the Black Pearl accessory listed in the contents on BBTS.

The newest version looks the most like Depp to me. It'll be the cheapest option for you as well since the older Jack figures go for crazy money these days (like many older Hot Toys figures). I'm pretty sure it comes with the Black Pearl in a bottle even though BBTS doesn't list it.

If it doesn't come with the bottle then it might be a Sideshow Exclusive. Sideshow imports some hot Toys stuff and they sometimes have an exclusive version that comes with an extra accessory. Like Superman will come with the green kryptonite chain from the first movie only from Sideshow (or you can get it from an HK Ebay auction). You should call BBTS and ask before you order. If they don't return your call, try cornerstore comics. Google their site.

If it doesn't come with the bottle then it might be a Sideshow Exclusive. Sideshow imports some hot Toys stuff and they sometimes have an exclusive version that comes with an extra accessory. Like Superman will come with the green kryptonite chain from the first movie only from Sideshow (or you can get it from an HK Ebay auction). You should call BBTS and ask before you order. If they don't return your call, try cornerstore comics. Google their site.

Sideshow lists the bottle as included in both versions of the figure. the exclusive version comes with the comedicly long telescope from the third movie.

Oooh. Though sailing ships have such complex rigging it's one of the few types of models I've never attempted.

Also--plastic sails suck. And there's no holes. Surely some enterprising company will come up with aftermarket "ripped" fabric sails.

Only $18 mil in third week of release. That makes it a good chance this will be the last POTC film (till they reboot it in 5 years of course).

They will still make a healthy profit - but declining revenue like that is not what a film studio wants to see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...