ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

What features are those? I kept that girl in the box...

Basically I like how you can have her hair up prim and proper or down over her shoulders. She all has a spare arm that's posed to rest in her lap. Mine is a later release that comes with a book she can hold along with her pen and a pair of glasses. The early release only had the pen. The last cool feature is her shoe can dangle off her toe for the pin up look. The shoe can also fit on her foot but its tight and can ruin the paint.

I really want to get the special so called chinese release. She has black hair and a red outfit.

As for BRS, trust me, when ou get your hands on it, you'll be spending hours posing it in different dynamic stances and positions. Since she's supposedly flight-capable, there are tons of great posing possibilities.

Got it today, and love it!

So glad Figma have returned to their awesome quality. My Mari and Asuka were off in paint and assembly.

But this BRS, is probably my favorite along with the orginal BRS, Aegis full armour and the Sigma. :)

Got it today, and love it!

So glad Figma have returned to their awesome quality. My Mari and Asuka were off in paint and assembly.

But this BRS, is probably my favorite along with the orginal BRS, Aegis full armour and the Sigma. :)

Yeah, QC issues can exist in any line. The extra chest part that came with my KOS-MOS had a bent blade thing, and it was right in the center of her chest. Good thing it wasn't essential to the fig.

Back on topic, BRS 2035 is going to even more awesome once she's displayed with that gorgeous bike. Dammit, MF, stop making us wait!

some of the figs a few you here have already

Fig4.jpg

My elf

My Favs...

Love the figs, Kicker.

Nice idea, displaying them with your DVD collection--or did you put them there just to take photos?

That white Cammy statue was available at my local hobby shop a while ago; should have bought it when I had the chance. Great looking statue.

Edited by GU-11

Its hard to try and put the figs with their respective animes.. especially the Patlabor Revoltech and Rurouni Kenshin stuff.. but hey.. here is a quick pick

Set1b.jpg

I couldn't put both Cammy's in the street fighter section since I have some other stuff on there... I had to put some figs on other sections of the shelves.. wife was nice enough to let me put other figs by her movies...lol

That is SWEET!

Mind if I ask what are those five black devices on top of the shelves?

They look like those old discgear CD cases that had a little slider in the lid that grabbed the disc you wanted. I haven't seen those things in years. Sometimes I really miss physical media and all the goofy crap that went with it.

Yep their my romdex filled with other goodies. =] the pic couldn't catch the bottom shelves...plus there are still some figs still in boxes laying around the office. Wife says it looks tacky but she won't let me buy another display case. She says the toys can't and shouldnt reach the living room =*[

Yep their my romdex filled with other goodies. =] the pic couldn't catch the bottom shelves...plus there are still some figs still in boxes laying around the office. Wife says it looks tacky but she won't let me buy another display case. She says the toys can't and shouldnt reach the living room =*[

But they're NOT toys! They're action figures, ya hear me?! Action fig--...wait, they're not action figures either. They're, um...statues.

They're tiny, half naked, plastic women.

They're HIGH END tiny, half naked, plastic women made by a reknowned Japanese artist. The "high end" and "reknowned Japanese artist" part should help convince Kicker's wife to let him set up a new figurine cabinet in the living room.

Women love artsy stuff in the living room.

Edited by GU-11

I already tried that angle. I even tried the I'll only display more adult (non ecchi) stuff in the living room like the hot toys but to no avail. I gotta keep them within the toy room limits. I already have my macros room so what ever realty space I have in the crafts/office room I try to squeeze as uch as I can, but I'm already at my limit considering I've been pushing for a display case for my pg gun dams and marvel bishoujo =*{

I guess I'm lucky my wife is into this stuff too, I've got Transformers, Starships, and Valks displayed all over the house. I love how when you come up to my front door you can see in the window over the door a row of Enterprises lined up like they are floating in the air, it's really cool at night when they look backlit from the living room.

They look like those old discgear CD cases that had a little slider in the lid that grabbed the disc you wanted. I haven't seen those things in years. Sometimes I really miss physical media and all the goofy crap that went with it.

myself, i have yet to leave physical media behind, and i'm quite certain i never will either... anyway, how's this for "goofy crap" ?

-the 1986 PIONEER "PD-M6" the very first consumer CD changer to ever hit market.

i have a copy myself, that sits by my PC as a decoration, as well as platform for my MACROSS collection;

PD-M6MACROSS-1-16-12.jpg

I already tried that angle. I even tried the I'll only display more adult (non ecchi) stuff in the living room like the hot toys but to no avail. I gotta keep them within the toy room limits. I already have my macros room so what ever realty space I have in the crafts/office room I try to squeeze as uch as I can, but I'm already at my limit considering I've been pushing for a display case for my pg gun dams and marvel bishoujo =*{

Heheh, I can see why she refused to budge on the living room. A whole dedicated Macross room, and some space in the home office...I've heard of some poor bastards who were only allowed the use of a single bookcase by their wives.

myself, i have yet to leave physical media behind, and i'm quite certain i never will either... anyway, how's this for "goofy crap" ?

-the 1986 PIONEER "PD-M6" the very first consumer CD changer to ever hit market.

i have a copy myself, that sits by my PC as a decoration, as well as platform for my MACROSS collection;

Wait, do you mean it's a CD player that features multiple disc changing, or that this thing simply dispenses different CD's? If you meant the former [most likely] it was pretty popular back in the day, thanks to the fact that VCD's required two discs or more to store just one movie.

Heheh, I can see why she refused to budge on the living room. A whole dedicated Macross room, and some space in the home office...I've heard of some poor bastards who were only allowed the use of a single bookcase by their wives.

Wait, do you mean it's a CD player that features multiple disc changing, or that this thing simply dispenses different CD's? If you meant the former [most likely] it was pretty popular back in the day, thanks to the fact that VCD's required two discs or more to store just one movie.

SIX-DISC MAGAZINE-TYPE multi-player.

PIONEER made a multitude of models, spanning a good 15-year period, (1985/2000)

and this PD-M6 was the very first;

PD-M6JOHN3.jpg

So, I was browsing through amazon and I stubled apon this:

http://www.amazon.com/Witchblade-Reina-Clone-Blade-Figure/dp/B000NN5PJK/ref=pd_ybh_2?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0P35PXWA272YKMN9R5PG

I mean, $36 shipped sounds way too cheap for a 1/7 figure, even if it is fairly old and really basic. But I haven't seen it for hugely more or any reports of KO's of this figure existing and even if it does turn out to be KO or just a crappy figure, it's only $36... not sure if I should go for it. :unsure:

So, I was browsing through amazon and I stubled apon this:

http://www.amazon.co...XWA272YKMN9R5PG

I mean, $36 shipped sounds way too cheap for a 1/7 figure, even if it is fairly old and really basic. But I haven't seen it for hugely more or any reports of KO's of this figure existing and even if it does turn out to be KO or just a crappy figure, it's only $36... not sure if I should go for it. :unsure:

$36 plus shipping sounds fair, even for a potential KO. I say go for it.

ha i have that figure.. =)

thanks for that site btw.. its so informative.. i was on it all night last night checking out other people's collection.. its freaking awesome.. i have a long way to go ..

For a while there, I wasn't sure if you were referring to anime52k8 or me, until I remembered linking that hobby site. :lol: In any case, you're welcome.

Yeah, a lot of these guys are hardcore HT collectors.

Funny thing, after a little more browsing I found that same figure I was asking about for even cheaper, $25 with free 2 day shipping (amazon prime free trial). they also had a Masane figure from the same company for 35 with free shipping so I went for both.

The Reina Figure turned out pretty damn good all thing's considered. it's not the best finished figure I've seen but it looks good on the self and it was $25 dollars. the Masane figure looks good for the most part but the paint work on the face is crap (i.e. no lip color, no shading and her eye's are aweful.) I might try touching it up myself, and in any event it's not too noticeable on the self.

Of course now I really want a better figure, and e2046.com has a pre-painted resin Masane (based of this figure: http://www.hlj.com/product/ORC60005 ) that looks really nice for about $160... :wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also happy because I got this on friday!

6868188931_23d8ddcfa6_z.jpg

Dendrobium Sisters Violet #3 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

6868186399_8b99cca354_z.jpg

Dendrobium Sisters Violet #1 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

she's so pretty, but now I think I need to pick up her sister: http://www.hlj.com/product/ymt34922

Edited by anime52k8

I started with one Figma four years ago. Now I'm up to 19, including two exclusives. The Ganz and the Aegis with armour. :(

They're addictive.

Fortunately the continous run of girls in school uniforms or summer walk wear doesn't appeal to me, or else there would be more.

The Robocop and Berserk are stunning. Cannot wait for the Griffin.

Still my favorite remains the Black Rock Shooter 2 from the game. :)

While we're on the topic of Figma, there's more BRS coming our way.

A recent 4-disc set was announced, most likely an 8 episode set of the sequel/continuation of the original BRS animation. Includes a bonus CD and a special BRS fig called Insane BRS. The price is 29,400 yen for Blu-ray, and 25,200 for DVD.

Here's a pic of said fig:

figma_03.jpg

Also coming up in Wonderfest 2012 Winter:

301.jpg

Yup, Black Rock Shooters up the wazoo.

Other highlights include a prototype of the BRS bike, T-elos [Xenosaga III], as well as an interesting looking fig I can't identify, called "Silver Crow."

303.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

316.jpg

And here's one for Fate/Zero fans:

334.jpg

Plenty more pics to be found at moeyo.com, FYI.

Edited by GU-11

• 3 weeks later...