ROBOT 魂 <SIDE VF>

GRAND CANNON

RD VF-25: 14.5 cm tall

Where did you get this size from? so far the intel we have suggests 125 mm, 12.5 cm...so it is 2 cm smaller than you suggest.

I'd be happier if it was around 15-20 cm...or 1/100, what's the "real" size of a Q-rea anyway? Liking the metallic sheen they applied, it's quite subtle yet it is there. Really think the VF100s look lame in the paintjob area.

Guest sh002

it looks like the konig is around 1/100 scale or is 1/100 scale and is slightly transformable or parts swappable. i might get it. what was wrong with yamato's version again?

damn if that qrea was 1/100 scale i'd definitely get it.

Where did you get this size from? so far the intel we have suggests 125 mm, 12.5 cm...so it is 2 cm smaller than you suggest.

I'd be happier if it was around 15-20 cm...or 1/100, what's the "real" size of a Q-rea anyway? Liking the metallic sheen they applied, it's quite subtle yet it is there. Really think the VF100s look lame in the paintjob area.

You know what, you are absolutely correct. I was messing about with my Alter Arbalest which is 14.5 cm tall, at the time of writing.

So to do my calculations again:

VF-25: 1590 cm

RD VF-25: 12.5 cm

Makes it 1/127.2 scale.

König Monster is 29.78 m in bomber mode and that would make the toy around ~23.4 cm long.

That size correlates more to the images, so I guess the <Side VF> stuff is actually in scale to each other.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by lechuck

You know what, you are absolutely correct. I was messing about with my Alter Arbalest which is 14.5 cm tall, at the time of writing.

So to do my calculations again:

VF-25: 1590 cm

RD VF-25: 12.5 cm

Makes it 1/127.2 scale.

König Monster is 29.78 m in bomber mode and that would make the toy around ~23.4 cm long.

That size correlates more to the images, so I guess the <Side VF> stuff is actually in scale to each other.

Sorry for the confusion.

GA Graphics says that all Side VF stuff will be in scale to each other. Specifically they'll be in scale in relation to the leading role mecha (ie. the VF-25).

The Konig Monster is awaiting final approval from the licensor (BW/Kawamori).

I like the VB-6 and all, but doesn't it seem like the feet are a little small relative to the torso? And the cannons arent quite as wide as I thought them to be.

Looks a little different from this

vb-6-konig-gerwalk.gif

02.jpg

Nevermind, some comparing between the pics and the RD VB-6 looks completely different. The frontal knees are completely different, and the hind portion is different too. The torso is indeed too big, and the cannons are too small and short. Even the side turbines on the torso are misplaced and too small. This can either be for the sake of Bandai's kid-friendly philosophy, or the necessity to make it transformable, but it sure as hell isn't accurate.

Ugh. Someone make a gerwalk only VB-6 or HWR already =/.

Edited by Cent

:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew somebody would come up with a lineart to model comparison and blast the crap out of the prototype/sample....just didn't know it would happen so quickly, in the same page!

The Q-rea, whatever its shortcomings, is still looking good! There are not open cockpit pictures this time!?

I don't know...

I don't know my Yamato Monster very well... I put it back into the box after a while (small living space...)...

But the prototype RD Monster above looks strikingly similar to the Y Monster to me.

I know we are talking about VB-6 all along and they should be similar... But it just looks THAT similar to me.

Its just as inaccurate as the Yammie VB-6. It may be more posable though... But you're probably trading off battroid mode for it. Regardless, the shuttle mode is alright, but I could care less about Battroid. However, gerwalk NEEDS TO BE DONE RIGHT. Forget everything else, and just make ACCURATE GERWALK. Done. Sold like hotcakes. In fact, I think I'd pay for just an accurate static pose 1/100 scale Konig in Gerwalk.

I have my Köenig next to me and proportion-wise, the Yamato seems to be better (I'd like to see some side shots to be sure because for what we've seen, the RD could be longer than the pics show).

Yamato's is a floppy mess and has those HUGE gaps at the wing roots, but lets bear in mind that it was taken from a garage model kit and turned into a toy. My biggest hope is that the Bandai version turns out more sturdy and locks together properly since it was conceived as a toy in the first place.

I like the VB-6 and all, but doesn't it seem like the feet are a little small relative to the torso? And the cannons arent quite as wide as I thought them to be.

Looks a little different from this

vb-6-konig-gerwalk.gif

02.jpg

Nevermind, some comparing between the pics and the RD VB-6 looks completely different. The frontal knees are completely different, and the hind portion is different too. The torso is indeed too big, and the cannons are too small and short. Even the side turbines on the torso are misplaced and too small. This can either be for the sake of Bandai's kid-friendly philosophy, or the necessity to make it transformable, but it sure as hell isn't accurate.

Ugh. Someone make a gerwalk only VB-6 or HWR already =/.

this isn't really a valid comparison though. the bandai VB-6 isn't based off the line art from the VF-X game. it's based off the CG model from frontier which has drastically different proportions from the original line art.

vb-6-konig-mf-multipleviews.gif

vb-6-konig-shuttle-mf.gif

The Monster is something I hoped Bandai would do, so I'm thrilled to see they're already doing it. I like how it is looking so far. I wont buy it if there isn't a battroid mode though, that's my favorite.

Show or game or whatever, the VB-6 they have here just doesn't look as imposing as I remember it to be. I'm passing on this one. I'd rather get a DX Macross Quarter if I want something that looks bad ass.

Y'know......out of all of the Toy Show coverage, you'd think someone would have a freakin' pic of the -25s and the Q-Rea for a comparison. <_<

**EDIT**

Of course, I find one after I post.......

Small and grainy but has all, or part, of the <SIDE VF>s in the view.

Not sure if the size between them is accurate, though......

public_diary0034900000006.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

from the picture above it seems the VF-25 and the Q-rea are the indeed around the same height, the cannon at the back protruding a bit over the "head" but overall the same fuselage height...making it a really tiny Q-rea!

From that side-on picture it looks like the Bandai VB-6 is a lot stumpier than the Yamato version. The cannons, arms, and main body are all shorter, length-wise.

The feet actually look a lot larger compared to the rest of the body than the Yamato version, with those proportions.

Better pic of the bunch:

l25.jpg

As far as the size between the Q-Rea and VF-25,

I've seen 15.5m for the VF-25's height and, although I haven't seen a height on the Q-Rea, the Q-Rau was shown at 16.75m.

Maybe they're not that far off........don't know.

CAD designs for the VB-6. looks like it will be 3 mode variable!

If the final product looks better than the yamato toy, I'm all over this!

Awesome, thank you for the pic! If this thing has tight joints and a sturdy construction it should blow Yamato's Monster out of the water.

And it damn well better have a Ranka Monster Girl decal, either tampo painted on or on a sticker sheet. :D

• 1 month later...