Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

So how would one go about doing that? I've tried but had no success. Are there steps posted online somewhere?

Short version: Firmware Hack

Long version: The exact method varies depending on the model of PSP you have. I don't know about the original fat PSP but the slim 2000 model requires a special 3rd party battery while the 3000 has a purely software hack.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/ to get started.

......ok this is ridiculous. I just beat chronicle final frontier with full health to get the max hp bonus score AND my best time yet with a 29100/30000 time bonus AND melee'd everything to death in part one for max "excellent" bonus and STILL only got an A grade with 150700 points. There's literally no where else to squeeze more points from! S seems pretty impossible at this point :wacko:

Short version: Firmware Hack

Long version: The exact method varies depending on the model of PSP you have. I don't know about the original fat PSP but the slim 2000 model requires a special 3rd party battery while the 3000 has a purely software hack.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/ to get started.

I already have that.

Seriously, I need some step-by-step instructions. Region spoofing via firmware hack does not work. I've tried a couple of programs to rip it but it won't read. So maybe I'm using the wrong programs or am just doing it wrong.

All I did was unlock them by getting S on certain missions, you can also buy them from the store as well. Unfortunately I am not too sure which missions are specific to the fast packs and armored packs but yes playing with the VF-25F with armored packs is all kinds of awesome.

Edited by kanedaestes

firmware 3.02OE

its old so not sure if it still works.

http://blog.dotshell.net/?p=202

After reading that... Isn't it like messing with the region in the recovery menu?

With that, wouldn't someone with the actual UMD and that setting in his/her recovery menu

(assuming he/she is using a CF) be able to play the disc and watch the stuff in it?

After reading that... Isn't it like messing with the region in the recovery menu?

With that, wouldn't someone with the actual UMD and that setting in his/her recovery menu

(assuming he/she is using a CF) be able to play the disc and watch the stuff in it?

I can say for a fact that region spoofing through the recovery menu doesn't work with 5.50 GEN-B.

Any other programs I try to use to rip the UMD Video (I've tried PSP Filer, UMD Rip, USB SSS, USB connection through the recovery menu) don't work as it can't read the disc.

I've got a US PSP-1001.

So I'm out of ideas. Don't suppose someone with a Region 2 PSP (can be Japan or Europe) would be willing to rip the UMD and post the videos?

Well I have a dazzle now and I'm going to be getting a JPN PSP2000 (video out) pretty soon hopefully. I don't know how long it will take but I should be able to use the dazzle and put the video in MP3/AVI/etc eventually. This should help everyone bypass the whole region deal without any problems.

I've tried two different methods to bypass the region lock before. One try was the recovery menu and the other was by modifying the files and I failed at both unfortunately. I'm not sure if I was just doing something wrong or not but when I was reading the various forums it seemed to be hit and miss. Keep in mind I was trying to spoof the US region as my fat is actually a JPN model.

Well I have a dazzle now and I'm going to be getting a JPN PSP2000 (video out) pretty soon hopefully. I don't know how long it will take but I should be able to use the dazzle and put the video in MP3/AVI/etc eventually. This should help everyone bypass the whole region deal without any problems.

I've tried two different methods to bypass the region lock before. One try was the recovery menu and the other was by modifying the files and I failed at both unfortunately. I'm not sure if I was just doing something wrong or not but when I was reading the various forums it seemed to be hit and miss. Keep in mind I was trying to spoof the US region as my fat is actually a JPN model.

Your JPN Phat should just work with the Limited Edition UMD video disc with no modification or region spoofing needed (the UMD is region 2 encoded which includes Japan). In theory, if you have custom firmware, you could use one of many programs to rip the disc and other PC software to convert the video to MP4 format.

Of course, if you don't have custom firmware, then I think the dazzle option is the only way to go.

What are the chances of seeing the Mospeada valks in a Macross game? With all the recent toys and stuff, I was hoping that maybe they'd sneak the Legioss/Tlead in at some point in time in a game, but nada that I can think of...

Considering they're not Valkyries at all, I'd say somewhere between 0 & never. Best bet would be some type of SRW game that incorperates both series.

Well, they are valkyrie like. Couldn't really think of the right word for them.

I think they're called ripoffs I'm not sure :p I can't remember

But yeah as stated there, why would a NON Macross item show up in a Macross game? That's like adding a carebear to a SM party.

So I ordered my copy from playasia and it supposedly arrived today. In the tracking info it said "met cust wom" "Delivered". After a brief lookup of the phrase I learned it means met customer woman. Unfortunately no woman lives at my house, no one was home when they say they delivered it, and the package is no where to be found. I checked with a few of my neighbors too. BLAH!!!!!

So I ordered my copy from playasia and it supposedly arrived today. In the tracking info it said "met cust wom" "Delivered". After a brief lookup of the phrase I learned it means met customer woman. Unfortunately no woman lives at my house, no one was home when they say they delivered it, and the package is no where to be found. I checked with a few of my neighbors too. BLAH!!!!!

Really weird. What kind of shipping did you pick? I picked the cheapest one, through the regular mail. It took awhile, but I did eventually get it.

But they are a part of a completely separate series that has nothing to do with Macross in anyway.

Funny thing... Orguss is more related to Macross than Mospeada... After all, Macross, Southern Cross and Orguss were the so called "Super Dimensional Trilogy" or whatever. That reminds me... I haven't finished watching Orguss... I liked that show...

Hey! Wasn't there an "Orguss Valkyrie" shown somewhere in animated form as a sort of in-joke?

If my memory doesn't fail me, it was in Do You Remember Love... But hey, it's been more than 7 years since I last saw it...

I think they're called ripoffs I'm not sure :p I can't remember

But yeah as stated there, why would a NON Macross item show up in a Macross game? That's like adding a carebear to a SM party.

Simple, same reason that Yoda is in games like Soul Calibur, just to draw extra buyers. To my knowledge, there have been no games that really had the Mospeada aircraft in them. A game like this, it would be EASY to just make the fighter models and add them in (assuming they secured the licenses). Then they could be the first to have a game like this including Mospeada aircraft. That would draw extra buyers to some extent. Not saying it would draw thousands or anything, but I'm sure a few people would go the extra mile to get this game if it had a few jets from other series mixed in as bonuses.

Simple, same reason that Yoda is in games like Soul Calibur, just to draw extra buyers. To my knowledge, there have been no games that really had the Mospeada aircraft in them. A game like this, it would be EASY to just make the fighter models and add them in (assuming they secured the licenses). Then they could be the first to have a game like this including Mospeada aircraft. That would draw extra buyers to some extent. Not saying it would draw thousands or anything, but I'm sure a few people would go the extra mile to get this game if it had a few jets from other series mixed in as bonuses.

I was gonna give you a chance to cop to it, but now I'm calling you out.

ADMIT IT, YOU JUST WANT A ROBOTECH GAME!

Edited by Keith

Funny thing... Orguss is more related to Macross than Mospeada... After all, Macross, Southern Cross and Orguss were the so called "Super Dimensional Trilogy" or whatever. That reminds me... I haven't finished watching Orguss... I liked that show...

Hey! Wasn't there an "Orguss Valkyrie" shown somewhere in animated form as a sort of in-joke?

If my memory doesn't fail me, it was in Do You Remember Love... But hey, it's been more than 7 years since I last saw it...

I'm actually suprised the Orguss Valkyrie didn't appear as a special unit, since they included a direct still shot of it (ep 27 Macross). Although they also included a still shot of the VF-19S & VF-17S with fast packs, so perhaps its a case of "we know it exists, maybe we'll include it next time."

I was gonna give you a chance to cop to it, but now I'm calling you out.

ADMIT IT, YOU JUST WANT A ROBOTECH GAME!

Nope, don't want another piece of poo like the two already out. I just love MAF and MUF and would love to play as an Alpha/Beta - Legioss/Tread combo. For now, I'll settle with owning stuff with the Ghost X-9 and flying the YF-19 around (love that valk). The Ghost is pretty overpowered in this game IMO, but oh so awesome for doing the hard missions.

What's the best mission to use to acquire shop points to buy stuff???

Well, there is none... That I have observed... The best way to reap in profits that I have used is the following:

For Tune Points (I may as well add this in case someone asks):

Unlock EX Mode by buying it from the shop (I still get a twitch each time Ranka says "kira").

Select the machine/character you want to develop (In my case, Klan with a fastpack).

Go look for a mission that shows an image of your selected mech (In my case, it was Diamond Crevasse and Biggest Carnival, one of the extra missions unlockable with a password).

Repeat until you have developed as much as you want.

There is also an auto skill you can set your support character to have and enjoy getting more Tune Points, with the drawback that you will get no Nyan Nyan points. The icon is a wrench. Still, this becomes available when your support character is quite developed, so you may want to go for the EX Mode.

For Nyan Nyan points, there is also a skill with the head of the Nyan Nyan character in the commercials. Kinda looks like a scribble of a little girl smiling. Luca Angeloni has this skill either very early or right from the start. Your support character will also have this skill with some leveling. In my case, I had Sheryl leveled up as she has a good repertoire of songs and is not annoying like Ranka and her youknowwhat hand gesture. Plus I started with the Frontier missions, so I got her relatively early in this file.

If you have a low level in the shop, and the EX Mode option hasn't appeared for sale in the Mode section, your best bet at the moment would be to level a decent machine from the story you like and go for the harder missions. Alto's VF-25F worked for me very well.

Hope that helps you somewhat. I babbled about how to get the tune points in case someone asks or asked before.

Well, there is none... That I have observed... The best way to reap in profits that I have used is the following:

For Tune Points (I may as well add this in case someone asks):

Unlock EX Mode by buying it from the shop (I still get a twitch each time Ranka says "kira").

Select the machine/character you want to develop (In my case, Klan with a fastpack).

Go look for a mission that shows an image of your selected mech (In my case, it was Diamond Crevasse and Biggest Carnival, one of the extra missions unlockable with a password).

Repeat until you have developed as much as you want.

There is also an auto skill you can set your support character to have and enjoy getting more Tune Points, with the drawback that you will get no Nyan Nyan points. The icon is a wrench. Still, this becomes available when your support character is quite developed, so you may want to go for the EX Mode.

For Nyan Nyan points, there is also a skill with the head of the Nyan Nyan character in the commercials. Kinda looks like a scribble of a little girl smiling. Luca Angeloni has this skill either very early or right from the start. Your support character will also have this skill with some leveling. In my case, I had Sheryl leveled up as she has a good repertoire of songs and is not annoying like Ranka and her youknowwhat hand gesture. Plus I started with the Frontier missions, so I got her relatively early in this file.

If you have a low level in the shop, and the EX Mode option hasn't appeared for sale in the Mode section, your best bet at the moment would be to level a decent machine from the story you like and go for the harder missions. Alto's VF-25F worked for me very well.

Hope that helps you somewhat. I babbled about how to get the tune points in case someone asks or asked before.

Thanks. I am at like lvl 12 or something, played every non-Chronicle Mission, and I'm out of Nyan Nyan points. Tuning points = slow to get too. I just want to unlock the "era" limiter so I can start beasting/owning all the missions with the Ghost X-9. Ex missions might be pretty fun too.

Nope, don't want another piece of poo like the two already out. I just love MAF and MUF and would love to play as an Alpha/Beta - Legioss/Tread combo. For now, I'll settle with owning stuff with the Ghost X-9 and flying the YF-19 around (love that valk). The Ghost is pretty overpowered in this game IMO, but oh so awesome for doing the hard missions.

How curious... I actually liked the engine of Battlecry... But the whole Robotech thing turned me down. Badly.

I really doubt it would be a sound decision to go the Soul Calibur way and start getting characters that have nothing to do in the universe you're messing with.

For starters, I don't think Big West and Tatsunoko are in very good terms, and if my memory serves me right, Tatsunoko owns Mospeada.

I think they also own Macross II... Can someone clarify this?

And talking about the "stick this into the game" thing, I really don't like it when companies put something that doesn't belong in a game universe, unless the whole topic of the game is a crossover like the Capcom VS Whatever series.

Why add Mospeada mechs? Quite honestly, they don't even look half as good as ANY Macross mech. And which would be the justification? In Macross II, it's a parallel universe. But it's still based in the Macross mythology, even if it's more of a sequel to the movie. Mospeada has nothing to do with it.

Funny thing, I watched Robotech when I was a little kid and held the series in high esteem. But with the advent of the internet in my house, I started digging info on it, and found out about the original versions and the part I liked best. Macross. Let's say Robotech fell from the pedestal I had it on... Especially with the thing about Harmony Gold and its blocking of all things Macross in this continent.

....But Macross quickly took its place... And I'm still growing fonder of the franchise.

Hey. Is it also true that due to HG and their holding of the Macross name over in the American continent (and who knows where else) it is illegal to IMPORT Macross related merchandise like these games? Because if it's true, I've broken the law FOUR times, starting with Macross M3, SDF Macross for the PS2 and these two beauties that are MAF and MUF. Don't quote me on that being true, though. I just read that rumor here in TEH INTERNETS, so it may very well be something completely baseless.

I repeat: IT IS A RUMOR I READ A LONG TIME AGO!!

Thanks. I am at like lvl 12 or something, played every non-Chronicle Mission, and I'm out of Nyan Nyan points. Tuning points = slow to get too. I just want to unlock the "era" limiter so I can start beasting/owning all the missions with the Ghost X-9. Ex missions might be pretty fun too.

Well, just so you don't end up disappointed in case you expect something different:

EX Missions are the exact same thing as the normal missions, only this time you have to use a specific mech or character. Let's say Diamond Crevasse, one of the Frontier missions. Before you unlock the EX mode, you play with anything on it and you get your Nyan Nyan points and Tune points. However, once you unlock EX mode and pick Klan with her fast pack, you get your Tune points multiplied by three. Plus "EX" at the right of the name of the mission when you finish it.

Of course, the better the rank you attain, the better the reward. This is especially true in the more difficult missions. This makes for an especially sweet way to level certain machines that initially suck due to low stats like Klan. She's pretty much a Queadluun with low HP, slow and no more weapons beyond the gunpod and missiles.

Once leveled up, she is quite formidable and much more fun to use.

What was called EX Missions in MAF are now the Chronicle Missions, but this time around, our Tune points can be used, so we can have a decent experience instead of the sometimes frustrating ones last time.

However, you might very well go for the era limiter off mode instead, since EX mode probably appears later... I didn't really pay ANY attention at all to the order of things appearing in the shop.

My best recommendation would be to put Luca as your support character and select the Nyan Nyan skill in the automatic section. That'd help you get more points for the shop... Bleh, did I make stuff more confusing for you? If I did, sorry. =P

Edited by CrazyMartian

For those who haven't experienced it yet. a fully leveled keonig Monsters is a BEAST! The VF-2SS leveled up is also a lot nicer than I expected. Though I don't remember it having bits (have to watch II again I guess), it's more sluggish than the VF-25's, but overall not a decent unit. Definately makes me want to see what would be done with the Metal Siren in this game, as well as the VF-2JA's. I'd expect the Metal Siren's super to be something akin to Kakizaki's skill.

Edited by Keith