Bandai VF-1S Focker ver. with modern justice!

sirhenk

Hey guys more scans from my little library!

Here's the old school Bandai VF-1S kit given the modern makeover. I'm sure a number of you own or owned this at one point in time. This modeller (Masaki Tanaka) did a pretty good job making the old sucker worth buying again.

Looks like he used Hasegawa wings and decals.

Geez this kit looks WAY better than the retarded looking VF-1S pictured in the manual lol.

bandaifocker1.jpg

bandaifocker2.jpg

bandaifocker3.jpg

bandaifocker4.jpg

happy building!

But in fighter mode, the chest plate still rides higher than the cockpit. The main reason why I can no longer acept this old kit.

Graham

yeah totally, but for some reason it gives the impression that it's been doing more benchpresses than it's hasegawa cousin, thus looking tougher if not more awkward haha

hey so is this just a kitbash,

or is it going to be the latest revision of bandai's product,

for retail soon?

it's the same old original bandai kit. bandai reissued a buncha their kits again earlier this year, they are easy to find. as for kitbashing it was rather minimal: looks like he borrowed Hasegawa wings, tire pockets, head, and decals... as far as i can see

Edited by sirhenk

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he is not using the c/pit portion in battroid mode, from what I recall it was all stuby?this one looks very stream lined. wonder if he reshaped it? looks cool in all modes though..way better than original..

Edited by orguss01

• 2 weeks later...

was wondering if anyone here figured out what parts were used to make this... i was going through my kits and found my old Bandai variable kit and a Hasegawa Fighter kit that is missing the clear cockpit canopy. do you think i would have enough parts to replicate this as a 1J ? thanks