Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

do i have to register if im gonna pay at the door?

I can go both days but i think saturday im gonna have to meet at LB instead of Frank n Sons...

Im currently driving a vespa until my Ninja funds are accumulated and driving from FnS to to LB on a scooter well...lets just say ill meet in LB lol

you can pay at the door. If I'm not stuck at work on Sat. I'll be happy to cram some of you dorks in my car to go to Franks. But I'll be there for sure at the poker game!!!

before anyone misunderstands...i wont have it streaming until a few days or possibly next day....so it wont be live...but i will be using a pretty good video recorder and when i have it up it will be up there indef ( or at least until that website idea finally takes fruition later this year)

The day has finally come!!! i hope everything goes as planned... for those attending Frank and Sons... we'll be meeting at the main entrance near the food vendors... See you at 12pm at frank and sons

and at 6pm at the Long Beach Arc!!!!

I wish I could be there, maybe next time! Maybe business will bring me in the area next time around! Enjoy guys and it will be great to see some pics! - MT

I'd like to thank the coordinators of the con for an excellent event. Unfortunately due to family commitments I had to miss the final evening events. The poker game on Saturday was great. Thank you for bearing with me constantly asking about the chip values.

I'd like to thank the coordinators of the con for an excellent event. Unfortunately due to family commitments I had to miss the final evening events. The poker game on Saturday was great. Thank you for bearing with me constantly asking about the chip values.

So who won the game?

they said it was bigkid24 again

i had fun at the con. met alot of members there. ryno is so funnier in person lol

the macross stuff on display were great

and thanks for the free shirt!

ill be back next year!

ill practice street fighter more this time, got schooled by kiririth hehehehe

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

they said it was bigkid24 again

i had fun at the con. met alot of members there. ryno is so funnier in person lol

the macross stuff on display were great

and thanks for the free shirt!

ill be back next year!

ill practice street fighter more this time, got schooled by kiririth hehehehe

Congrats to bigkids24!

Ryno and I chop it up off line and it would have been cool to meet him. I've already told my wife that Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I will be at next year's con so I am so there next year! Would have been cool to hook up with my Macross homie off line along with meeting other members and just shooting the $hit and hanging out for a couple of days. I'd like meet your lucky a$$ too VV. I'm surprised nothing has been posted saying that your were the lucky SOB to win the Mikimoto sketch! I promise I would not be surprised!

:lol:

OO

So I went at the last minute and met some of our members in person. It was cool to see some of the custom work, especially the diorama by Alex. The SMS Monster that EXO did was awesome too. There were lots of stuff for sale, but I didn't buy any.

Since this is my first MacrossCon, I didn't bring anything. Maybe I should have brought my paper airplane for the custom contest. ^_^ But there is always next year.

Deculture!

So I went at the last minute and met some of our members in person. It was cool to see some of the custom work, especially the diorama by Alex. The SMS Monster that EXO did was awesome too. There were lots of stuff for sale, but I didn't buy any.

Since this is my first MacrossCon, I didn't bring anything. Maybe I should have brought my paper airplane for the custom contest. ^_^ But there is always next year.

Deculture!

Lucky lucky you Ron! If nothing else, I would like to meet other fans since I only have a co-worker to gawk over Macross and other mecha goodness. We're both stoked about getting the diorama next week! I can not wait until next year!!!! Whew-hoo!!!!!!!!!!

^_^

OO

unfortunately i forgot to bring my cam. but there were alot of people who took pics

had to leave early too cuz i have friends that i have to meet. so no idea who won the sketch

macrossman.....ill see you at the next con.

unfortunately i forgot to bring my cam. but there were alot of people who took pics

had to leave early too cuz i have friends that i have to meet. so no idea who won the sketch

macrossman.....ill see you at the next con.

No doubt! You and I will be driving back to Vegas for a couple hours you lucky bastic!!!!

:lol:

OO

The weekend was a blast! Met a lot of new members. It was a pleasure to meet misterryno, Wes, Phil (GTAmacross), Pat Payne and see Agent GHQ, MEMO1DOMION again. Thanks again for the ride to see Dark Knight, MEMO. And thanks to kiririth for putting together one of the best MW cons ever! Yeah! :lol:

Edited by mechatek

RazorX... I don't think we got to meet. There were so many people there I didn't have the pleasure to meet everyone.

Thanks to everyone that attended. It was a really fun event. We had so much customs and give aways, the day went by really fast. JasonC's band, Booby Trap played really well. We had a little Ranka that did the Nyan Nyan dance for us. I hope someone will post who the 2 little kids were that came dressed up in Frontier Cosplay.

I brought my Frontier 1/100 Koenig Monster custom hoping to steal a prize but I was blindsided by people that had brought their wonderful customs. I thought I was gonna be the only one. Haha. I love seeing people's work and I'm glad that others stepped up to the plate.

Thanks to all the sponsors: AnimePunch, BigBadToyStore, HLJ, Overdrive, Otaku2, Valkyrie Exchange for their generous donations. A special thanks to our very own member, Save. Who worked really hard to make MWCon so enjoyable even though he's half a world away. It was a pleasure talking to you Adrian! Thanks for everything.

Thanks to Shawn and Graham for having this awesome forum for an awesome community.

And most of all. Thanks to Bee/kiririth for organizing such an event. He put together one hell of a Macross WorldCon. Our Annual events are really lucky to be organized by people that care so much about the Macross fandom year after year. I can't wait for next.

Next year we'll be looking for a new home. The Long Beach ARC was a great place to have it but we'll start looking for an even better place to outdo ourselves.

2009 is also Macrossworld's 10th Anniversary and we will be sure to not disappoint. So get your customs ready, beef up on that Macross Trivia, save up for that trip and trim down for that shirt because MacrossWorld 09 will be coming with a vengeance before you know it!!!

Awesome, all of what you said is wonderful. It's true Save has a huge big heart. Thanks Kiririth Thanks Shawn and G-Man! Thanks everyone!

Maybe i will be going next year.... were there any internationalists that went? what about previous cons? Anyone travel from far and abroad?

Hey guys, if people haven't seen i replied in shock in the Mikimoto Sketch thread here - http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...6851&st=100

about winning the prized sketch. :D *i'm still shocked!* Love you guys. Seriously rapped.. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yes fantastic Con. Kirith has done a great job taking on after me. I hope we can keep this momentum going. it sort of fizzled down at MWCon06 and I apologize for that but that is all in the past.

I was thinkin of making a recap thread. but I will post in here.

Exo we need the list of winners per contest. I dont remember who won what. Besides poker and customs contest.

I did manage to win the 1/55 transformation contest. I signed up at the last minute, thinking that at least it would be fun to see who is the fastest. and that was me haha.

the 1/55 transformation contest was set up with three 1/55s. one was set in battroid mode in an awkward position. the arms were rotated out to the side and then down. Any mistakes and you would be penalized with 3 secs added to your time. also when you set it down and say "STOP" you cannot touch the valk.

we ran it head to head. I got a 22+ sec transformation time, but one of the arms wasnt straight so I got 25+ secs. The only person closest to me was EternalD at 29+ secs with 6 secs of penalty.

Kirith and friend, Ricky, got into a little offensive transformation. Ricky tried to push and harass kirith while they were both transforming.

At the end Eternal D an I went head to head and I got 25+ secs with no mistakes. I won a $50 gift certificate from BBTS!!!! Thanks BBTS.

Edited by Solscud007

I'm sure Kiririth will post up the winners but here's what I remember off the top of my head:

Cosplay Contest - Shot Glass (Although due to the winners we renamed it a milk glass)

Michael and Ranka (Max and Miriya) They were the only people that cosplayed but I get the feeling they would have won even if there was competition.

Pre-reg Opportunity Drawing - Shot Glass

Gabe Q won out of all the pre-reg people. Pre-reg early next year peeps and win stuff!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Tournament - $50 BBTS gift certificate, GNU YF-21

snip312 won the tourney to receive the BBTS gift certificate...not that there was any doubt on any of the locals' minds. Bobe-Patt got 2nd due to his lucky draw in the tourney brackets...haha...to receive the GNU YF-21

Customs - 25th Anniversary VF-1S, Urban GBP, $50 BBTS gift certificate x 2

Rohby won with his amazing Minmay Guard Thunderhammer. He had more than 40% of the fan vote.

Kirirth won 2nd with his Special Happy Funtime Plush Valk which was completely handmade.

NightmareB4Macross won honorable mention with his valkyrie hangar.

hirohawa got honorable mention for his P51 Mustang Valk

Poker - 1/60 YF-21, 1/60 VF-0A, Popbox Max Jenius doll, Shot Glass, Frontier Poster

bigkid24 - I defended my title by sucking out on Lance. He had A9 suited and I had A2 off-suit. The blinds were pretty high and I thought he was making a move. I got lucky with a 2 on the turn to win with a pair of ducks. Sorry Lance!

Lance took 2nd after playing a solid game and dealing with being moved to the other table.

Maria - Eternal D's girlfriend, took 3rd after my repeated attempts at busting her out of the tourney

Eternal D - took 4th

>EXO< - took 5th

Mikimoto Sketch winner

ruskiiVFaussie - it's been posted in a few places so if you didn't already know then you haven't been reading

Other opportunity drawings - shot glasses, Frontier posters, vendor exclusive weathered YF-19

Not sure who won what but I'm pretty sure these were some of the winners

Major Tom

xstoys

snip312 x2

Gabe Q

bigkid24

All I remember is that snip312 won 2 shot glasses and I won the grand prize of the GNU YF-19. I swear it wasn't fixed!

Chunky Monkey transforming contest - $50 BBTS gift certificate

The early favorite was Mechatek after transforming the 1/55 in 17 seconds the night before. We added some rules so that for the final pose so that everything was standard. Solscud007 posted the best time in the prelims. In the finals against Eternal D, Solscud was a little slower but still won fairly easily and even gave out the secrets to his speed.

Unfortunately, we ran out of time for the Macross Plus video game tourney and the Macross trivia contest was just an epic fail! Wait no. It was EPIC FAIL!

Thanks to Kiririth for organizing the Con and for having the idea to have flyers at Anime Expo and to get sponsors for this year's prizes. I think this con was the best yet and was probably one of the largest as well.

Special thanks to all the sponsors. Please visit them and buy their stuff!

HLJ - http://www.hlj.com/

Overdrive - http://www.over-drive-inc.com/

Bigbadtoystore - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

Anime Punch - http://www.animepunch.com/catalog/

Otaku2 - http://www.otaku2.com/

Valkyrie-Exchange - http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/

Also a BIG thank you to Save for all the items he was able to acquire for the Con especially the Mikimoto sketch.

Thanks to all the event participants for bringing their stuff to show, sell, and for us regular folks to ooh and aah over.

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet very many people this year but it was great seeing so many new faces...and some old faces making a return.

If you guys have any feedback about the Con please post it so we can make next year's even better!

Hell yeah....the con was the BOMB!!! Thanks to all who organized the events and all that good stuff. This was my very first convention EVER and I was all to happy to have flown out just for the MW Con! Everyone I met was totally awesome (except for >EXO< :p )!!! If it were not for him I might have placed in the poker tourney. I came damn close though. Yo MacrossMan my Ballchinian brother...you absolutely need to make it out next year....I will be going every year from now on!!! Huge thanks to Agent GHQ for hooking me up with a ride and a place to stay for the night. You are the shiznit!!!

:ph34r:

EDIT-----> I will post my pics and video on my photobucket tonight and add a link.

Edited by misterryno