OK people, the new Macross Hub is up and running

Get Free

imacross 4 online

the imacross server faq is already pinned and does include how to connect with direct connect hub

if you run into problems, then you can always pm or email me or message under this thread

For e.g.:

Try to have at least 1kb of stuff under your share folder or you won't be able to connect to the imacross4 direct connect hub.

imacross 4 crashed from ATI video drivers.

I was just watching xfiles season 9 disc 1 first episode and all of a sudden I see a blue screen telling me that windows had to be shutdown and checked for errors.

Right now, my desktop computer is in the middle of scandisk for file errors.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Imacross 4 back online

:)

Edited by boinger

imacross 4 online

Last night at 2 am sentral standard time, a major electrical transformer blew somewhere in the city of Winnipeg and just about every electrical circuit blinked off for 2 seconds. Good thing that there's a power backup generator in St boniface hospital. But, my computer restarted itself and the dc hub was shutdown.

Now my main problem with my direct connect hub is that I am being banned by my own server for "connecting too often". Maybe it's the bcdc++ client that I"m using? I can't find a specific setting that makes the dc client reconnect to the server when a connection is dropped.

What a pain.

So, I think I'll have to try different dc hub and dc client softwares until I find something that works for me.

bye for now,

Patrick

imacross 4 offline

So, basically if I cannot find out how to connect to my own dc hub server then I will be shutting down the imacross4 dc hub and somebody else will have to run a dc hub.

I'm online as a client (and not an operator) with direct connect hub Megman

dc information:

megaman.gotdns.com:455

imacross4 dc hub online

surprisingly. :huh:

Somebody had been logging in with my macrossworld name and causing me to appear to connect too often to the dc hub. I suspect that is why I was getting temporarily banned. I made a password to register as an operator. I'm hoping that fixes that problem child.

my non operator handle is macronapnaut and I would appreciate that anyone else would use their own macrossworld name. thanks.

next time dc hub or client crashes, I'll upgrade to .674 bcdc++ and try out that different hub software.

see you on the imacross4 hub :)

PS

For those of you with 0 (zero) kb in their fileshare, you wil not be able to connect to the dc imacross4 hub. By software default, you have to have at least 1 kb of something to share. More stuff to share the better.

Edited by boinger

imacross4 offline

ftp server won't work either. "port 21 is already in use"

If you would like to connect to me, then use a direct connect client with this dc address:

megaman.gotdns.com:455

I'm going to work nights this week until Friday. That's all I can do for now.

imacross4 dc hub back online

Getting really fed up with neomodus dc hub. I'm trying ynhub dc hub software. Neomoduse 2.0 dc hub software didn't have any options to prevent all these ban and log in problems. Lots of checklists and stuff on this new software. Seems to be working fine right now.

logged in as boinger, but I'm not sure what the other 3 operator nickanames are good for.

imacross4 online

you have to be specific which port number for imacross4. imacross4.myftp.org by itself does not work.

To log onto imacross4 dc hub:

Go to favorite hubs,

copy and paste " imacross4.myftp.org:1411 " with your macrossworld name and optional password.

Hoping that works.

imacross4 online

, but for how long?

I just received an email from my isp, Shaw cable.

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Shaw Internet Customer

In order to provide all Shaw Internet customers with an optimal Internet experience we proactively assess our network. Through our analysis we have noticed that the level of activity on your Internet account is more than 30 to 50 times that of our average Internet user.

We would like to help identify the cause(s) of the heavy traffic that may be affecting your computer’s performance and most importantly your Internet experience. Often a file sharing program can be the cause of high amounts of traffic. Not only will this affect the flow of traffic on the Internet it also puts a major strain on your computer’s resources.

For more information about how large quantities of Internet traffic can adversely affect your online experience please click here:

------------------------------------------------------

The email sounds like Shaw cable thinks I'm having a problem with my computer from downloading too much stuff, which I don't. More and faster works fine for me; that's why I switched to cable.

I'll keep you guys posted on what this means. I have to make a phone call to shaw cable.

Actually, cable companies (like Comcast) are cracking down on high-bandwidth users. People who exceed a certain bandwidth (uploading as well as downloading) ceiling are looked at by the cable company. You can have your service suspended until you call them. It's their job to make sure that the network is running smoothly for everyone and not just 1 or 2 people. You may want to consider another venue for hosting iMacross-4.

You pay for a certain upload/download speed. As long as you don't exceed that (you can't really without hacking your cablemodem) I don't see what the issue is.

The fastest I can go is 400k down and 40k up, some days, that is being used to it's fullest for hours and hours. How can they tell me not to use something I pay for. I'd just ignore the e-mail.

You pay for a certain upload/download speed. As long as you don't exceed that (you can't really without hacking your cablemodem) I don't see what the issue is.

The fastest I can go is 400k down and 40k up, some days, that is being used to it's fullest for hours and hours. How can they tell me not to use something I pay for. I'd just ignore the e-mail.

This started about a year ago. Many cable companies were finding that they had a few users that they considered to be "problems." Many of them modified their Terms of Service agreements at that time so that they actually are allowed to "discipline" customers who "over-use" their services.

Yes, it's lame, but if it's part of the TOS that you signed, you're SOL.

But, I too would ignore the email until they shut me off.

H

You pay for a certain upload/download speed.  As long as you don't exceed that (you can't really without hacking your cablemodem) I don't see what the issue is. 

The fastest I can go is 400k down and 40k up, some days, that is being used to it's fullest for hours and hours.  How can they tell me not to use something I pay for.  I'd just ignore the e-mail.

This started about a year ago. Many cable companies were finding that they had a few users that they considered to be "problems." Many of them modified their Terms of Service agreements at that time so that they actually are allowed to "discipline" customers who "over-use" their services.

Yes, it's lame, but if it's part of the TOS that you signed, you're SOL.

But, I too would ignore the email until they shut me off.

H

It isn't about speed as it is the data traveling around their network. If the amount of data travelling in their network is high and constant all the time, they will look at you.

Also, there should be a clause in the TOS (Terms of Service) you signed that says that they can and will modify the TOS at anytime. This is why people say, read the fine print. Read the TOS/EULA. You are getting what you paid for. But you need to remember that you signed a TOS when you paid for their service.

Ignore it for now, but if they send it to you again, they'll probably terminate your service until you call them.

imacross4 onine

okay, I'll just ignore Shaw cable for now.

Doesn't quite make sense to me that they're charging by bandwidth and speed. If my speed was constant for a whole month, then it would be impossible to download above a the gigabyte restriction. It's like shaw cable wants to charge me for a faster connection, but they don't want me to use it.

"Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitation

You must comply with the current bandwidth, data storage and other limitations on the Services.

Users must ensure that their activity does not improperly restrict, inhibit or degrade any other customer’s use of the Services, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Shaw) an unusually large burden on the network itself, such as, but not limited to, peer to peer file sharing programs, serving streaming video or audio, mail, http, ftp, irc, dhcp servers, and multi-user interactive forums. The guidelines for Bandwidth Usage/month for each service package are the following: Shaw High-Speed (with Xtreme-I) - 50 GigaByte; SOHO - 50 GigaByte; Professional - 70 GigaByte; Business - 100 GigaByte (combined download and upload). Business services which are combined with the Xtreme-I upgrade retain the stated Bandwidth Usage/month guidelines. The guidelines for acceptable web site traffic include 2 GigaByte/month for SOHO, Professional, and Business hosting packages. Residential Shaw High Speed and High Speed Lite services do not have specific guidelines of this nature as the Service is not intended for business applications. Shaw reserves the right to set specific limits for Bandwidth Usage and charge for excessive Bandwidth Usage for residential Services at any time. In addition, users must ensure that their activity does not improperly restrict, disrupt, inhibit, degrade or impede Shaw’s ability to deliver the Services and monitor the Services, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services."

imacross4 online

I had to change the port forwarding number to 411 because dc hub ynhub software changes the port number every once in a while.

log on with

imacross4.myftp.org:411

I know Strong DC++ allows limiting of upload speeds, as I once used it precisely for that. I stopped since some huns ban use of such things. The DC system is great, but some hubs put on some ridiculous restrictions. I tend to join multiple hubs, so it's all in finding the right balance.

http://strongdc.berlios.de/index.php?lang=eng

I'll have to try this hub. B))

imscross4 offline

"connection refused by target machine"

I tried resetting my modem. Doublechecked my ynhub software settings for changes and I can't figure out why I can't connect to my own hub, but at the same time connect to megaman.gotdns.com:455 with no problems.

I can't figure why I can stay connected for 4 days and then the hub software resets 3 times in 2 hours and then completely shuts downm even though the hub software says it's online.

Time to look for another dc hub software.

Hi boinger,

Shaw cable really sucks. They won't tell you there actually is a bandwidth usagelimit on the advertisement. I got suspensed for a week for using too much bandwidth. The only reason I'm upgrading to the higher speed package is I got more bandwidth. I found that the speed doesn't change much though.

It's like shaw cable wants to charge me for a faster connection, but they don't want me to use it.

Rogers has begun implememting a similar kind of "scare tactic". Their bandwith limit is set at 60Gb. While that would have been an enormous amount five years ago, today, that's nothing. It's like you say, they want you to pay extra for high speed, but only want you to websurf: yep, $45 a month, but it should only used it to make webpages load 5 seconds faster and not use it for anything else.

I've found that I've been reducing my bandwith usage since this new limit was set in place, but I think that has more to do with my fiancee paying the cable bill. I just don't want to risk her wrath. :ph34r:

Edited by The Shade

imacross4 hub supposedly online

I am unable to connect to my own hub. "connection refused by target machine"

If anybody has been able to log on right now, then could you tell me which client you are using?

Currently, I am using bcdc++ .674b, which works for the comic hubs I'm currenly on right now, but not with ynhub software.

Imacross4 hub online, but i'm not.

Not able to connect to my own dc hub no matter what DC client I use.

"connection refused by target machine"

I have forwarded the ports for the dc client and the dc hub, so both are working. I am able to connect to other dc hubs and my imacross dc hub is working. Just not working for me. :(

I'll keep working at it. One day everything was working and then I was disconnected from my own hub without changing any of the dc hub or client settings. I've tried 5 different versions of the dc client and no go.

Hmm... totally clueless here... Trying to connect but not getting any errors or anything... I'm using the Mac DC client, so that might be part of it (doesn't seem to have much in the way of useful error messages). I have made sure to share some of my folders, so I don't know what could be going on.

imacross4 hub online

I'm not connected just now beacuse i'm on 7-10 days probation from Shaw cable.

Shaw cable disconnected my cable modem for the last 2 days for excessive bandwidth usage. I was number 4 out of 85000 for the last month. over half of the bandwidht usage they count is uploading: 80 gb download and 200+ upload.

Oops. I just leave my filesharing online all the time while working, lost track.

Shaw cable suggested using shareaza, netlimiter and newsgroups rather than bittorrent or direct connect. I can run the direct connect hub, but now I really have to watch how much people are uploading from me. That's really annoying.

I found out that my isp number changed, so my dc client settings needed to be changed as well, and then I was able to connect to my dc hub.

And my external hard drive is shutting off by itself 4 times in the last 3 days, so I'm backing up as much files as I can before the hard drive fails. I've lost over 10 gb of comics so far.

You can still connect to the dc hub and trade files. For the the next week, I'll just check occasionally how everything is running.

imacross 4 online

I was having trouble connecting because my ip number was reset by shaw cable. So, I had fiddle with port forwarding settings to connect through my router.

Try passive connection or active connection.

• 1 month later...