Queadluun Rau Yamato

Robowang

Yea, the 2nd release of the 1/60 millia Queadluun did not come with her.

Awesome, quick question, were there any reports of Yamato releases of Miria not coming with a figure, because i bought one over the weekend at MWCon and it was sealed, took it home.. and no figure =(

Having gotten a Q-R with the figure, I have to say I was disappointed in the figure... it can't stand on its own because of the way they molded her feet (pointy-toed like a ballerina) and is definitely not pose-able. So all she does is sit inside the cockpit (or I guess you can have her lying prone on the ground)

In otherwords, don't feel too bad, you're not missing out on too much.

Edited by bhchan

Having gotten a Q-R with the figure, I have to say I was disappointed in the figure... it can't stand on its own because of the way they molded her feet (pointy-toed like a ballerina) and is definitely not pose-able. So all she does is sit inside the cockpit (or I guess you can have her lying prone on the ground)

This toy was made at the time of the v1 VF-1's, so the engineering was very limited, can't ask much of this toy. I did find lazy from Yamato when they reissued this without any improvement at all, not even the box, although this old Q-Rau has been reinvigorated by some great Shapeways mods from Kurisama.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Actually, I believe the Q-Rau came out a couple years after the 1/48 VF-1's had come out rather than the v1 1/60's. But, yeah the engineering still wasn't very good. I found the leg articulation to be pretty poor in particular. In the looks department, I think it still holds up though. It just felt cheap and loose when actually handling it.

haha yeah i looked at the photos since trying to figure out why that was. I bought this for my brother because i bought him the miria 639 set, so he can have them stand up heh

• 6 months later...

it would be interesting if Arcadia could re tool this Queadluum figure to this new era of valkyries....

if they did a V2, i'd get it...especially if they went for the SDFM version (kurisama did some very nice upgrades btw to convert dyrl to sdfm). give it some more articulation, better balance (it needs heavier legs with the upper body so massive the weight distribution is off), and some nicer detailing. i mean i tin kthe old one still loks pretty good but thye could do better...IF and it sa big if they thought the demand was there to justify the business case. the q-rau is one of my favorite techno organic looking mech designs. i hope it happens but i'm not holding my breath. i mean bandai never even made a dx chogokin for the frontier line Q-Rare (a very similar design) so...

Sweet holy crap! I have never owned one of these until today...I got the DYRL Milia 639 red Queadluun Rau mecha and OH MY GOSH this thing is one of the coolest toys I have ever owned. I had no idea the figure included was the same size as the CMS figures, nor that the whole thing was this BIG.

So is this why the CMS Zentraedi outfit Max figure is leaning back in that pose a little bit? Does he actually fit in the blue version of this mecha? Or does that one come with a Max figure?

Now I just gotta find a Bandai 1/55 DYRL Valkyrie in Max colors to go up against this baby!

Also, it looks really nice on display with the old Matchbox Robotech Battlepod and Officer Pod.

I still have mine but I am not happy at how it can barely stand up. It's really more because of the design of this mech with the big backpack.

Looks cool if you just stand it against the wall to support its back though. And it's 1/60 so it goes well with the v2/160 vf-1.

I wonder why arcadia won't revisit enemy mecha? No variable glaug. Or macross 7 enemies. Nobody like the alien mechs? To me the alies seem a lot more sophisticated in their body design. When you contrast zentradi mechs with human destroids you will see what I mean.

While the humans like boxy ltank-looking robots, the aliens prefer the smoother and more curvy look. (similar to the hardsuits in bubble gum crisis) Maybe they don't fly as well in atmosphere to valks which are based on real aircraft but they are a space fighting aliens so that's why I like their mecha still. The circular look of the regult is one example. A rounder shape has stronger structure than a boxy shape as the rounded frame support itself from impact at all sides in 3d dimension. In space you will be bumping in to things from all angles as you slide all over the place. All zentradi mecha imo have a more robust design structurally.

Look at VF-4. Nice in an atmosphere but it's pointy and stuff. No curves. Looks like it would snap in half easily. Variable glaug would probably kick its butt at close range unless you are Max piloting it. Probably snap it with its claws. Come one you saw what happened in SDFM when Britai ripped a VF-1 chestplate off merely with his bare hands when trying to catch hikaru? It makes the human craft look fragile. Now imagine what a zentradi power armour would do?

Do I need to convince you any further why Arcadia should being making variable glaug immediately? thought not. hopefully they decide on this one day along with VF-2SS. *drool*

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The enemy imo seem to get neglected from mac 7. Maybe if they did limited release like the vf-4?

Whenever I have a display I always like to have the bad guy and good guy face off against each other rather than a group of good guys standing together. It's just more interesting to me. (ie tells a story)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I needs me a Nousjadeul or Renegade Power armour.

I thought you were on that, K! What the hell?! ;)

Someday, when Shapeways has a good coupon or sale, I've really gotta pick up some of your mods. Just too pricey for me now. And I still have no hobby spot.