1/48 Fast Pack boosters won't stay up in battroid

ychanus

I just got the VT-1 super O and 1/48 FP set today from TMPanime :) .

In battroid mode, because of the added weight of the Fast Pack boosters, both VT-1 and 1/48 FP just won't stay up.. I already heard about the floppy backpack problem in VT-1, but I can't believe that even the high quality 1/48 also have this problem. And yes, I have tried using the arm from the back hatch to secure the backpack. However, the backpack with the added weight from the fast pack pulls my whole back hatch down.

Anybody know of any fix? or suggestion??

real bummer!!! :angry:

For VT-1 Super O, I just figure out how to keep the fast pack up. The back pack slider arm has to lock all the way "into" the backpack, and it will lock together tightly.

As for 1/48 FP, I still don't have a clue.

Okay, I don't even know how to explain this wihtout showing pictures.

Did you make sure the backpack hatch is DEPRESSED underneath the 2 small locking tabs ? If the hatch is just lying flat to the back, then you've got it wrong. There's 2 little tab like fins on the back. One is part of the hatch, and one is on that little swinging piece of plastic. Make sure the swinging one is all the way down and not poking through the hole in the backpatch hatch, then depress the hatch PAST the level of the rest of the back and lock it into place underneat the two tabs on the right and left sides.

For VT-1 Super O, I just figure out how to keep the fast pack up. The back pack slider arm has to lock all the way "into" the backpack, and it will lock together tightly.

Did you make sure the backpack hatch is DEPRESSED underneath the 2 small locking tabs ? If the hatch is just lying flat to the back, then you've got it wrong. There's 2 little tab like fins on the back. One is part of the hatch, and one is on that little swinging piece of plastic. Make sure the swinging one is all the way down and not poking through the hole in the backpatch hatch, then depress the hatch PAST the level of the rest of the back and lock it into place underneat the two tabs on the right and left sides.

so that's why my Low Vis looks funny without the FP's there...i forgot to fully snap it together!

Dude I totally missed that feature, I guess until it was kinda not needed but with the fast pack out I am happy to know bout it.

:blink: I never knew my 1/48's could do that.......cool.

Thanks imode :)

Thanks imode :)

Now you know! and knowing is half the battle.

Whats the other half?

Killing those Mother F#$@*ing commie bastards :lol:

Ohh.. I see.   I missed that two tabs completely.
Dude I totally missed that feature...

You guys really need to calm down when going through the "How to Transform" instruction booklet. ;)

:blink: There's a "booklet"????!!!! :lol:

I didn't have to push the back plate in to make the fast packs to stay up. That is what the little back neck piece is for. You use it and the little clip hook to hold the FP mount in place.

Merrell

There's that too. I have absolutely no idea how it is used since I own no fastpacks (yet... come on Kev, I'm dying here!), but depressing the backplate is the true transformation and it also helps keep the profile looking nice by having the backpack lie completely flat to the back. Unfortunately, the tabs that they have in place aren't the best fitting and the natural pull of the backpack wanting to "pop out" is enough to dislodge the hatch from the two tabs. All of my 1/48's show some sign of "poppage" except for one of my low viz's. Hopefully that extra piece they included will alleviate the problem somehow.

I'm suprised there aren't too many pictures of the 1/48 Fast Packs going around these forums. When I get my 2 sets in I'll probably take a couple of shots for you guys. B)

Anyone have pics? :ph34r:

I'm suprised there aren't too many pictures of the 1/48 Fast Packs going around these forums. When I get my 2 sets in I'll probably take a couple of shots for you guys. B)

Anyone have pics? :ph34r:

What he said. Anyone have pics of the low vis with fast-packs? :blink:

I'm suprised there aren't too many pictures of the 1/48 Fast Packs going around these forums. When I get my 2 sets in I'll probably take a couple of shots for you guys.  B)

Anyone have pics?  :ph34r:

What he said. Anyone have pics of the low vis with fast-packs? :blink:

Low Vis

post-4-1063253195_thumb.jpg

Wow, :o THAT is a collection. 8 1/48, 8 FAST Packs. Won't even bother counting the 1/60s. B) EDIT: Oh yeah, close your Low-Viz knee armor. ;)

Edited by Uxi

i got a question about the fast packs(dont have mine yet,but soon) but if you snap the back hatch in to the back and put the hook over the back pack do you still need to put on the extra support piece that comes with the fast packs to make the boosters stay up?

i got a question about the fast packs(dont have mine yet,but soon) but if you snap the back hatch in to the back and put the hook over the back pack do you still need to put on the extra support piece that comes with the fast packs to make the boosters stay up?

If it is in Battroid mode, HELL YES!!