MPC Prime

Etrigan

I'd thought I'd revive this thread for a single purpose.

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?TAK08230

Stop staring and PREORDER him!

I've got mine!

Sorry to go kinda OT but I haven't bought from HLJ in more than a year. I know they've changed their shipping options within the last several months, I'm probably gonna pick up my MPC Prime from HLJ. What's the best shipping option when ordering from HLJ (since they've stopped using UPS)? :ph34r::ph34r:

EMS is the fastest, more reliable way to get your item. You pay for that convenience though.

With SAL you kind of roll the dice. I haven't trusted it enough to try it, and I still remember when they had UPS, they advised against using SAL. Some people get their stuff pretty quick, others after a few weeks. And there is no way to track it.

There is still Tam and Kevin, too, hopefully they get their preorders up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa....I guess the television transformation truely was "anime magic". Is that supposed to be a switch on the backpack? I also hope this is shots of a prototype version b/c the paint job makes it seem that way.

B) pics though.

Looks to be a proto or testshot of Hasbro's version of the molds because the smokestacks seem to be on the short end and as whole looks way too plasticy.

The prototypes are on ebay right now and it's standing right next to the first prototypes. And god those smokestacks are small!!! damn you hasbro for making prime less than what he should be!! :p:D:lol:

Prime auction

damn you hasbro for making prime less than what he should be!! :p:D:lol:

I guess this means I'll be staying away from the US release (if that's the case with the short smokestacks.....jeez you think they could dumb down our favorite Autobot any more?), HLJ.com here I come! B)

BTW....what's the difference between the prototype and testtype in that auction? ;)

damn you hasbro for making prime less than what he should be!!  :p  :D  :lol:

I guess this means I'll be staying away from the US release (if that's the case with the short smokestacks.....jeez you think they could dumb down our favorite Autobot any more?), HLJ.com here I come! B)

BTW....what's the difference between the prototype and testtype in that auction? ;)

I actually would buy the american release, but only if it's cheap. I'm not paying 90 bucks for a lower quality prime when I can buy a higher quality one for the same price! I'll wait and see how much the american one will really be. :p:D:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

That just scares / shocks me. I always thought he would have like a speaker behind there. Time for me to repeat strongbad.

do you take off your face and hands before you go to bed? And if so, are you some kind of robot? And if so, what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for good, or for awesome

Was that the japanese version or the american one? Either way I'm not taking the faceplate off.

Just a little extra info in case anyone cares. The Hasbro version will NOT have short stacks. It will have the same size smokestacks as the Takara version as well as the same amount of die-cast. The only difference: Takara Version = Minty, pristine Prime. Hasbro = Battle-Damaged (or as I like to affectionately call him "Smudgy") Prime. That and you already know about the weird mouth thing... :unsure:

Just a little extra info in case anyone cares. The Hasbro version will NOT have short stacks. It will have the same size smokestacks as the Takara version as well as the same amount of die-cast. The only difference: Takara Version = Minty, pristine Prime. Hasbro = Battle-Damaged (or as I like to affectionately call him "Smudgy") Prime. That and you already know about the weird mouth thing... :unsure:

so only the american version has the mouth?

Just a little extra info in case anyone cares.  The Hasbro version will NOT have short stacks.  It will have the same size smokestacks as the Takara version as well as the same amount of die-cast.  The only difference:  Takara Version = Minty, pristine Prime.  Hasbro =  Battle-Damaged (or as I like to affectionately call him "Smudgy") Prime.  That and you already know about the weird mouth thing...  :unsure:

so only the american version has the mouth?

As far as I know, both versions have the mouth under the faceplate? Why? :huh: I have no clue! But, you don't have to remove it...So, if like me you find it a little silly...then leave it on. Also forgot to mention that the faceplate moves up and down. Oh, and supposedly the Matrix also opens (in addition to lighting up via LED) Neat touches I suppose, but I could've done without them. Still can't wait to get this toy though!

Speaking of TF's, did anyone pick up the TF Genesis art book that was released this week. If so, what think?

Thanks,

Melissa

if you keep telling me not to remove it... gues what? I'm gonna remove it. I'm such a sucker for suggestive reverse psychology.

DON'T THINK OF THE COLOR ORANGE

Doh! :angry:

:D

if you keep telling me not to remove it... gues what? I'm gonna remove it. I'm such a sucker for suggestive reverse psychology.

Doh! :angry:

:D

LOL. Yeah over at TBDX and some other trans fans say this ruins the toy. Well I'm not sure how much this detail adds, but considering you don't have to ever remove it then I don't see how it takes away. Only way it would be bad is if it keeps falling off like the 1/48 nose cone and flaps.

Ehh. Hasbro said "It is our goal" to have the stacks the same as the JP version. That's their way of saying "if they don't pass the safety test, at least we tried".

It's like how stuff is advertised *may* *help* prevent gingivitis/leprosy/bankruptcy.

Hasbro didn't say "it WILL have long stacks" they said they'll try.

Now, why give such a roundabout answer, when a simple yes or no would suffice? If they were definitely going to be long, they'd just say "they'll be the same length". Regarding diecast content, they flat out said Prime would have it, and Alternators would not. But on the stack issue, they skirted around the question. Not a good sign.

"It is our intention that the Masterpiece VF-1's will have a large amount of diecast and excellent paint jobs" :p

How can you be sure of that ???

Just a little extra info in case anyone cares.  The Hasbro version will NOT have short stacks.  It will have the same size smokestacks as the Takara version as well as the same amount of die-cast.  The only difference:  Takara Version = Minty, pristine Prime.  Hasbro =  Battle-Damaged (or as I like to affectionately call him "Smudgy") Prime.  That and you already know about the weird mouth thing...  :unsure:

How can you be sure of that ???

Like David pointed out, I'm NOT sure about the smokestacks. Check out the statement (Q & A) from Transformers.com (the official Hasbro Transformers website) :

Q: Will 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime's smoke stacks be shorter than the Japanese Takara "Masterpiece" Prime?

A: It is our goal for the U.S. Optimus Prime's smoke stacks to be identical to those on the Japanese version.

Doesn't exactly sound like the promise I was led to believe it was. More like skirting the issue. As David pointed out, the same site that skirted around the Hasbro Prime smokestack size has definetively stated this about the Takara Binalteach/Hasbro Alternators line:

Q: Will Alternators in the US will be part metal like the Binaltech versions by Takara?

A: We feel very strongly about making this Transformers Alternators line very affordable. Consequently, the cars released in the U.S. will not have metal parts.

Make of it what you will but notice this; No if, ands, or buts in the second statement. So seems like we can't count on the same size smokestacks yet. <_<

But, my statement about the battle-damaged Hasbro version and the Show-Room clean Takara version comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Q: Is it true that the U. S. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime will have "battle damage" deco while the Takara version will not?

A: Yes, the U. S. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime will have "battle damage" deco

Personally, I'll be getting the Takara version and NOT the burnt, possibly-neutered Hasbro Prime. B)

ok :D thanks for the information . I'll buy the Japanese Prime and BT :lol:

though not MP prime related I just had to post this

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/200...w/nissan-nails/

Looks like a certain cranky TF we all love doesn't it?

Kup! :lol: There's yet another great idea for a Binaltech!

only problem is its small. Its only a one seater vehicle.

...and it looks like it was designed by Fisher*Price.

though not MP prime related I just had to post this

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/200...w/nissan-nails/

Looks like a certain cranky TF we all love doesn't it?

Kup! :lol: There's yet another great idea for a Binaltech!

only problem is its small. Its only a one seater vehicle.

...and it looks like it was designed by Fisher*Price.

doesn't change the fact it looks like kup ;):rolleyes:

here is an example of a time we see primes mouth. Geeze He looks fugged up.

Hey that's not the G1 Optimus Prime we love. That's "Powermaster" Optimus Prime. :p

I'll still get the Takara released one just because it's a certainty that the smokestacks won't be neutered.

TF:Genesis book. Waiting on my pre-order from Amazon.