MPC Prime

Etrigan

From the cover of November's Toyfare, a production sample of Masterpiece Prime. Holding Megatron, no less.

I think it looks perfect.

Click, or..

TF75-prime.gif

hey what was in the 100 most valuable toy list?

also look at what a prototype went for on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...tegory=753&rd=1

I must say that painted up this Prime looks tight! I was exited by the protos but this clinches it for me

Edited by GobotFool

hmm guess i'm going to be the lone nitpicker on this one.

compared to all the other TF toys this does look mighty impressive. i do not like the yellow head, i much prefer the other colour combo (maybe its for the japanese issue?). also from that angle his neck looks a little strange.

going by that ebay auction are we to assume that the matrix will light up? thats pretty cool if it does (mmm mini blue leds).

i can definately see this toy calling out for die cast.

going by that ebay auction are we to assume that the matrix will light up? thats pretty cool if it does (mmm mini blue leds).

i can definately see this toy calling out for die cast.

Yup. Light up matrix and all.

The unpainted pics show the diecast content, which is fairly significant.

the american release is only going to be 75 bucks I heard. Is this true? And it's coming out in january/february. Can anybody confirm this?

I head similar but he reduced price comes at a cost. No Diecast.

people over at the 2005boards keep saying that it's going to have the same amount of die-cast metal. Only differences is maybe the paint scheme and packaging for sure. The toy that's not going to have die-cast metal in it is the american release of smokescreen, while the takara one will be all metal. 20 bucks for the american one and 75 for the japanese version. Weird...... :p:D:lol:

By far the BEST optimus prime there ever will be, that's a buy in my books, and when it comes out, I just may buy two, one to pose, the other to keep in the box, or three, one in box, one to pose, the other in his vehcile mode ^^ I can't wait!

oh man! I never much liked the Optimus prime toy, even as a kid! But that is a work of art.  hlj has it listed for $84, which I can stomach.

i got form blasto toys for 89 i think.

I'm pretty sure this will be available at the larger domestic retail chains. If nothing else, TRU will stock at your local store. The MSRP has been quoted around $70-75, so I'll try to find one locally and save on shipping and gouging.

The MSRP has been quoted around $70-75, so I'll try to find one locally and save on shipping and gouging.

I'd like to pick up one domestically too? I'm just worried that it'll be altered to meet the guidelines of todays child safety regulations. If they DON'T change a thing then I'll pick one up here. :ph34r:

WHat I don't get is... are there a bunch of kids in Japan with their eyes out or dead from suffication due to the dangerous nature of their toys? Or are they just that much smarter than American kids?

I think this is a cultural issue.

American society is laced with frivilous lawsuits; any time an individual can find an opportunity to get rich at another's expense they'll take it. Factor in the millions and millions of dollars a large corporation carries, and you only increase the enticement.

Add to this the increasing absence of parental supervision and instruction and you get the toy laws we have today. The American people also have very set views on cartoons, toys and video games. The overwhelming majority feels these items are specific to children and their offered products should reflect that. Thus, you get GTA3 protestors and the like.

Japan has a far more understanding culture, and the fact that animation is a very mainstream medium helps the cause.

Will it come with the trailer?

Nope.

Hasbro/Takara decided the price point was maxed; fearing that the addition of parts would only deter potential buyers and harm their profits. A recent quote was around $120 for the set, versus the current $75 price point. While this may not seem like a significant increase to those of us accustomed to paying $150+ per 1/48; keep in mind that most Transfans rarely spend over $10 per toy. In fact, the biggest and arguably most anticipated Transformer in the past several years is at a $50 price point and many fans are unwilling to shell out for it.

There is rumor that Palisades will create a static trailer to be displayed with Prime, but whether or not this is fact has yet to be proven.

Mine will be kicking ass in Robot mode for eternity so this is a non-issue for me.

Edited by Etrigan