Custom 1/48 TV VF-1J

Kurt

Hey everyone. Here is my latest custom, just finished an hour ago. This is a stock valk with the exception of the kill marks. Let me know what you think. And my schedule has opened up a bit, so anyone wanting a custom from me, nows the time. Send me a PM and we can discuss it. Thanks!

post-4-1089659643_thumb.jpg

Ehi, great works, just 2 things: The fastpacks shuldn't be gray? And the gunpod is not too bright?

However is wonderfull ;)

They are blue not grey. Maybe the color is not showing up right in the images.

WOW!! I love it. Now I need to learn how to do that... nice job

JT

Gorgeous detail upgrade.

awsome kurt you still know how to make people drewel and wallets cry :D the custom paint job looks so nice how long did it take ?

From Richard

This one took me about two weeks. Working on it in between other projects.

Looks greater than great! Do you use a air brush on the panel lines?

I pre-shade the panel lines with an airbrush. Then apply the main color and add a wash to the panel lines. And then depending on the look I am after I may post shade the panel lines just a bit, just as I did on the 1J.

Good God, is it supposed to be perfect? :-o

What hands are those?

those are the TV hands that come with all the TV versions of the 1/48's (just all the J variations)

Oh...crap, wouldnt be able to buy those seperatly now would I?

you can get a set...it just depends on if you want originals or recast hands....i know not a lot of members are willing to give up the hands since the 1/48's come with crappy standard hands...you can always try the "Wanted" section here on the boards if you really want a set :)

Great work as always Kurt and I promise I'll add this to the MW Custom Toy Gallery soon, together with your recent Low-Vis 1J custom as well.

One thing that's been bugging me about your photos though. I notice with all the photos of your customs, you always pose the legs straight vertically down in Gerwalk mode, rather than posing them in a more dynamic looking spread-leg stance. Any reason for this?

Graham