MPC Alpha @ MW Con 4

There are no other current Mospeada toys out right now and other than those dorky morphers

Hey Dont be dissing my cute little alpah morphers. I thought that was the first time Toynami came out with something good. then it was the Mospeada I-Men, Still ahve to get them but those Cyclones are bad assed. HG and toynami need to screw the stupid magnetic feature and start making accessories like Kubrick and making to scale Cyclone bikes for the figures. I would be ok with a removable parts cyclone bike to get the some kind of transformation.

bigkid - I've tried searching for them and no luck. Don't even know a good query to use on Google and I'm pretty good at searching. Did Yamato make these?

Yes yamato made the helmets. I believe, from what i recall from XStoys, that the shoulder pads are a co-op with Dengeki. Yamato jsut gave the ok and dengeki made them. Yes I believe teh helmets are in the 1K range US dollars. and with shoulders it is 1.8k?

bigkid - I've tried searching for them and no luck.  Don't even know a good query to use on Google and I'm pretty good at searching.  Did Yamato make these?

Yes yamato made the helmets. I believe, from what i recall from XStoys, that the shoulder pads are a co-op with Dengeki. Yamato jsut gave the ok and dengeki made them. Yes I believe teh helmets are in the 1K range US dollars. and with shoulders it is 1.8k?

I'd like to correct some of those #'s. The helmets were @ $1,500 USD & the helmets with armor were closer to $2,500 USD. :blink:

bigkid - I've tried searching for them and no luck.  Don't even know a good query to use on Google and I'm pretty good at searching.  Did Yamato make these?

Don't forget to mention that shipping to the U.S is not even included...

-Kevin

-Kevin

Ugggghhhhhh ... that's something I'd rather not discuss. :wacko:

-Kevin

Sorry, Tony....but I had to throw it in there....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::)

-Kevin

Yes, apparently XSToys lives up to his signature. Although I don't know what's left that he doesn't have???

Not as good as I am!!! :D

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...lear+fast+packs

True... I choked and forgot to change my default search settings to something greater than 30 days.

Wow, those prices are crazy. That someone would buy these actually gives me hope that someone will buy my brother's Boba Fett motorcycle statue I'm eBaying now.

Don't get me wrong, those are cool helmets but wow, I'd really have to win the lottery before coming home with one of those or I'd be sleeping and eating from it.

I think the reason why you think the IMAI is chunky is from the angle shot of the camera top down. Whereas the toynami version has had pictures full frontal.

In terms of Line art Toynami's version does not line up the left and right chest with the central section that has the triangle on it. Both the left and the right chest section are not supposed to be fully horizontal. I doubt if it's a transformation error since all the photos I've seen of the battloid has the same thing. The Imai has this done correctly as does the Gakken.

It isn't simply because of the camera angle. I've seen the IMAI at various angles and all of the shots have screamed chunky to me (the same goes for the Gakken, whos proportions have annoyed me even when I'd played with one some 20 years back). While some of Toynami's parts may not line up properly according to the line art, it still "feels" more like the anime overall. I think the main reason the IMAI's appears chunky is because the legs seem too short, and the chest and shoulders too wide.

-Al

I think the reason why you think the IMAI is chunky is from the angle shot of the camera top down. Whereas the toynami version has had pictures full frontal.

In terms of Line art Toynami's version does not line up the left and right chest with the central section that has the triangle on it. Both the left and the right chest section are not supposed to be fully horizontal. I doubt if it's a transformation error since all the photos I've seen of the battloid has the same thing. The Imai has this done correctly as does the Gakken.

It isn't simply because of the camera angle. I've seen the IMAI at various angles and all of the shots have screamed chunky to me (the same goes for the Gakken, whos proportions have annoyed me even when I'd played with one some 20 years back). While some of Toynami's parts may not line up properly according to the line art, it still "feels" more like the anime overall. I think the main reason the IMAI's appears chunky is because the legs seem too short, and the chest and shoulders too wide.

-Al

I see where we differ in opinion. I like the IMAI soldier mode better because it is stockier without being clunky. The Toynami one is slimmer than the line art. I have always seen the soldier mode as more burly and functional in Mospeada than the stylized slimness of the Valkyries. Toynami obvious went for the latter than the former which meant their fighter also looks slimmer... I guess it boils down to what we each believe the soldier mode should look like.

vinnie

I love it. I hope they come out soon. I have waited long enough!!! :angry: Lets get them out already. I think the scale is just right. The alpha is smaller than the vf valks even if the scale for both toys were the same. If you look at a comparison chart the alpha is just a smaller fight than the vf line. I pre ordered several. :D

JT

Have they nailed down the release dates for the other three yet?

I have seen several dates on the internet for the remainder of the series (A few sites I have checked list the release dates as soon as all three by the end of the year and others claim the last issue will be sometime late 4th Q 2005) and I'm just wondering if Toynami plans to do like they did with the original MPCs and drag the release out over the next year and a half or if they intend to scoot poot this time and release these things in a timely manner?

Have they nailed down the release dates for the other three yet?

I have seen several dates on the internet for the remainder of the series (A few sites I have checked list the release dates as soon as all three by the end of the year and others claim the last issue will be sometime late 4th Q 2005) and I'm just wondering if Toynami plans to do like they did with the original MPCs and drag the release out over the next year and a half or if they intend to scoot poot this time and release these things in a timely manner?

Roughly every two months...

Oct- Red Alpha

Dec- Green Alpha

Feb '05- Shadow

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

hmmm, I would have thought the release dates would be farther off from each other... but makes sense to launch the shadow alpha early in '05 to drum up interest in Shadow Force...

I wonder if they will make non canon variants as well....?

I love it. I hope they come out soon. I have waited long enough!!! :angry: Lets get them out already. I think the scale is just right. The alpha is smaller than the vf valks even if the scale for both toys were the same. If you look at a comparison chart the alpha is just a smaller fight than the vf line. I pre ordered several. :D

JT

Do you not read what i said? the alpha is to scale with the MPC veritech. So the scale is right on. Not that it is close but it was designed to be that short.

Unlikely (Jack Archer might not be Macross canon, but is RT canon).

I'm wondering about "double-dipping" personally, because if some of the early Shadow Force images still apply, then all Toynami have to do is take their upcoming Shadow Fighter, make new wings with missile pods imbedded, and bingo bango another 80 bucks for an official Shadow Force design...

But on the other hand that may get a MPC Beta made, as they just need to switch out the sensor boom for a synchro cannon of a New Gen Beta to make it a Shadow Force version, meaning that Toynami would get more use out of any Beta molds.

Cyc

Edited by Cyclone

I'm wondering about "double-dipping" personally, because if some of the early Shadow Force images still apply, then all Toynami have to do is take their upcoming Shadow Fighter, make new wings with missile pods imbedded, and bingo bango another 80 bucks for an official Shadow Force design...

But on the other hand that may get a MPC Beta made, as they just need to switch out the sensor boom for a synchro cannon of a New Gen Beta to make it a Shadow Force version, meaning that Toynami would get more use out of any Beta molds.

Cyc

well, there is that new robotech game coming out which takes place during the invid war right? great opertunity to introduce new character and new alpha variant....

Cyc

well, there is that new robotech game coming out which takes place during the invid war right? great opertunity to introduce new character and new alpha variant....

I'm sure HG has already thought of it...

-K

That'd still be canon though, not an unofficial variant :)

But given the fact Robotech: Invasion is going to play up ground based combat, Cyclone style Superposables/I-men/MPCs for the main character are more likely than a Alpha.

Cyc

But given the fact Robotech: Invasion is going to play up ground based combat, Cyclone style Superposables/I-men/MPCs for the main character are more likely than a Alpha.

Cyc

mm, you're right. I was thinking canon in terms of the original anime and not whatever HG comes up with. :(

Cyc

Hmm... I've run across this preorder item in a few different places - the "Sue Graham" Shadow Fighter. Anyone know what this is?

http://bigbadtoystore.com/toy.asp?Queryid=pre534

That is scheduled to be the 4th alpha fighter.

Blue (Scott)

Red (Rook)

Green (Rand)

Shadow Fighter - Black (Sue Graham)

Sue didn't have one in the show, but they are tying her to it in order to produce one with a character tie in. Would love to see a shadow beta and cyclone too.

Edited by Pat S

If anything, technically Sue gives them the ability to do another female Bartley type Cyclone toy and double up in a similar method to Scott/Rand, same body but different paint scheme and weaponry. Not mention it's color scheme means many will think it's a Shadow Cyclone already.

And a third Bartley type user available for toys if Tasha from the upcoming game is a fairly major character to boot.

Cyc

If HG and Toynami wanted to they could always create an extra Alpha variant and say its Jonathan Worf's plane. Just like Sue Graham, we only see him in a green type cyclone armor-bike; but just like Sue, it's understood that he came to Earth in an Alpha fighter. Thus, just like there are two Alphas form Mars Base, they could create an extra Jupiter Base craft with original color scheme to maximize the use of their moulds. Since Wolf is an established New Generation character, anything they make tied to his name would be semi-canon at the very least. I'm also sure that people would buy it the same way many of us purchased Yamato's 1/48 Low Vis...non-canon, but very cool.

Edited by mechaninac

Hmm... I've run across this preorder item in a few different places - the "Sue Graham" Shadow Fighter. Anyone know what this is?

http://bigbadtoystore.com/toy.asp?Queryid=pre534

Hey! Those guys are already taking orders for the Shadow!

Hey, Kevin. I want to preorder one too! :ph34r:

Preorders are coming soon.

-kevin