Sci Fi and '80's on DVD

Gaijin

man,they need to do an official release of my beloved "BUCK RODGERS in the 25th century" w/ gil gerard & erin grey.that was my all-time favorite next to GALACTICA.you know tweeky rocks...BEETY,BEETY,BEETY :lol:

Was Fall Guy the one that had Del Shannon's "Runaway" as it's opening theme?

That's Crime Story... Michael Mann's series about 60's organized crime vs. the Feds.

Just be glad they didn't use Bon Jovi's "Runaway"

StreetHawk? I think that's what it was called...I can't remember ever watching it.

Haha, yeah. it was Knight Rider on two wheels...

Remember?

Automan

Manimal

Mann and Machine

The Misfits of Science (w/Courtney Cox)

Wolf

The Phoenix

:lol:

StreetHawk?  I think that's what it was called...I can't remember ever watching it.

Haha, yeah. it was Knight Rider on two wheels...

Remember?

Automan

Manimal

Mann and Machine

The Misfits of Science (w/Courtney Cox)

Wolf

The Phoenix

:lol:

Don't forget the horrible "Blue Thunder" TV show

Here's a question. I remember of course the names of Knight Rider, Airwolf, and Riptide, but what the hell was the motorcycle show of similar theme called?

Wasn't that that show "Super Force" or something? The guy had like glowy armor..

I dunno... I kinda want them to come out with M.A.N.T.I.S. I know it sucked, but it was entertaining. Oh, and the Little Prince, I was totally down with that show back in the day. I wanna read the book eventually. IIRC I asked about The Little Prince a long time ago on this board(twice even, I think... but I never got an answer but all I had to go on was that he would catch comets in a net and go places) then one day in texas the theme song popped into my head and it all came together. :)

We also gotta get some Spencer for Hire up in here!

A couple '80s cartoons/shows that I want in their entirety on DVD are:

Galaxy High. For the love of kawamori this show was produced by Chris Columbus (Home Alone, Harry Potter, others) with a soundtrack by Don Felder (the Eagles). It only lasted 13 episodes so just to keep me off the clocktower with the PSG-1 they should release it so I can soak in Doyle, Amy and Beef. I have the old VHS of the first four episodes but I need it all!

Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. Once again, dammit, release this show! It had early CG, two part stories, guns and crazy space cowboy action! And also once again I have the two VHS tapes they released but I need the whole shebang!

Jace and the Wheeled Warriors. Bring out the whole series... dammit.

Tour of Duty. Nuff said... dammit. I have one rare VHS of the pilot but that is it. Must... have... whole... show... only... three... seasons... long...

... and I will also second (and nominate) the requests for:

Crime Story

Miami Vice

M.A.S.K.

... and still not '80s but Space: Above and Beyond

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

This is getting sick. Before long you guys will be begging for a complete season by season full release of a remastered Mama's Family featuring audio commentary by Vern and Mama.

Then you'll beg for Small Wonder: The Ultimate Complete Series, with a "Where the hell is Vicki Now? documentary included.

I mean, I like a few of the shows you guys have mentioned... but damn, do you really need to own the complete series of Automan? What is the complete series, like 3 episodes?

All that whining aside, I'd love to watch Werewolf with the scariest man ever, Chuck Conners, again.

Hey, Super Force had its charms. One of the few "true" power armours ever seen on TV/movies.

M.A.N.T.I.S. was pure cheeze, but enjoyable cheese.

Tour of Duty rocks so much rocking that it's hard to gauge it's rockingness. Fortunatly, it's a daily show up here, so I can watch most of it over and over again :)

Mantis was cool until they started doing that other dimensional crap. The Flash was awesome though, but it was killed by Gulf War coverage....! Since we're getting ecclectic, why not Chris Carter's other non-x-files show "Strange Luck" starring D.B. Sweeney. That was getting interesting right before they cancelled it. Or Space Police (I can't believe that actually got on the air).

I mean, I like a few of the shows you guys have mentioned... but damn, do you really need to own the complete series of Automan? What is the complete series, like 3 episodes?

I don't want Automan... I just asked if you guys remember... because someone forgot Night Hawk...

What did happen to Vicky??? I was reading FHM or something the other day and they had a spread on baby Jessica, the girl that fell into that well in the 80s and boy was she smokin... I'm sure glad they got her out of there... :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

Hey, Super Force had its charms. One of the few "true" power armours ever seen on TV/movies.

Tour of Duty rocks so much rocking that it's hard to gauge it's rockingness. Fortunatly, it's a daily show up here, so I can watch most of it over and over again :)

I actually liked Super Force back then... but just remembering it now... whoa...

Pity they cancelled the whole thing after like one season, ended with one helluva big cliffhanger...

mm.... I'm suprised that with all the "Sliders" fans, not a lot of people talk about "My Secret Identity"...

One 80s/early 90s series I never got the name of.... this guy and his female sidekick flying around in this futuristic flying wing, saving people, yadda yadda... the guy had a machine that could make masks, a la Mission: Impossible.... can't for the life of me find any information about it though...

Hey, Super Force had its charms.  One of the few "true" power armours ever seen on TV/movies.

Tour of Duty rocks so much rocking that it's hard to gauge it's rockingness.  Fortunatly, it's a daily show up here, so I can watch most of it over and over again :)

I actually liked Super Force back then... but just remembering it now... whoa...

Pity they cancelled the whole thing after like one season, ended with one helluva big cliffhanger...

mm.... I'm suprised that with all the "Sliders" fans, not a lot of people talk about "My Secret Identity"...

One 80s/early 90s series I never got the name of.... this guy and his female sidekick flying around in this futuristic flying wing, saving people, yadda yadda... the guy had a machine that could make masks, a la Mission: Impossible.... can't for the life of me find any information about it though...

Doesn't ring a bell.

And wasn't Tour of Duty having problems with the music rights? Same like the Wonder Years.

It was called Human Target, I think. Pretty decent show, but I think it only lasted one year or less.

Man, Tour of Duty... now that was a pretty decent 'Nam series. Pretty raw & graphic for TV, IIRC. There was one episode I recall where this dude gets blown in half by a mine & begs his buddy to shoot him to put him outta his misery. All these years later... remembering that scene still creeps me out. :ph34r:

Gads, all those other shows you guys have mentioned... I forgot how much crap TV I must've watched as a kid! :lol: I'm all over that Wonder Woman set, tho!!!

I don't want Automan... I just asked if you guys remember... because someone forgot Night Hawk...

What did happen to Vicky??? I was reading FHM or something the other day and they had a spread on baby Jessica, the girl that fell into that well in the 80s and boy was she smokin... I'm sure glad they got her out of there... :lol:

It was Street Hawk not Night Hawk... Street Hawk was a Cool show...

Benji Zack and the Alien Prince was a 70's Live action kiddie toon on Saturday Mornings...

And Misfits ruled 80's Cheesy with Cool Effects.. Kinda like the New Mutants of Marvel Comics.

They Need Air Wolf on DVD (Only the First Three Seasons though) Season 4 was complete Dreck

I used to love that show and I have the theme song mp3 in my TV/Movie directory. :D

Secret Identity was cool. It was like Spiderman only not. In fact, IIRC the main character references Spiderman many times throughout the series.

Was Fall Guy the one that had Del Shannon's "Runaway" as it's opening theme?

No, the opening song was The Unknown Stuntman, written by Glen A Larson, Gail Jensen, and David Sommerville. It was also sung by the Six Million Dollar Man himself, Lee Majors.

Speaking of which, that is another show I would like to see on DVD. Love that corny bionics show, but not its spin-off. Lindsay Wagner was cute, but I could do without that show.

The Bionic Women AND Ted Debiese (Six Million Dollar Man) ARE out on DVD www.amazon.co.uk check there

And I LOVED that Theme from the Fall Guy By the Way..

"Cause Im the unknown Stuntman, that makes East Wood look so Fine"

Any one remember Scrooged??

"Its the Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors!!!!!!!!."

"Lee.. you've been a very good boy this year!!! :lol::p:blink:

Edited by Otaku-Smeghead

It was called Human Target, I think. Pretty decent show, but I think it only lasted one year or less.

nailed it!! 90-92 actually.... wow, those days were filled with one/two-season wonders. Meh, at least far better than the reality shows we're getting these days. :angry:

Was Season 4 of Airwolf the one when Hawk's brother took over the entire operation? Funny how I only got up to the part where his brother boarded Airwolf for the first time, never saw any episodes after that.

just so you guys know, Tour of Duty is out on DVD now, season 1 anyway. Actually it came out last month I want to say, I remember shelving it at work. A good series about the Vietnam War.

So it was released...I believe the original music got the axe though...for me, the show isn't Tour of Duty without "Paint it Black" and other 60's music...that's part of why I liked the show...same as the Wonder Years.

Do you know what music they replaced all the original songs with? I'm sure quite a few were probably changed.

All hyped up I just did some searching for the Tour of Duty season 1 DVDs and have the following to report:

- ALL the original music, not just the opening, have been replaced with generic "music library" tracks. One place I read a review at said it was different but not that important to the show (which is true) and another site said they should not have released the show in this butchered state as the classic music was part of the character of the show... which is also very true

- 5 DVDs, the whole first season from the pilot. 21 episodes

- NO special feaures at all. None. Nada, Zip.

- Chinese bootlegs are already showing up on eBay and other places.

My view on this is if they could not get the rights to the orininal music and present the show in it's original unaltered version they should not have released it. I know many other pending projects like Rock and Rule that are holding out for the music rights before they release as the music is that important. Tour of Duty to me is the same way. The Vietnam conflict was not just a war but part of the changing reality of america in the '60s and the music of the era played a massive role in that. Replacing the Doors with some crap-ass music library track to me is like replacing the star wars theme with some other generic orchestral thing made by "Now Hear This!" music library... it just isn't done.

I guess I'll have to buy these as they are the only thing out there aside from fan taped copies off of TV. Man, what a letdown though...

:(

If I remember correctly down here in the states when they re-aired ToD on our History Channel (or was it TNT?) it was this new altered version and not the "classic" one. I remember catching an episode midday and remember telling myself "WTF? Where are the Stones? Why is the opening music different?"

There is a Briton on eBay right now selling the full series he ripped off satelite and he claims it has all the original music plus the openers and previews. I sent him an email to see how the quality is before I go and buy the "altered" version.