MASTER REPLICAS - ALIENS MOTION TRACKER

I was going to add this to the McFarlane Movie Maniacs 7 thread, but thought this deserved it's own.

Check out this bad boy...

ALIENS MOTION TRACKER:

http://www2.masterreplicas.com/FX/FXProduc...?sItemID=FX-101

There's other stuff from Predator 2 and AVP too, but to be honest Aliens is all I care about.

Anyone here have any items from Master Replicas? From what I understand, their quality is top notch, but it's always good to here a firsthand account.

And seriously, I am all in if they put out a pulse rifle... :p

post-26-1089451795.jpg

That's F'N badass.

BUT. Does it make that tracking noise that sent chills up my spine during the movie?

Does the radar display also light up? :lol:B))

EDIT: YES IT DOES! B))

Edited by UN Spacy

for as good as that motion tracker looks. "master replicas" makes a hell of alot of crap. their "lord of the rings" section contains only a 'sting' with a bright blue blade (ew) and a ring.

the shrek stuff i've seen in person and they are bleh at best. and their three links "aliens, predator, and Aliens vs Predator" all link to the same four items.

kinda weak. (but the motion tracker does look pretty high quality)

Cool looking prop...but not $400 cool looking.

I Agree, and as for the rifle I would rather just get the airsoft version instead of shelling out that kind of money, unless it is a firing version. I handled a firing replica of the Pulse rifle back in college, this Marine LT had one and was showing to all us Air Force types. I was one of the few people who recognized it as a convert thompson and who could actually hold it right, cock it, etc... The grenade launcher even worked, oh and for those who don't know the grenade launcher was a sawed off pump action shotgun, don't remember what kind. About two weeks late the LT invited me to go shoot it, so I went to the range with him and squeezed off a couple mags, it was awesome, he even let my somewhat shakey handed G-Pa fire it, once a marine always a marine right?

Thanks Js I know that the LT mentioned that, but that was years ago and I couldn't remember. The LTs was sweet to be sure, and was custom built for him. At the time he had a chance to buy one of the original screen used ones instead for cheaper, but it was one of the more beat up ones and he said it was all beat to hell.

Edited by Knight26

What a ripoff.  I think I only paid half or less for the one ICON made.

Do you have pics of your ICONS rifle? What kind of features did it have?

The link to the airsoft one seems like it's got a lot going for it actually. :)

Yeah.. hell.... its the best Pulse Rifle I've seen....

Heh a shooting model would be nice. You'd get more "WTF is that?" than people who recognize it, I think...

Whatever happened to that old Marco ENT company? I used to get catalogs from them when I was a kid (found an ad in an old starlog, I think). I don't think they were charging mroe than a couple hundred bucks in the early 90s for replicas...

for as good as that motion tracker looks. "master replicas" makes a hell of alot of crap. their "lord of the rings" section contains only a 'sting' with a bright blue blade (ew) and a ring.

the shrek stuff i've seen in person and they are bleh at best. and their three links "aliens, predator, and Aliens vs Predator" all link to the same four items.

kinda weak. (but the motion tracker does look pretty high quality)

The LOTR stuff is supposed to be a gimick filled line because the proper replicas are already licensed elsewhere. Sting has a metallic looking blade that uses the same electroluminescent technology as their lightsabers to light up blue and the ring is on Saurons severed finger and has the enscription that appears out of nowhere when activated. There used to be a couple of items in the LOTR section but for some reason they've been cancelled.

That motion tracker is cool and I'd like to get it, but not for $400. Thankfully most MR stuff can be had for a lot cheaper if you shop around.

for as good as that motion tracker looks. "master replicas" makes a hell of alot of crap.  their "lord of the rings" section contains only  a 'sting' with a bright blue blade (ew) and a ring.

the shrek stuff i've seen in person and they are bleh at best. and their three links "aliens, predator, and Aliens vs Predator"  all link to the same four items. 

kinda weak.  (but the motion tracker does look pretty high quality)

The LOTR stuff is supposed to be a gimick filled line because the proper replicas are already licensed elsewhere. Sting has a metallic looking blade that uses the same electroluminescent technology as their lightsabers to light up blue and the ring is on Saurons severed finger and has the enscription that appears out of nowhere when activated. There used to be a couple of items in the LOTR section but for some reason they've been cancelled.

That motion tracker is cool and I'd like to get it, but not for $400. Thankfully most MR stuff can be had for a lot cheaper if you shop around.

Ebay? Other sources?

Share the love! :lol:

:rolleyes: There is a reason why the Icons only goes for a few hundred dollars. Well-made fan made pulse rifles that are mostly metal or a blend of plastic and metal can cost any where between $1000 to $2500.

At a Bay Area prop party in October 2003, I handled a full metal pulse rifle that essentially had working parts like a real rifle. such as a working digital display, one could load a fake grenade (and it would eject when cocked), cock the SPAS 12 cage and extend the stock.

IMG_0244.JPG

A prop builder who basically built his own pulse rifle

Images of an Icons pulse rifle

Images of a supposedly screen used pulse rifle

SD Studios Pulse Rifle Replica eBay auction

Icons Aliens Pulse Rifle

Just as people on this board can distinguish between the quality of various Valkyrie makers, the same applies with pulse rifle makers. The only thing that I can speak on would the Star Wars props from MR. A lot of the people that I know who are prop collectors proved very pessemestic at first. While MR has had their mistakes, they feel they have delivered solid products. Also one has to remember that all these movie MR items fall under licensing issues under their respective studios.

Also one has to remember that all these movie MR items fall under licensing issues under their respective studios.

Chuey speaks the truth. I recall once hearing that at least $100 of the price of the old Icons lightsabers went to Lucasfilm. Take that away, and suddenly your overpriced $300 prop becomes a much more reasonable $200 prop.

:rolleyes: There is a reason why the Icons only goes for a few hundred dollars. Well-made fan made pulse rifles that are mostly metal or a blend of plastic and metal can cost any where between $1000 to $2500.

At a Bay Area prop party in October 2003, I handled a full metal pulse rifle that essentially had working parts like a real rifle. such as a working digital display, one could load a fake grenade (and it would eject when cocked), cock the SPAS 12 cage and extend the stock.

IMG_0244.JPG

A prop builder who basically built his own pulse rifle

Images of an Icons pulse rifle

Images of a supposedly screen used pulse rifle

SD Studios Pulse Rifle Replica eBay auction

Icons Aliens Pulse Rifle

Just as people on this board can distinguish between the quality of various Valkyrie makers, the same applies with pulse rifle makers. The only thing that I can speak on would the Star Wars props from MR. A lot of the people that I know who are prop collectors proved very pessemestic at first. While MR has had their mistakes, they feel they have delivered solid products. Also one has to remember that all these movie MR items fall under licensing issues under their respective studios.

Wow. Thanks for the heads-up Chuey!

That one eBay link says that the original SD's went for $4000!!! :blink::blink::blink:

I also didn't know that SD became Master Replicas. Now I have no doubt that a pulse rifle is coming! :D The good thing is that it means that the one they make will be pretty damn accurate, based on that SD prop info, and probably with all the same stuff you mentioned in that other prop you handled (working countdown display, removable clip, grenade action, extended stock.) And judging by a lot of MR's other licensed props, my guess is that they'll even add the distinctive firing sound effects from the movie, something that no other previous replica had!

Oh yeah, baby! GAME OVER!!!

It will be mine!!! :lol:

Yeah, I have no doubt that Master Replicas will someday produce a licenced M41A, but who will be able to afford it? No, for my money the Monsters In Motion resin kit is the best buy, followed closely by that airsoft conversion kit.

Yeah, pricing will be tricky. I can't believe those things go for that much. And seeing as how none of their current offerings are close to the 1K mark, it'll be interesting to see how they price these out whenever they offer them.

Now if only they'd do some Anime guns like Alpha/Vice/Poseidon.

Master Replica guns from Trigun? Gungrave? Hellsing? Devil May Cry?

drooooool..... :wub:

And seeing as how none of their current offerings are close to the 1K mark, it'll be interesting to see how they price these out whenever they offer them.

Well as a starting point, they want $500 for the E-11 Stormtrooper rifle. I don't know what they're using as a base for the E11 since there's no real replicas available for the Sterling SMG (unless its an airsoft) so it could be custom built. Either way, the M41A is a lot bigger and a heckuva lot more complex than the E11, so I'm thinking $1000 is a good starting point. It'll probably be closer to $1500 or more, since that's what a lot of the older replicas used to sell for. Add in whatever licensing fees there are plus 20th Century Fox's cut, and you've got yourself a $2000 price tag. Ship it to Canada, and I'm looking at nearly $3000. There's a lot of real guns i can buy with $3000, so I'll pass.

And seeing as how none of their current offerings are close to the 1K mark, it'll be interesting to see how they price these out whenever they offer them.

Well as a starting point, they want $500 for the E-11 Stormtrooper rifle. I don't know what they're using as a base for the E11 since there's no real replicas available for the Sterling SMG (unless its an airsoft) so it could be custom built. Either way, the M41A is a lot bigger and a heckuva lot more complex than the E11, so I'm thinking $1000 is a good starting point. It'll probably be closer to $1500 or more, since that's what a lot of the older replicas used to sell for. Add in whatever licensing fees there are plus 20th Century Fox's cut, and you've got yourself a $2000 price tag. Ship it to Canada, and I'm looking at nearly $3000. There's a lot of real guns i can buy with $3000, so I'll pass.

And the Stormtrooper rifle is almost sold out! Damn!

I can see the Pulse Rifle going for around the $1500 mark, just by seeing what the other options out there are. But I personally can't see it going for more. Now if they had the balls to make the samrt gun, I could see that going for $3000. But maybe I don't know enough about guns to really gauge pricing well.

Still excited though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an enthusiastic review from alienscollection.com of the Master Replicas motion tracker.

4.5 out of 5. There's also a little movie that shows how the tracking actually "works":

http://www.alienscollection.com/review.html

The "scale" ringing takes a little getting used to, but it makes sense. Can't wait. :)

Also (as if it were a tough one to guess), the pulse rifle is CONFIRMED for next year.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cg...show_article=15

• 2 weeks later...