McFarlane MM7

wolfx

Actually Sigourney Weaver is HEAVILY anti gun. 

Doesn't seem to explain why she did "Death and the Maiden". She spent most of the movie sticking a gun in Sir Ben Kingsley's face. Heck, she even held the gun on the movie's poster.

was this an older movie? i've noticed actors don't tend to stick to their morals when their poor and in need of work, but when they get "big" suddenly they are full of issues.

dunno

so much for the 'unique' weapons that each predator is supposed to have, they both have the exact same 30 pound blocks of metal on each arm, a giant fork on their right arm, a cannon on a 2 foot long arm on the shoulder, and that tihng clipped to its leg, their armor is different but their weapons are the same and that is so not hunting gear, notihng is gonna be sneaking around in a full suit of segmented armor, as some kind of medieval ifantry force its cool designs, but not for a hunter, 'hey, ill just put on 50 pounds of armor, strap on these gigantic blades, and hope i find some blind, deaf prey to hunt'

edit: i cant spell

Edited by NERV

so much for the 'unique' weapons that each predator is supposed to have, they both have the exact same 30 pound blocks of metal on each arm, a giant fork on their right arm, a cannon on a 2 foot long arm on the shoulder, and that tihng clipped to its leg, their armor is different but their weapons are the same and that is so not hunting gear, notihng is gonna be sneaking around in a full suit of segmented armor, as some kind of medieval ifantry force its cool designs, but not for a hunter, 'hey, ill just put on 50 pounds of armor, strap on these gigantic blades, and hope i find some blind, deaf prey to hunt'

Er.... cloaking?

They already know how to move silently. Plus, who said that preds only have one kind of hunter? You can hunt whales with a harpoon(some still do up here) or a rocket harpoon. :D

They got Rocket Claws! :D

so much for the 'unique' weapons that each predator is supposed to have, they both have the exact same 30 pound blocks of metal on each arm, a giant fork on their right arm, a  cannon on a 2 foot long arm on the shoulder, and that tihng clipped to its leg, their armor is different but their weapons are the same and that is so not hunting gear, notihng is gonna be sneaking around in a full suit of segmented armor, as some kind of medieval ifantry force its cool designs, but not for a hunter, 'hey, ill just put on 50 pounds of armor, strap on these gigantic blades, and hope i find some blind, deaf prey to hunt'

Er.... cloaking?

They already know how to move silently. Plus, who said that preds only have one kind of hunter? You can hunt whales with a harpoon(some still do up here) or a rocket harpoon. :D

They got Rocket Claws! :D

in predator the blades dont cloak, the cloak is only complete when all the blades are retracted, and i dont see any way those things are gonna retract, and whether you know how to move silently or not wont help when ur wearing a full suit of armor, that will be clanking and plates scraping eachother, maybe a few pieces of armor but that is a full suit with flexing segmented parts that are gonna scrape with any movement, and those 2 have the exact same weapons, im sure that the spear he is holding is just an extended version of the tihng clamped to his leg

to get off track for a second:

its funny that sigourney would be so against guns because she feels the power of god when just holding a fake one. rather than educate and familiarize herself, and learn about fire arms, she takes the easy way out and says "gunz R bad, no guns for me or anyone"

back on track:

i dont' think i'd get any of the characters from any of the movies, but i'd like a random standard issue "colonial marine" that could come with a pulse riffle, the big gun that vasques had, and maybe some small arms and a motion tracker. that would be cool.

i usually shy away from "characters" from the movie as they usually just don't look right or have some kind of weird facial expression.

go buy the Aliens DVD thats out. on the second disk, Sigourney uses the interview as a pulpit from which to preach her anti gun ideals. she states how she didn't even like holding the gun, even though it was a mock up, and i believe stated that she understood how someone could get a god complex using the things.

This was also brought up in an James Cameron interview I read in the spring. All the crap that made Alien 3 suck was literally her idea. She'd actually wanted that stuff written into Aliens, but fortunately she didn't have the clout to make Cameron rewrite the script. If you'll notice, by the time Alien 3 got made she had her own name added as producer. Hence, she got her way and the franchise has sucked ever since.

And her holding a pistol on that other poster is no big deal. You just have to remember that she's a giant, f*cking hypocrite. Nic Cage is the same way. He has no problem whatsoever making ultraviolent films for Jerry Bruckheimer or John Woo, but when it comes to merchandising he won't allow his likeness to be used if there's guns. If you've ever seen Dragon's 12" Windtalkers figures, you'd see how a clever company gets around bullshit like that. ;)

Someone please tell me when these are coming, how much they usually sell for, and what local stores usually carry them?

thanks.

When are they coming out? I haven't a clue...I'd figure around October. These things usually sell anywhere from $9.99 to $14.99. Expect to pay around $11.99 most places; Mcfarlane figures eventually go on sale for around $4.99 in many places, but since I think these will sell quite well I doubt they will be around long enough to get discounted. As to where to get them, you can find them online, at KBToy Works, Toys-R-Us and other toy chains. FYI, I've found that TRU usually sells them for about $1.00 less than KBTW as they are a larger retailer.

so these toys are available online only?

I guess I should've done a better job of explaining. These figures will definitely be available online, but they will also be sold at "brick and mortar" retail stores just like all other Mcfarlane releases.

Hope that clarifies it... <_<

Sooo.... She hates guns & does not want to be seen with them... But is ok with beastial alien queen lesbian sex? :rolleyes::D Oh yea lets not forget cyborg sex you know those two had a thingy going on

Edited by Synch

Robocop = fugly gun.... the rest captures how boring Robocop can be. I think McFarlane needs to make Robocop from Part II when he gets all messed up. Or maybe Robocop in a his chair(or with a chair to sit it... heaven forbid McFarlane make a toy that articulated). How about Kane? (isn't there already a ED-209 out from McF?)

My ideal Robocop toy would be a 12" poseable Dragon-style figure with diecast armor that you could take apart and reveal his twisted internal workings along with a big ass metal ED-209 with spring levered legs, etc.

That would rule the Earth, but they're ain't no way McFarlane could make anything that cool. Whatever they put out will have tons of detail, fall apart, and be made of rubbery plastic.

Robocop = fugly gun.... the rest captures how boring Robocop can be. I think McFarlane needs to make Robocop from Part II when he gets all messed up. Or maybe Robocop in a his chair(or with a chair to sit it... heaven forbid McFarlane make a toy that articulated). How about Kane? (isn't there already a ED-209 out from McF?)

My ideal Robocop toy would be a 12" poseable Dragon-style figure with diecast armor that you could take apart and reveal his twisted internal workings along with a big ass metal ED-209 with spring levered legs, etc.

That would rule the Earth, but they're ain't no way McFarlane could make anything that cool. Whatever they put out will have tons of detail, fall apart, and be made of rubbery plastic.

I'm willing to bet if they make a 4th robocop movie Aoshima may take a stab at larger scale robocop toys. That would just be unbearably cool!

I'm willing to bet if they make a 4th robocop movie Aoshima may take a stab at larger scale robocop toys. That would just be unbearably cool!

I'd be all over Robocop vs Terminator... but they'd probably make something like Robocop: Murphy Goes to Africa or something...

Is it just me or does that toy look nothing like Hicks? I thought McFarlane was all about recreating movie "moments." When did Hicks hold his gun in a lame way and have a bewildered look on his face? They should make a whole squad tho, so I can at least get Apone and Hudson... speaking of which.. I think the toy looks more like Hudson than Hicks... (I'm Hudson sir, he's Hicks..)

nah, that definately looks like Michael Beihn. the pose looks alright, and at least they are not charging the outragous amounts being asked for by whoever is making those Faye and Julia statues. but i agree, McFarlane needs a USCM squad....definately Wierzbowski and Frost and Dietrich and Apone. preferably, Frost is on fire.... :p

Drake and Vasquez figures with those kick ass Smart guns would freaking rock.

nah, that definately looks like Michael Beihn. the pose looks alright, and at least they are not charging the outragous amounts being asked for by whoever is making those Faye and Julia statues. but i agree, McFarlane needs a USCM squad....definately Wierzbowski and Frost and Dietrich and Apone. preferably, Frost is on fire.... :p

Drake and Vasquez figures with those kick ass Smart guns would freaking rock.

I was talking to some friends about this, I have a feeling that they will continue to put the Aliens figures out one at a time in the movie maniacs line for a while. Personally, I still expect to see Ripley and a Powerloader with Newt as a deluxe box probably in next year's MM8 series, I think they will probably put out a Vasquez, Hudson and Bishop figure at some point. It is a profitable license, I imagine they will use it to pad their sales over the next few years. They could put at least one Aliens figure out as a collector's club special to get new members at some point. Hudson or Newt would be my guesses as far as a collector's club special.

I am glad they are finally putting out a Hick's figure.