Toynami Macross Super Poseables

Hi all,

I managed to get a few pictures taken this evening.

These figures are pretty much the same as the previous Super Poseable series II with the exception of the DYRL scheme strike armor and markings. Toynami used the same molds so the arm armors are from the TV series. The articulation is the same, so I don't need to elaborate there...

With these DYRL versions, Toynami used a light grayish PVC so they look better (not so cheap looking) than the previous poseables series. The armor is a dark navy blue and looks pretty good on the figure. For the strike cannon beams, the sculpt seems a bit too slender when you look at the proportion of it to the fast pack booster on the end. It needs to beefen up a bit. Additionally, the skull markings (on a sticker) on the fast pack seem a bit small.

Enjoy

Toynami Macross DYRL Super Poseables

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

Still one question?

How the hell did they get away with this? <_<

Who knows? Apparently whatever contract got signed entitles them to pretty much anything they decide belongs to them.

I wouldn't be too shocked if they began to demand the right of Prima Nocte, or First Night, from all those that ever worked on Macross. :p

As for the Superposeables... pretty much look the same as the last ones. I got a VF-1D to see what it was like... it's okay, but I seriously doubt I'll ever buy anymore.

Non transforming valks = none of my money.

Still one question?

They say we'll find out this weekend...I'm sure Ol' Jack Scratch was involved somehow...

Still one question?

That is the same question that I have in mind as well.

The first thing that I notice when I look at the box picture is the big word of "MACROSS" in the front. It almost made me think that this is not ROBOTECH (HG) product at all. Then I notice the HG logo on the top left hand corner of it :blink:

This isn't the first time they've used DYRL stuff. I used to have one of those learn to draw Robotech books that had a portrait of Misa clearly wearing a DYRL uniform and I'm sure there are other examples as well. :o Maybe they're claiming squatters rights since BW didn't stop them 20 years ago. <_<

This weekend will either clear things up for the good, or enrage fanboys everywhere.

Ah yes... Anime Expo. I remember that fanboy stench from back in 97. Dr Pepper, Potato chips and body odor. Man oh man........ The staff should have someone man a pressure washer to to hose off the stinky fanboy riff raff...........

:p

The fanboys will be enraged no matter what..... I just hope they shower and brush their teeth before they get angry.................

:p

Still one question?

It doesn't sit right with me either but I don't really care. Toynami is just a toy company so I guess they can make whatever they want. The Macross license thing is one big gray area and nothing will ever be imported in masses. I just wished Toynami made better toys and took advantage of the situation.

This weekend will either clear things up for the good, or enrage fanboys everywhere.

I can you exactly how most here on MW will react.

What? With a yawn?

I was unimpressed with their old SPs, I'm still underwhelmed by these.

Let's see them release the film on DVD with a superb transfer and perfect subs. Then you'll see a reaction. Otherwise, meh.

Let's see them release the film on DVD with a superb transfer and perfect subs. Then you'll see a reaction. Otherwise, meh.

Hah, you say that like it's possible to write a sub track that everyone will be pleased with. There's no such thing.

The AX panel today claified that the movie rights are still in limbo. Merchandising however...