I got a 1/55 GBP-1S! ...

chukwong_jr

• 4 weeks later...

Man. So jealous of you getting it that cheap. I had to pay big bucks getting mine a few years back, but didn't regret it one bit though, especially now that I have a decent income, a couple hundred bucks is no longer a big deal. The GBP valk has always been my most favorite toy, and gave me such joy owning it once again almost 2 decades later. :D

And its so true, the 1/55 VF-1A head shape does fit the look of Takatoku GBP better, though 1J's red head stripe does have better matching color, and looks more 'meant to be'.

I love these toys! :p

What's that female figure?  Reminds me of them MS Girls.

It looks like a tekkaman figure to me.

That is a Super Robot Wars video game original design. One of the earlier designs that first showed up in the Super Famicom days. If I remember correctly, its called ValsionR, piloted by Ryune, who is the girl friend of Masaki Ando(Cybuster). She totally look like the Gundam girls, as the design IS a cute girly humonoid with add-on armor pieces. :p

why would anyone get excited about a 1/55 bandi clearly inferior to yamato!!! :huh:

i mean look at them for god's sake! :huh:

nastalgia can only go so far :huh:

If you've never owned a Bandai/Takatoku/Jetfire you won't understand. There's a serious nostalgia factor with toys that are over 2 decades old. The resissues were actually nicer quality than the original Takatokus. The Takatoku's are not as detailled or poseable as the Yamato's, but they are prize pieces, no question.

when i was younger i used to live in san jose ca and i used to pass everyday after school by this chinese man and his store. i guess is was a semi comic book store

? anyway i always saw the old bandi's which were new then and never could bring myself to buy one. :unsure:

not that i didn't like robotech/macross (depending in which region of the world you live). <_<

it's just that i was always into things that look real , or at least, not look like clumsy toys :huh:

all my friends used to rag on me about it but i was always into things that were just a little above average i guess. in a decade where transforming robots were as common place as steriod endused wanabe rambos at the movie theaters, i just coundn't see myself being entertained by such a crappy looking toy! B))

but i concede...if it was a great buy and you are happy with it and it brings you joy...than more power to ya!

but it is still just so dam ugly!!! :blink:

when i was younger i used to live in san jose ca and i used to pass everyday after school by this chinese man and his store. i guess is was a semi comic book store

? anyway i always saw the old bandi's which were new then and never could bring myself to buy one. :unsure:

not that i didn't like robotech/macross (depending in which region of the world you live). <_<

it's just that i was always into things that look real , or at least, not look like clumsy toys :huh:

all my friends used to rag on me about it but i was always into things that were just a little above average i guess. in a decade where transforming robots were as common place as steriod endused wanabe rambos at the movie theaters, i just coundn't see myself being entertained by such a crappy looking toy! B))

but i concede...if it was a great buy and you are happy with it and it brings you joy...than more power to ya!

Boy you really missed out on some great toys.

I feel bad for you.

when i was younger i used to live in san jose ca and i used to pass everyday after school by this  chinese man and his store. i guess is was a semi comic book store

not that i didn't like robotech/macross (depending in which region of the world you live).  <_<

it's just that i was always into things that look real , or at least, not look like clumsy toys  :huh:

all my friends used to rag on me about it but i was always into things that were just a little above average i guess.  in a decade where transforming robots were as common place as steriod endused wanabe rambos at the movie theaters, i just coundn't see myself being entertained by such a crappy looking toy! B))

I feel sorry for you too. :D

I would prefer to be someone that can both appreciate 'realistic' rendition pieces & fun, crappy looking :rolleyes: toys that I can really play with. Yup. More power to me! :lol: