auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

It was probably because of this

When eBay announces these deals, they don't give lot of advanced notice, so lots of sellers will usually start a whole bunch of empty auctions (at high starting price, for headroom) to take advantage of the deal. This way they can take their time revising each auction (especially 10 day auctions, like this guy did) by adding actual items with descriptions and pictures, and lowering prices accordingly. Check out his other auctions, he's not finished revising all of them yet.

This, should be good. Hopefully the seller posts pics soon. I've gotta see this $1000 1/60!

343505[/snapback]

don't you just want to set up a shill acount and buy it now just to mess with 'em? :rolleyes:

I think he's just showing off his work probably hoping to get people sending him stuff for customs. Kinda like $1 advertising... and if someone buys the actual toy that's good too. Personally, I hate that toy. Notice how the Battloid mode is always hunched way forward in every pic???? That's because it has to be or the radome and everything else comes crashing down.

ebay illiterate here. May I ask what is shill bidding?

343814[/snapback]

Using another ID to bid on your own auction to raise the price. And, unfortunately, it happens a lot more often than you'd think. EBay doesn't really police their site at all, so it goes on all the time.

Back to that custom 1/60 VE; it looks pretty good. Does it looks $1000 good? Uh, no. I do like the Toynami Super-poseable hands, though. I tried that once, but the pegs are too small. I wonder if he just glued them on? No rear shot of fighter mode, so I guess we'll never know.

That matchbox thing is ridiculously bad. I brought one up here that went for like $100 incomplete though. THere's another one on there now (or ended recently) with a $180 BIN. Strange, it's hot right now, I remember MIB ones used to not go for $50.

When was this ever produced?

1/60 ARII Monster???  :blink:  :blink:

Funny thing though, for 180.00 US an ARII Kit of that size would not seem like a bad purchase. At least, not to me.

343868[/snapback]

it actually says 1/160 not 1/60 so that auction does seem right.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

can somebody explain how/why this happened????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Macross-1-55-VF...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm not complaining but I just do not understand the sellers logic... unless it was pity :blink:

I'll buy it off you for $80+shipping

(ya lucky bastid)

Maybe he forgot to include a $1 in front of his BIN

343971[/snapback]

check out the bid history of the first one with reserve not met. Same seller but gave the LOWEST bidder a second chance offer?!?!

thats why I thought it might be pity.

It's not a toy, but.. anyone want 23 USED pairs of MENS thongs and g-strings? "you get almost a kilogram of skimpy fabric to indulge every sexy occasion!!"

:o

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/23-x-Mens-Sexy-Thon...1QQcmdZViewItem

What a surprise.. no bids. I'll eat my oldest pair of undies if someone bids on this.

It's not a toy, but.. anyone want 23 USED pairs of MENS thongs and g-strings? "you get almost a kilogram of skimpy fabric to indulge every sexy occasion!!"

What a surprise.. no bids. I'll eat my oldest pair of undies if someone bids on this.

346534[/snapback]

Now where's that puking smily?

Mental picture time: Buy this! and your buttholio will be rubbing against a piece of fabric that has rubbed up against another man's buttholio, a man's man at that, cause let's be honest, this guy is as gay as they get.

Oh... and before I forget, what are you doing searching used men's underwear on eBay?

346534[/snapback]

Now where's that puking smily?

Mental picture time: Buy this! and your buttholio will be rubbing against a piece of fabric that has rubbed up against another man's buttholio, a man's man at that, cause let's be honest, this guy is as gay as they get.

Oh... and before I forget, what are you doing searching used men's underwear on eBay?

347133[/snapback]

:D ahahaa! Damn, my 2nd hand g-string fetish addiction has been discovered!

I was having an ebay window shop and one of my favourite brands is Mossimo so I typed that in and voila! I find Men's Thong Heaven! :ph34r: