MY (Almost done) NYPD SWAT Labor

Just want to share my latest finished kit...I'm still in the process of finding what paint to use on the rubber clothes ( but I'm thinking of using permanent marker). Anyways, here's the pix(sorry for the poor pix, it's been raining here since yestrday)..

Thanks,

d

post-26-1088301410_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyowelb

that looks bad-ass B))

are those shades of blue-gray or is it blue-gray and gray?

great colors by the way...

**goes back to messing around with the Ingram 3**

Thanks...

I used Tamiya Field Blue( 3 shades in all)

I'm in the process of applying the decals...

More pix tommorow.

Thanks,

d

Speaking of Labors...

Is there a GI Joe weapons set or something I could buy that the Ingram could hold? I want to swap the revolver cannon on mine with a Colt .45

i thought you checked wally world (Wal-Mart) for weapon sets already :blink:

i guess you didn't find any

Speaking of Labors...

Is there a GI Joe weapons set or something I could buy that the Ingram could hold? I want to swap the revolver cannon on mine with a Colt .45

i thought you checked wally world (Wal-Mart) for weapon sets already :blink:

i guess you didn't find any

All the stuff I found need me to buy the guy that comes with it too.

Speaking of Labors...

I've been thinking of the same thing and I saw one that I can use. GI Joe Special Weapon somethin something...but it's too expensive... or you can just buy the weapon set for $10.00

Update: Almost done with the decals after ruining 3 of them( 2 of which are the License tag) :(

d

Edited by dyowelb

What happened to the Ingram's thighs? They look very naked.

parts on the thighs are not yet there...needs touch up...

decals are done...waiting to dry then i'll them seal up and then some more touch and i'm done...

tommorow pix will be the finished kit.

thanks,

d

Update: The dye method didn't work at all... my initial plan worked though - the permanent marker method...not exactly the color that I want but it's fine

here are some of the pix

whole body:

comments are welcome

thanks,

d

post-26-1088627698_thumb.jpg

yea excellent work i do not have any of these models yet they look vert nice, i might have to get a few, do you have any pics along side any Gundam master grades so i can get a idea of size? i thought the Griffon one looked very cool.

keep up the good work.

chris

do you have any pics along side any Gundam master grades so i can get a idea of size? i thought the Griffon one looked very cool.

keep up the good work.

chris

sorry i don't have any mg gundam but i can tell you it's height...it's about 8 3/4" from top to bottom...

yup the griffons looks pretty good... but my 2 griffons have to wait..i still need to finished 6 more kits (3 needs repainitng)

here's another pix with the rest of the gang

thanks,

d

post-26-1088630376_thumb.jpg

what is that little blue sd one? it looks like the gundam Kampher please tell me there is a big MG one like that out

what is that little blue sd one? it looks like the gundam Kampher please tell me there is a big MG one like that out

That'd be the SD Henke version of Brocken Labor. The only other plastic injection kit it got was the 1/60 scale (builds up to about the size of a HGUC Gundam). It looks like the Kampher because both were designed by Izubuki.

Since the Brocken Labor is a minor mecha from the TV series that's not directly associated with any pilot or main characters, they never bothered with a MG release. Bandai should have continued the line with MG Helldiver and MG Type Zero, too bad the lackluster sales made them stop the line. :(

MG Ingram stands slightly taller than a MG Gundam, thanks to its bunny ear. It is proportionally larger as well.

That's outstanding work, there are some subtle modifications but were used very effectively. I love all the additional details, like the armor on the back of the head. Was the piece scratchbuilt? How did you paint the blue shoulder lights, was it Tamiya clear blue? On the inside or outside of the part?

it's Schaft's Brocken.. I still need one more SD though, the SD Helldiver..

Here's a pix of it w/ the 1/60 Brocken

Thanks,

d

post-26-1088632912_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyowelb

That's outstanding work, there are some subtle modifications but were used very effectively. I love all the additional details, like the armor on the back of the head. Was the piece scratchbuilt? How did you paint the blue shoulder lights, was it Tamiya clear blue? On the inside or outside of the part?

Hi,

I'm not really sure which part are talking. but the only mod/scratch build that I did is the antena on the shoulder, everything is out of the box.

I just used clear blue on the blue light. I painted it inside and outside, then sealed it w/ future.

Thanks,

d

Pretty cool but if you want that real NYPD vibe you need to weather the crap out of it. Dent up the corners, scuff up the paint and have some random small pieces fall off. ;)

initially that was my idea..but i didn't have the courage nor the skill to make it look wheatered....but i'm liking the 'just out of the factory' look.

thanks,

d

• 3 months later...
that swat ingram is awesome. whats the second sd ingram in that pic? can't remember..

That's not an Ingram. The Ingram is Shinohara Heavy Industry AV-98 model specifically.

The other Shinohara Heavy Industry model is the AV-0 Zero. IIRC, it may have the Peacemaker monikor, but I'm not sure whether that's official.