A new convert among us.....

promethuem5

I just got my first 1/60 Yamato, the DYRL Max Jenius, and am stunned. This thing freakin rocks. I now see why you guys all bash the Toynami MPCs. The Yamato is soooooooooo much better and cooler and posable and awesome and fricken rockin and sweet. My only real complaint is all those stupid NO STEP stickers.... :lol: My only other thing is that I noticed that stickers dont stick as well to the plastic parts as they do the the die cast. Did anyone do anything about this? just curious. Makes me want DYRL sooooooo bad :angry: . lol, I still cant figure out which DVD I need to buy to get DYRL. The descritpitons of the DVDs at amazon.com are very unhelpful.

hey, welcome welcome....

check out www.valkyrie-exchange.com... kevin has some DYRL DVDs there that are pretty good... also there are some after market stickers you can buy that pretty much everyone agrees is superior to the stock set.

and now go guy a 1/48...

Welcome to the MW Forums promethem5!

Make sure to check out the pinned topics at the top of the page (in each sub forum). They'll help your transition a LOT better.

Many of us MW'ers own the Macross: DYRL "Perfect Edition" DVD. It's not too expensive, GREAT video, good subs, and four trailers. Check out E-Bay instead of Amazon (they know NOTHING about Macross).

Thanks. I will keep that in mind for my next purchase. the stickers were a pain. But how do you expect me to get a 1/48. they are SOOOOOOO fricken expensive. can only convince my mom to buy me so much in a month. I really want the Hikaru with armor set, but its a hundred bucks, and multi scale toy lines piss me off. Ive already got like 3 diff sizes...the Banpresto, the Toynami, and the Yamato. well, maybe i can beg and plead alot to get the armor and Hikaru set 'cuz its a better deal than getting them seperatly' hehehe.

As to the DVDs, I will chek it out. I am still confused tho as to content, as I started out with Robotech, which has me screwed up and I asked a couple questions in the newbie section that wernet answered very well. DYRL is a movie right? If so, why isnt there a DYRL: the movie DVD????? There's all Macross Plus and Macross 1-7 and this and that.

I've have also found one other point on the Yamato that dissapoints me (hard to find one but I did). The shoulders. They cant be posde too far foreward without pushing the front plate out of place. Its like the shoulders shuld extend out on their joints a bit more to get better clearance. other than that it rocks

I don't think you can get DYRL in amazon, Ebay have a hong kong version if english subititles

Now that you have the DYRL VF-1A Max you have to buy the GBP kit

There's no translated version? Only subtitles? that SUCKS. :angry: grrrrr.

Spacey, is the Perfect Edition the Hong Kong one the other guy mentioned? Hopefully I will be able to find it in america....dealing thru Hong Kong is such a pain.

And whats a GPB kit? I like model kits....

I just thought of something....I have to get YET ANOTHER different figure to get fast packs and Super or Strike modes armor. such a pain.

start going through some of the pinned newbie threads, that should help you out with the various series and chronology...

yeah, the 1/48s are pricey and yeah, they're all big and yeah, they rule. you need at least one...

just check out kevin's store: www.valkyrie-exchange.com

he has the best versions of the various boot leg DVDs out there, his service is great and he ships fast.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind for my next purchase. the stickers were a pain. But how do you expect me to get a 1/48. they are SOOOOOOO fricken expensive. can only convince my mom to buy me so much in a month. I really want the Hikaru with armor set, but its a hundred bucks, and multi scale toy lines piss me off. Ive already got like 3 diff sizes...the Banpresto, the Toynami, and the Yamato. well, maybe i can beg and plead alot to get the armor and Hikaru set 'cuz its a better deal than getting them seperatly' hehehe.

As to the DVDs, I will chek it out. I am still confused tho as to content, as I started out with Robotech, which has me screwed up and I asked a couple questions in the newbie section that wernet answered very well. DYRL is a movie right? If so, why isnt there a DYRL: the movie DVD????? There's all Macross Plus and Macross 1-7 and this and that.

I've have also found one other point on the Yamato that dissapoints me (hard to find one but I did). The shoulders. They cant be posde too far foreward without pushing the front plate out of place. Its like the shoulders shuld extend out on their joints a bit more to get better clearance. other than that it rocks

ey man,. yamato usually reissues stuff when people least expect(1/48 VF-1A/S hikaru/Fiocker) so with that in mind I say wait till x mas and ask your mom for a 1/48 J with FAST packs. I dont think you will eber go back to anything else after that that is THEE VF-1 for OUR generation meaning now.

say wait till x mas and ask your mom for a 1/48 J with FAST packs.

Why would someone post a thred and use that type of word "Ask your mother". Do you ask your mother to buy your collection?

Be more respectful of other members on what you post. Yes, it also goes posting on new members post. The new member could easily be someone who is in his 30's or maybe in his 20's and can take your word as an insult.

I apologies to Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 for posting a thread, without reading the entire posting thoroughly. Once again, I apologies for making fool out of my self.

I hope that this apologies will be enough to amend my mistake.

Sincerly,

Edited by CID

Why would someone post a thred and use that type of word "Ask your mother". Do you ask your mother to buy your collection?

Be more respectful of other members on what you post. Yes, it also goes posting on new members post. The new member could easily be someone who is in his 30's or maybe in his 20's and can take your word as an insult.

Prometheum5 put on his post that he had to convince his mom

Edited by RichterX

I don't think you've read the thread from the beginning. The main problem Prometheum has is that he can't convince his mother to get him all these different scale Valkyries. Shin Densetsu means no disrespect at all.

Many of us MW'ers own the Macross: DYRL "Perfect Edition" DVD. It's not too expensive, GREAT video, good subs, and four trailers. Check out E-Bay instead of Amazon (they know NOTHING about Macross).

Hey is this the perfect edition. I want to upgrade my FX copy.

post-4-1087886339.jpg

Edited by scand

What you seek lies HERE . It's the DVD version of the movie "Macross: Do you Remember Love?". Yes, it is only subtitled, but that is how it is meant to be watched... trust me. Watch it, your life will be changed.

dyrl_pe_cover_small.jpg

Lebhead has a huge topic in the "other anime" section on the differences between Robotech and SDF Macross.

What you seek lies HERE . It's the DVD version of the movie "Macross: Do you Remember Love?". Yes, it is only subtitled, but that is how it is meant to be watched... trust me. Watch it, your life will be changed.

dyrl_pe_cover_small.jpg

Lebhead has a huge topic in the "other anime" section on the differences between Robotech and SDF Macross.

movie not rated, contains nudity, blood and gore ;)

Be carefull with the stickers on the side of the intakes

Yamato-factory puts a drop of oil on the locking mechanisms which has the bad

habit of seaping out over the valk and ruining your stickers

also: since this is a place where you tend to hold your valk, oil will deposit on your

fingers

giving even more trouble

before you do anything, wipe it off with a piece of cloth

cripes you guys bicker at each other alot, lol :p

I will look for that edition of DYRL. Content is not an issue for me :D

If i do get a 1/48, i will make sure it is a Fastpack,a nd will proobably look into an after market set of better stickers. can anyone tell me wich is the best set and where to get them? Or is there already a thread for that?

I did infact go to the Macross info site at anime something or other last nite like the newbie questionaire says to, adn i read the timeline of Macross. I THINK I understand it better now....not well, but better. One thing I noticed is that Max and Myria had like a dozen kids!! I also noticed that there are like a zillion diff things i have to get to see all of Macross.

And on the mother thing, I did already say that convincing her to buy me stuff was the critical issue, only being 15 and all. lol, its amazing how quickly dumb stuff can turn into a dumb argument

Yeah, we bicker a lot, we're a big happy family! :) (but I'm not calling AgentONE "Dad"!). And no worries mate... soon you'll be getting your first job, and then you can waste all the money you want on wonderful Macross goodies ^_^

There certainly is a lot to Macross, and I think it's all worth watching (the newest series out, Macross Zero, friggin ROCKS), do yourself a favor... watch Macross II and Macross 7 before you watch anything else... you will probably have a higher appreciation for them if you do (these are the most heavily debated and if you watch them before seeing anything else, you'll likely be happier about it)

There's really only 2 types of fastpacks out there.... the type that follows the movie and the type that follows the TV series. The only true difference is in the arm pieces (TV versions are a little more curved), but the movie version also features the Mauler double-action beam cannon that can be mounted on the shoulder (which is the bomb shiggity)

The movie (DYRL) version of the armor is sold separately, so you can put them on any 1/48 valkyrie. the TV version comes packaged ONLY with the VF-1J valkyries that are available, but you could fit them to any valkyrie also. There are lots of kick-ass valkyries to choose from (every member here has a different favorite... I own 2 1/48s and my favorite is the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valkyrie)

post-4-1087920034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull Leader

Hey y'all. This seems like a fine thread for me to make my first appearance, too.

I recently got back on the Macross wagon after picking up the Queadlunn-Rau. Great toy! Most recent acquisition: the GPB Armor set. I like the way it bulks up the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru, which was looking lonely as the only 1/60 in my collection. Looking forward to receiving my first 1/48 soon.

Best,

--MyClone