Is Steel Battalion anygood?

I think it rocks!! Especially if you have big Screen tv and a nice stereo. The sounds are really good and the grfx are excellent. The controls area bit cumbersome, but if you have done any simming, you should have no problem.

It's the closest you can get to being inside a mech...I think.

Mr Frosty

Nah... the closest thing was BattleTech Center, where you actually sat down in a closed cockpit and could play against 7 other people. Tons of buttons and controls. It was great!!!

There was a basic set up where the joystick controlled where you went, the throttle stick controlled how fast you went and that was it. But you could enter in a code on the keypad to unlock the other controls for advanced players. There was the right and left foot pedals, the torso rotation, different radars, IR camera view, seperate load, RoF and link controls for each weapon (up to 20-25, I think)...

I miss Battletech Center. :(

If you want to get Steel Battalion and you have multiplay capability, go get Line of Contact.

Not only do you get everything with Steel Battalion (Sans the origional game itself) You have multiplay capability, customized badging, X-Box live, and many more machines.

Oh, and one more thing: never drive a Vitzh. It's the only mecha in the game with a Black-and-white monitor. Unless your suicidal...and beware the Garpike.

Nah... the closest thing was BattleTech Center, where you actually sat down in a closed cockpit and could play against 7 other people. Tons of buttons and controls. It was great!!!

There was a basic set up where the joystick controlled where you went, the throttle stick controlled how fast you went and that was it. But you could enter in a code on the keypad to unlock the other controls for advanced players. There was the right and left foot pedals, the torso rotation, different radars, IR camera view, seperate load, RoF and link controls for each weapon (up to 20-25, I think)...

*SNIFF SNIFF*

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------

Good memories.

Edited by Dies Irae

You don't have to miss it. Check out Dave and Busters. They are a chain resturant and arcade (with Bar). Some of them have the Battletech sim pods. I am sure that there is a webpage out there for them and I am sure that they have a list somewhere of ones posessing the sim pods. I know the one in Cincinnati has them and I am pretty sure that the one in Chicago has them. They have introduced new mechs in the last couple of years. Check it out.

You don't have to miss it. Check out Dave and Busters. They are a chain resturant and arcade (with Bar). Some of them have the Battletech sim pods. I am sure that there is a webpage out there for them and I am sure that they have a list somewhere of ones posessing the sim pods. I know the one in Cincinnati has them and I am pretty sure that the one in Chicago has them. They have introduced new mechs in the last couple of years. Check it out.

Woo-hoo!!!!!

wasp, you just made my day!

• 10 years later...

steel battalion was so badass, it sucks how badly they fraked it up.

What did they do? I wanted to get the game but I heard all that start up stuff could be skipped with a button press. It's not like a cutscene. That should always be part of the game when you get that sort of joystick setup. At least that's my thinking.

What did they do? I wanted to get the game but I heard all that start up stuff could be skipped with a button press. It's not like a cutscene. That should always be part of the game when you get that sort of joystick setup. At least that's my thinking.

I think he's refering to the Xbox360 sequel, and how they tried to use the kinect to replace the giant console. The sensor was so inaccurate and clunky it made the game unplayable.

I think he's refering to the Xbox360 sequel, and how they tried to use the kinect to replace the giant console. The sensor was so inaccurate and clunky it made the game unplayable.

this. I never actually played Steel battalion (didn't have an xbox and couldn't afford a 200 game at the time), but it was the stuff of legend when I was a kid. It was sad to see a sequel that poor.