Gunpod in Macross

Ido

Just a curiosity

I noticed that in SDF Macross from the episode 29 the gunpod is more like a laser rifle then a gatling gun(the fire and the sound are different), they use another type of gunpod? If it is correct what is its name?

kamjim.jpg

Anime friend error... ok after the three laser head VF-1A... but they did the same error in all the episodes from the 28th(not 29, I wronged)? Sure that is an error?

Isn't possible that the UN have developed a new type of rifle in those 2 years?

Just for be sure.

Anime friend error... ok after the three laser head VF-1A... but they did the same error in all the episodes from the 28th(not 29, I wronged)? Sure that is an error?

Isn't possible that the UN have developed a new type of rifle in those 2 years?

Just for be sure.

It's possible that they could have developed something new, but there's nothing in the compendium to support this. In any case, I think Studio Nue would have done something to visually differentiate from a regular Gu-11.

That was the same gunpod the CF used to light the Zentraedi guy's cigar with, isn't it? :lol:

Macross was chock-full of errors and inconsistencies....but it was still fun to watch. My childhood imagination at the time magically "erased" or "explained" all of the *uck ups in Macross.

It's wierd, when I ws a little kid I always assumed the gunpod was just a rapid fire laser cannon (with options for single and burst fire) because of the sounds. :D

In the tv series we see Roy (in the episode where he has just rescued Hikaru and Minmay and attached the detached VF cockpit to his own veritech) actually killing a zentreadi pod with a single shot! (which is why I always thought it was just a beefy laser cannon with full auto, single and burst fire option)

In the macross plus collection dvd (haven't seen the movie edition btw) I've noticed the sounds for the gun pods seem a little different when you switch to japanese sound. It's a noisy gatling gun sound, but when switching to US audio, gunpods sound more star warsy. (go to the last ep where Bowman and Dyson are dogfighting in the air then keep switching audio with your audio button while it is playing in realtime to compare sounds. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if both tracks weren't on the disc.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

In the tv series we see Roy (in the episode where he has just rescued Hikaru and Minmay and attached the detached VF cockpit to his own veritech) actually killing a zentreadi pod with a single shot! (which is why I always thought it was just a beefy laser cannon with full auto, single and burst fire option)

In that episode when he transforms in fighter mode the cockpit is constantly change into a gunpod and back, :lol:

Animefriend? animefiend!

Minmay and Hikaru/Rick had thier Guardian/Gerwalk stuck to the ground because a dead Zentreadi had it's hand grabbed to its foot. Roy leaves expecting them to make it back to sdf1 on thier own, but then they are traumatised at the site of the giant alien so they don't do anything. Later, Roy comes back to pick them up, sees they are stranded and detaches thier cockpit to his arm or something. (very strange! I wonder if yamato will re-release 1/48 with this feature! B)) )

Later when roy makes his escape and has zentreadi pods chasing after him (Hikaru and minmay are still hanging on somewhere, Roy is still escaping when suddenly a single zentreadi pod appears from behind a cliff armed with missiles and everything. Then I remember it cuts to a closeup of Roy's face to indicate panic and concentration, and as he flies within range of the pod.. bam! 1 shot of the "Laser" cannon kills it (making the pod explode I think), ....and they escape and fly away to the hangars of sdf1 in space.

Anyway I can't remember the episode name. I just sort of thought it was cool how he could kill a massive pod in 1 measly hit. (Based on the idea that they are bigger than standard vfs.) And it's not like he aimed for a weak point or anything.

EDIT: Actually now when I think back to it, the lasers were shot from the cockpit and not the gunpod. My mistake. doh

Anyway there are a lot of "hidden" compartments we don't know about such as the little miniture "robotic repair arm" that pops out of the forearm/wrist area of the VF. I swear I saw this in the tv series. The mystery makes it alll the more sweet when you're a little kid.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Right, there are tons of errors in Macross there are scenes in wich you see Macross in cruise mode and when the scene change you see it in battle mode :D

The laser cannons locate under the cockpit and near the intakes are they also an error, right?

In the macross plus collection dvd (haven't seen the movie edition btw) I've noticed the sounds for the gun pods seem a little different when you switch to japanese sound. It's a noisy gatling gun sound, but when switching to US audio, gunpods sound more star warsy. (go to the last ep where Bowman and Dyson are dogfighting in the air then keep switching audio with your audio button while it is playing in realtime to compare sounds. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if both tracks weren't on the disc.)

What you are probably hearing is some of Manga's so-called "improvements" to the Macross Plus soundtrack.

Right, there are tons of errors in Macross there are scenes in wich you see Macross in cruise mode and when the scene change you see it in battle mode :D

The laser cannons locate under the cockpit and near the intakes are they also an error, right?

Yes, those are also errors.