Toynami Voltron for $150?

Hang on... if you read the fine print they are selling the Voltron as 3 sets? :blink:

Soooooo... are the 3 sets then boxed as one set or are they selling them as three sepparate sets? Just what is the deal?

... oh and does anyone remember the Matchbox Voltron reissue that came out to Toys R Us stores in like 1998 that had all the original metal lions de-neutered with launchers, lion weapons, sword accessories and all other manner of neat kitch?

We knew from before that it was going to be 3 sets. They showed the 3 boxes a few months ago. Total for the 3 combined being 150 is new, but hardly surprising. Looks quite good, but pricey. Better deal than Toynami usually does though. If I only knew what happened to the old one I had though from a few years ago. Lost it in a move somehow.

If Voltron goes on sale I'll consider it, but I guess we should be greateful they didn't want 70 or 80 for each box. <_<

Actually, I like the sculpt. It has a nice lean look to it, just like on the show. I seem to recall seeing pictures of the lions, and they looked better than the Matchbox big head lions, too.

All they need to do is sell it for a reasonable price. I won't pay $60 dollars for a 20th anny Prime, (though I oculd probably be persuaded) I sure as hell won't pay 150 bucks for Voltron. For $50, I'd snag it.

... oh and does anyone remember the Matchbox Voltron reissue that came out to Toys R Us stores in like 1998 that had all the original metal lions de-neutered with launchers, lion weapons, sword accessories and all other manner of neat kitch?

It was the trendmasters one. I got mine from tru for $19.99 in 98.

EH, never did like voltron anyway!! I always thought it was a cheap knock-off of

the greatest combiner robot of the 80's---VOLTES V!!! :) Now this I wouldn't mind paying lots of mula for!! ;)

New toys, series to be release on DVD here locally -_-

I'd rather have Vehicle Voltron. My classic action figure size Matchbox Lion Voltron more than meets any Lion Voltron requirements I'll ever have by a factor of 10...

Cyc

This is a pretty popular topic over on the official Voltron message boards. They are making the mistake of justifying the cost for this thing by bringing up the fact that Toynami is promising it to have plenty of die cast. Us here at Macrossworld have heard these claims before obviously(MPC "Veritech" anyone?). When I brought this up, just to make sure that no one gets disappointed or misled, it was not taken very well. Oh well, they'll learn the hard way I guess :rolleyes:

My Trendmasters version is just fine... and I got three of them on sale for $9.99 each. I can guarantee this one won't have nearly the die-cast that one does. You can damage cars with Trendmasters version.

And it's really not like I want a more accurate looking robot made up of five lions.

Bah, you guys are all just hatin' on Toynami. What part of "Masterpiece" don't you guys understand? It's clearly the most accurate Voltron known to mankind. I'd easily pay $200 for that. In fact, I just sent Toynami a blank cheque and told them to fill in the amount. No price is too high for the privilege of owning such fine craftsmanship. None of us are worthy to own the MPC Voltron. It's only by Toynami's uttmost charity that we are allowed to purchase it.

Oh yeah..... :rolleyes:

Edited by bsu legato

Hmmm after detesting the sculpt at first... It's starting to grow on me. Although that $150 price tag is a bit waaaay overpriced. You can get a Dancouga for that price, which is more worthy of that price tag. Anyway, hopefully prices from other vendors are around the $100 or less range.

talk about raping your childhood. First RT, now Voltron... I bet they're going after Thundercats and MASK so they can sell us each figure for $25, release it as limited so that the price can skyrocket to $150 each.

the sculpt looks okay, but I will definately have to see this sucked up close and personal before I even consider paying $150 for this. definately needs to have alot of diecast parts for that price, plus all the lion add on weapons, mouth sword things for each individual lion, as well as blazing sword and the throwing star thingy too.

OK Why are people saying Toynami is raping Voltron. Besides the price, the new toy looks great. How can you honestly say the old Matchbox version looks better?

NOPE but I can sure as hell say the trendmasters reissue and giant version with gijoe sized figures was!!!

reissue=30$

giant=60$ 20-10$ on discount

matchbox...evben that big bastard was cheaper than 150$. This is toynami we are talking about. NOw that they haev that pricepoint it wouldnt surprise me if the BETA costs 150$

sure it may look DECENT(for the love of god that thing looks PLAIN but okay...nothing spectaculr)

can you honestly say you would honk down 150$ for something not even a foot tall? Whn the reissue went for 30$ and undrobtedly probbaly has assloads more diecast?

Looks dont equal everythiung people. UNlike the 1.48 valk, a voltron robot doesnt need that much anal detailed painstakingly mindboggling transformation...especially when toynami UNDOUBTEDLY gets their transformations from PREVIOUS TOYS. IN a sense its called INDIRECT ripoff.

this toy would be AWESOME for 30$ but 150?> MY ASS.