1/55 FP

jasonkimberson

Do they sell these alone?

I would like a few sets myself but i have only seen them come with the VF-1S Hikaru reissue, Jetfire, and the original Taka toys from the 80's.

I wish they would sell a 1/55 fast pack set like Yamato does. Is there something out there i don't know about? Or are you asking how much is a good price to buy them off of someone?

It all depends. You definitely need to decide whether it is for an original release or one of the recent Bandai reissues, because the arm armor is different.

You also may want to consider recasts, if you find them.

As far as the price goes, it's basically what you're willing to pay.

Hey Jason, I know you're looking for the FPs by themselves, but there's an anime dealer at Frank & Son that has the Super 1S for only $65. Don't know their name, they're located near the center and have all their valks displayed at the top of their booth. I was thinking of getting another Super 1S for the FP from them. I already have 4 sets and sold the valks. I guess you can't have enough FPs. ;)

yeah,if you get a reissue fp,i'd say $35 would be the ceiling on those.like the otheres said,the originals would command a much higher price.an original bandai strike armour/cannon would be somewere between $80-$100 i think.good luck finding someone to part w/ 1 of those though <_<

yeah,if you get a reissue fp,i'd say $35 would be the ceiling on those.like the otheres said,the originals would command a much higher price.an original bandai strike armour/cannon would be somewere between $80-$100 i think.good luck finding someone to part w/ 1 of those though <_<

or you can do what I did and ask around for Strike parts. I ended up with one complete set, second set just missing one arm armor, and third set missing leg armor parts. :p:D:lol:

I sold a complete set of Bandai Strike armor w/ missiles and styrofoam tray for $200 awhile back.

• 1 month later...

I know cost is a factor, but would anyone consider making recast resin parts of the entire FP set? One for Original Taka and the other for Bandai re-issues?

The FP of Taka fit a little loose on the Re-issues, and the arm armor are different, thus two casts.

Anyone? ;)

Add me to the list for somebody recasting! (for a reasonable price).

Maybe even a slightly higher custom detail version for the recent Bandai reissues, with swap-able strike cannon.

I have a custom 1/55 just waiting for strike armor....

But you know what they say...wish in one hand, sh!t in the other, see which gets full first!

If you guys want it badly enough I can lend my armors to Rohby and he can recast them. I even have the Strike to have recasted. That would take care of the original and the reissues... It's be nice to have them tinted gray instead of that blue...

If the pieces would be cast that would be great...maybe even extra panel lines, and other details.

I doubt it... any extra details would just complicate things. Might as well buy the 1/48s if that was an issue.

Just for ppl wondering, I went through at one time, and made molds of all jetfire armor (same as old bandai's), and started to recast.

I made one complete set, and that was it. It's way too much work/cost/time to make them.

Especially when at the same time, HLJ had the supers for $35 (bought 4)

So yea, it can be done, but it's not really worth the effort/price.

just my $0.2

Brad

Just for ppl wondering, I went through at one time, and made molds of all jetfire armor (same as old bandai's), and started to recast.

I made one complete set, and that was it. It's way too much work/cost/time to make them.

Especially when at the same time, HLJ had the supers for $35 (bought 4)

So yea, it can be done, but it's not really worth the effort/price.

just my $0.2

Brad

Me too... I got 4... If that was avail. I'd suggest that people take advantage of it. But that was 2 years ago... IIRC.

Back in my customizing days I made a custom arm armour that fits both vintage and reissues ala outside clip like the elint arm armours. I made one mould of it and one cast of it. Since then the mold got warped.

The new armour had circle vents on the side, along with armour trapezoid lights on the side, and new square fronts (dyrl style) with seperate missile cluster attatchments. Man I miss customizing. This was way before 1:48's were even known, but I also had ideas for redoing the rest of the 1/55 armours with new details and such. I even wanted to recast the exposed strike FP engines and adapt it for both boosters, and then cast clear resin covers for them. (1:48 eventually did the same thing). Ah, I miss those days....so many ideas.

Armres1.jpg

Yeah, I think now with 1:48's out, it's pretty pointless to try to improve on the 1/55's. Now it's best to collect 1/55's in their original vintage form, and appreciate them for the original design for its day. To try to make them more realistic wouldn't be worth the time or money now.

Edited by redemption

Back in my customizing days I made a custom arm armour that fits both vintage and reissues ala outside clip like the elint arm armours. I made one mould of it and one cast of it. Since then the mold got warped.

The new armour had circle vents on the side, along with armour trapezoid lights on the side, and new square fronts (dyrl style) with seperate missile cluster attatchments. Man I miss customizing. This was way before 1:48's were even known, but I also had ideas for redoing the rest of the 1/55 armours with new details and such. I even wanted to recast the exposed strike FP engines and adapt it for both boosters, and then cast clear resin covers for them. (1:48 eventually did the same thing). Ah, I miss those days....so many ideas.

Armres1.jpg

Yeah, I think now with 1:48's out, it's pretty pointless to try to improve on the 1/55's. Now it's best to collect 1/55's in their original vintage form, and appreciate them for the original design for its day. To try to make them more realistic wouldn't be worth the time or money now.

alvin, is that you? :unsure:

actually,a while back user mslz22 (mike) had an entire 1/55 fastpack & armour recast.i bought a set & it was excellent quality.i believe he can do strike cannons too,so you guys should shoot him a pm,he'd probably make you up a set if he doesn't already have a few laying around.i remember seeing something from him here recently telling everyone to contact him if you need resin recast stuff,so he might be your best bet ;)

Edited by valkyrietestpilot